Subscribe to AfterDawn's weekly newsletter.
Vista / Win7 / Win8 / WinXP
The tool will check your computer for nasty rootkits and can aid in their removal.
- Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from the link to the right.
- Unzip the contents to a folder in a convenient location.
- Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exe
- Follow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.
- Click on the Cleanup button to remove any threats and reboot if prompted to do so.
- Wait while the system shuts down and the cleanup process is performed.
- Perform another scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit to verify that no threats remain. If they do, then click Cleanup once more and repeat the process.
- If no additional threats were found, verify that your system is now running normally, making sure that the following items are functional:
- Internet access
- Windows Update
- Windows Firewall
- If there are additional problems with your system, such as any of those listed above or other system issues, then run the 'fixdamage' tool included with Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit and reboot.
- Verify that your system is now functioning normally.
- If you experience any problems in running the tool or it hasn't fully resolved all of the issues you had, please contact Malwarebytes support.
malwarebytes anti-rootkit malware
1License and operating system information is based on latest version of the software.
(No user ratings yet)