Vista / Win7 / Win8 / WinXP
With WinToUSB, you can install and run Windows operating system on USB hard or flash disk from an ISO image or CD or DVD media.
- Easy-to-use wizard interface that provides step-by-step instructions for installing Windows on USB hard or flash disk.
- Install Windows from ISO image or CD/DVD drive.
- Support for Windows NT 6.x OS family (Vista/7/8/8.1/2008/2008 R2/2012/2012 R2).
- Use any edition of Windows 8(.1) to create Windows To Go USB drive.
- Support for MBR and GPT disk layouts.
- Don't need install WAIK (Windows Automated Installation Kit) or WADK (Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit).
NOTE: Do not expect this tool to be a perfect solution for running Windows from USB. Firstly, USB thumbdrives are typically slow (although you can get faster hardware at a higher cost) and on top of that, Windows Vista / 7 / 2008 do not have built-in USB 3.0 support and so this will only work from a USB 2.0 port with those operating systems.
On top of that, drivers and activation issues are likely to occur on different machines.
wintousb windows 7 windows 2008 windows vista usb 3.0
1License and operating system information is based on latest version of the software.
(No user ratings yet)