Version history for FileMenu Tools
Changes for v6.7 - v6.7.1
- Fixed painting issue of the context menu on Windows XP.
- Advanced Renamer: improved conflict detection.
- Custom commands: the character @ was added at the end of the file types with the variable @SAVEFILE@.
- Custom commands: the new variable %INSTALLFOLDERPATH% did not work for the file path of the program.
Changes for v6.6 - v6.7
- Added option to custom commands to convert the paths in arguments to URL format.
- Improved Create New Folder: multiple folders may be created at the same time and variables may be specified for the folder name.
- Pack to Folder: several folder levels may be specified with the backslash character.
- Advanced Renamer: the profiles are sort alphabetically.
- Copy to: the modification time of the copied folders is kept.
- Added variable %INSTALLFOLDERPATH% for the custom commands. This variable is the full path where FileMenu Tools is installed.
- Improved Delete empty folders: the system protected folders are ignored.
- Improved Delete empty folders: you may set if ignore the hidden files.
- Fixed bug in Copy Internet Path: when the scheme was "file", then a slash was added at the end incorrectly.
- Fixed bug in Split files: did not work properly for files with little size.
- Fixed bug in Change Time: the time of selected folders was not changed, only the subfolders.
- Minor bug fixes.
Changes for v6.5 - v6.6
- Improved the custom commands of type "Run program". A new option added to enter recursively in the subfolders when the custom command is configured to secuential execution.
- Folder Size: in FileMenu Tools 6.5 was added the analysis of hard links. So the real size in disk is calculated correctly if a file has referenced several hard links. The disadvantage is the process is slower. Therefore now is possible to choose if analyze the hard links or not.
- Fixed bug in Change Time: in specific time zones may exist a offset of one hour.
- Fixed bug in Advanced Renamer: when renaming folders recursively a message box was displayed continuously because the renamed folder was not found.
- Fixed bug in Advanced Renamer: did not convert correctly to lower case or upper case with special characters like áåöä, ÁÅÖÄ.
- Fixed bug in Sync Folders: the time of target files was not changed correctly and therefore always the origin files was detected as modified files.
- Minor bug fixes.
Changes for v6.4 - v6.5
- The languages can be downloaded or updated from the application. You now do not need to go to website to download your language and install it manually.
- Command Line From Here: this command will be run as administrator if either the key CTRL or the key SHIFT are pressed.
- Attributes: added a new option to show/hide the file extensions.
- Size of Folders: now takes into account the hard links and therefore calculates correctly the real size in disk when a file has several hard links referenced into the folder or subfolders.
- Fixed bug in Change Time: does not read correctly the time of folders.
- Improvements in custom commands:
- You can create a copy of the custom commands or a complete submenu.
- Now you can specify relative paths for the executable files. If the full path is not specified, then the file is searched into the folders in PATH environment variable.
- The variable @OPENFILE@ lets you now select several files.
- The variables @OPENFILE@ and @SAVEFILE@ can be configured to specify the file types displayed in the dialog box.
- Improvements in Advanced Renamer:
- Added new variables to insert into the file name:
- Added two new conversion types:
- Encode to URL format. The special characters will be converted to %XX
- Decode from URL format. The special characters will be decoded from the form %XX
- Now the preview is updated automatically and is more efficient than in previous versions
Changes for v6.3 - v6.4
- - Improved Advanced Renamer: now you can add up to 5 settings for the same renaming action.
- - Added a new type of custom command to rename the selected elements. In the properties of the custom command you can specify the renaming profile to be used when renaming the selected elements. Also you can specify if to enter into the subfolders recursively, or the file types to be included in the renaming.
- - Fixed bug in Change Time: sometimes the time was not calculated correctly with the summer time.
- - Fixed bug in Copy Internet Path: changed file:// by file:///
- Fixed bug in Select: did not work correctly on Windows XP.
Changes for v6.2 - v6.3
- FileMenu Tools can automatically check for new versions (never, every day, every week and every month). This can be configured from "Options" menu.
- Advanced Renamer: two new variables to add in the file name: RANDOM and SEQ.
- RANDOM adds a random string.
- SEQ adds a numeric sequence, starting in 1.
- Two new variables for the arguments of the custom commands: RELPATH y FOLDERNAME.
- RELPATH adds the path of the parent folder without the drive letter.
- FOLDERNAME adds the name of the parent folder.
- Calculate and Verify Checksums: now the checksums can be appended to a existing file.
- Fixed bug in Change Time: an error was displayed when the time was near to 24:00.
Changes for v6.1.3 - v6.2
- New tool: Delete Empty Folders. This tool deletes recursively all the empty subfolders that the selected folder contains.
- Improved Size of Folders: your can see the top file list in order of size.
- Improved Calculate and Verify Checksums: now you can save all the checksums in an only file and verify the checksums from an only checksum file. The checksum file now have a format compatible with third-party checksum apps.
- Improved Copy Internet Path: now you can specify the schema (http, ftp, etc.) and the hostname, and replace the base folder with other base folder in the server.
- Fixed bug in custom commands: the variables TARGET... did not work correctly with shortcuts.
- Fixed bug in Change Time: in summertime the file time was changed with a delay of one hour.
- Fixed bug in Attributes: show/hide hidden files did not work correctly.
- Fixed bug in Send to Mail Recipient: did not work with 64bit systems.
Changes for v6.1.2 - v6.1.3
- Now the windows displayed by the FMT commands are not modals, so your can continue using the Windows Explorer.
- Size of Folders: improved the appearance of the pie chart.
- Size of Folders: now ignores the symbolic links, because they does not take space in the hard disk.
- Fixed bug in Attributes: show/hide the hidden files did not work on Windows XP.
- Fixed bug in Advanced Renamer: when specifing the time in regular expressions, only the time of the first file was used for all files.
- Fixed bug: The windows of both Calculate Checksum and Size of Folders cannot be closed with ESC key.
Changes for v6.1 - v6.1.2
- Copy Content: now it works with multiple files at once.
- Fixed bug: on both Windows 7 and Windows Vista the commands did not work with more than 16 files selected in Windows Explorer when the visual styles are disabled.
- Minor bug fixes.
Changes for v6.0.1 - v6.1
- Added support to run FileMenu Tools from portable devices. You can download FileMenu Tools Portable from the download page. From the FileMenu Tools configurator you can export the settings to a INI file into the folder where FileMenu Tools Portable is installed, so you can use FileMenu Tools Portable with your current settings. You must copy the INI file to a file named "settings.ini" into the folder "[drive]\PortableApps\FileMenuTools\Data". FileMenu Tools Portable is compatible with both launchers PortableApps.com and CodySafe, and therefore FileMenu Tools will be displayed automatically in the app listing in these launchers.
- Added new utility: Unpack Folder. This utility moves all the elements into the selected folders to the parent folder, and deletes these empty folders.
- Added a new property for all the commands: Modifier Key. This property is available for all the commands (both built-in commands and custom commands). With this property you can set a modifier key for the command, and the command only will be showed in the context menu if this key is pressed while the menu is displaying. So you can assign a key for less commonly used commands, and by default the context menu displays only frequently used commands. The key can be any of the following: SHIFT, CONTROL, or WINDOWS. If you set this property to "None" (default), then the command always will be displayed in the context menu.
- Added a new variable for custom commands: %PARENTPATH%. This variable is the parent folder path which is common to all the selected elements. The variable %FOLDERPATH% now is the selected folder path, if only a element is selected and is a folder, else is equal to %PARENTPATH% (common parent path).
- Minor bug fixes.
Changes for v6.0 - v6.0.1
- Fixed bug in Advanced Renamer: did not work on Windows XP.
Changes for v5.8.1 - v6.0
- Fixed bug in Copy To and Move To: the Windows Explorer crashed when a folder was created.
- Fixed bug in custom commands: when asking for arguments, the application was run if the "Cancel" button was pushed.
- Fixed bug in configuration window: when the name of a custom command was been edited and other command was selected, then this command got the same name which was been edited.
- Fixed bug in Split Files: the parts were not correctly joined.
- Fixed bug in Shredder: didn't work correctly with small files.
- Fixed bug in Create New Folder: create new folder into UNC paths did not work.
- Split Files: now the number of parts is calculated automatically, and it is not necessary to push the Update button
- New utility: Create Symbolic Link. This utility lets you create symbolic links referenced to the selected elements. Only it works on Windows Vista and later.
- New utility: Calculate and Verify Checksum. This utility lets you verify the integrity of files by calculating their checksums. It supports the following algorithms: MD5, SHA1.
- Custom commands: by default the initial folder is the parent folder when only a folder is selected in the Windows Explorer.
- Custom commands: added new property Run as administrator. If this property is checked, then the program is run with administrator privileges. This is useful on Windows Vista and Windows 7 when UAC (User Account Control) is activated and the program needs perform changes in the machine which require administrator privileges.
- Added the following improvements in Advanced Renamer:
- It is possible to rename recusively into subfolders.
- Now the preview is not updated automatically, because it was very slow with a lot files. A new button has been added in order to update the preview manually.
- Include specific tags of photos: width, height, captured date and captured time.
- Include specific tags of MP3 files (ID3 tags): title, artist, album, year, genre, track, comment, length, bitrate and sample rate.
- Only for Windows 7: the Windows Explorer icon on the taskbar displays now a progress bar when an action of FileMenu Tools displays a progress bar. So you can see the progress when the Windows Explorer is not the foreground window.
- Copy Internet Path: standarized the Internet path. The character / is used instead of \, and also the special characters are replaced with the hexadecimal value.
Changes for v5.7 - v5.8.1
- Versión 5.8.1 - 05/16/2010
- Now on Windows 64-bit, FileMenu Tools works with both 32-bit and 64-bit applicactions simultaneously.
- Fixed bug: On both Windows Vista and Windows 7 when the selected visual theme was not the default theme, the icons in the context menu were not displayed correctly.
- Run With Parameters: added option to run the application with administrator privileges.
- Versión 5.8 - 02/14/2010
- Fixed bug: sometimes there were some separators together in the context menu.
- Fixed bug: on Windows XP the icons were not drawn correctly with drives.
- Fixed some problems when using the program with an user account without administrator privileges.
- Fixed some mistakes in the English language. Thanks to Tom Doan.
- Create new folder: now it is possible to create various subfolders at the same time with the backslash character. For example: folder1\folder2\folder3
- Fixed bug in Advanced Renamer: the title format did not work correctly with characters like ( ) [ ]
- Advanced Renamer: when a conflict exists by renaming files, the scroll of the preview is scrolled automatically to the first conflict position.
- Two new commands in Attributes submenu: Show Hidden Files and Show System Files.
- Customized Commands: it is possible to configure the customized commands in order to display them with specific folders only.
- Added more icons to the context menu for built-in commands.
- Fixed bug in Split/Join file: it did not support files with size more than 4GB.
- Size of Folders: now it displays the file count of each folder.
- Added new commands: Copy UNC Path (\\Machine\SharedResource\FilePath) and Copy Internet Path (file:\\FilePath)