Version history for GoldBug Instant Messenger
Changes for v1.9 - v2.1
- Main UI Changes:
- - Virtual keyboard for sensitive fields added. Please double-click to
- activate (e.g. Login tab or SMP-Funktion in the chat pop-up window). All authentication fields support the keyboards. The SMP
- mechanism does as well. English and German layouts currently provided.
- - Display received StarBeam File Sharing information in participant windows.
Changes for v0.9.05 - v0.9.07
- (1) Adaptive Echo (AE) Released. A new era begins: Hansel and Gretel can communicate without letting the Wicked Witch know. Because your network will learn from connections: Next to "Full Echo" (messages are sent to every connected neighbor and hop on and on to further neighbors, "P2P") and "Half Echo" (message is sent only to one connected neighbor for one dedicated hop/transfer, "F2F") and "Echo-Accounts" (only defined neighbors are allowed to connect, "Web-of-Trust") now with "Adaptive Echo" a learning, smart network will be established based on AE-Tokens. Adaptive Echo provides exclusiveness between nodes, knowing the token. That means, a node/kernel will send the message not to all connected neighbors, but only to those, who knwo the token. As the Wicked Witch does not know the token, Hansel and Gretel are free. See further explanation inside the Messenger. Please note that version 0.9.07 (Adaptive Echo release) removes compatibility with all previous versions. Hence, please update yourself and your friends with a new installation and key-exchange.
- (2) The App will now join the default common developer e*IRC/Buzz channel automatically after startup.
- (3) Improved StarBeam FileSharing.
- (4) Improved the SCTP implementation with respect to large data transfers. Added an SCTP listener to spot-on-neighbors.txt startup-connection-file.
- (5) Gui Improvements and Tooltip-Updates.
- (6) Compile Flag for GoldBug is now found in: GUI/spot-on-defines.h. (just replace in the spot-on.sf.net source the /ui and .pro files for GB)
- (7) Upgraded Libraries: Qt to version 5.3.1 on Windows and OpenSSL to version 1.0.1h on OS X and Windows.
Changes for v0.9.04 - v0.9.05
- (1) Implemented Project Chat Server. GlodBug now connects automatically to a chat server. For that, the file "spot-on-neighbors.txt" has been added with server-information of the project test server. The application will process the contents of the file after a new installation. Neighbor connections will be set to connected directly after the login. Please restart your application after initial key creation. Please note that the file "spot-on-neighbors.txt" is expected to reside within the directory that houses the GB executable.
- (2) Added a default E*IRC/Buzz developer's channel, so you can join and find other users and developers on the default project chat server.
- (3) For E*IRC/Buzz-Channels now salt values are - next to hash keys - mandatory, in case you create an own IRC room. In case you send a magnet to friends for your IRC-room/-channel, then the hash and salt will be automatically included.
- (4) Optimized GUI-Layout for Windows 8.1. Tablets (e.g. 7"-8").
Changes for v0.9.02 - v0.9.04
- Updated OpenSSL library to latest. GB had no heartbleed, as the lib was already the latest and not affected.
- (1) Improved, more simplified Gui, which is default at startup.
- (2) Added e-mail C/O institutions: Institutions will now be able to house 3rd-party e-mail without needing to distribute their public keys. (Please remove your old email.db.) With enabling C/O service you create a post office for your friends. Two methods exist: Define a common neighbor (e.g Alice and Bob connect to a common webserver as node, and all three have email keys shared), then the webserver stores the emails, even if Alice or Bob are offline. Second: Create an Institution and add the email key of a friend to your node. In case your friend adds the magnet link for the institution as well to his node, the institution will save all emails for him (as well from senders, which are not registered at the virtual institution). A Magnet Link allows to share the Institution easily.
- (3) SCTP implementation and support for Windows.
- (4) Public keys of other participants will now be encrypted. Please remove friends_public_keys.db.
- (5) Corrected a Bug in Rosetta CryptoPad Decryption.
Changes for v0.9 - v0.9.02
- (1) Added the StarBeam Analyzer to the tools menu for discovering missing chunks in the FileSharing function.
- (2) Ability to change friends names permanently in Chat and E-Mail tabs.
- (3) Corrected an error with Rosetta text: Newline characters are now not lost just because of toPlainText usage.
- (4) Upgraded Qt products to version 5.2.1 on Windows..
Changes for v0.8 - v0.9
- (1) Launch of the public project server for test purposes: DNS: tulip.cloud.tilaa.com
- (2) Massive Kernel and further improvements.
- (3) Use a separate key for computing local keyed hashes: Generating now more than 8 Keys.
- (4) Ability to copy e-mail key pairs of friends.
- (5) Import and export of Keys (tools menu).
- (6) Added menu buttons for to be build tablet modi.
- (7) Pop-up Chat Windows malfunctioning has been corrected: Sound available.
- (8) Introduced authentication timers (15 seconds) to secure D/H exchanges.
- (9) Upgraded to Qt 5.2.0 and OpenSSL 1.0.1f on Windows.
Changes for v0.6 - v0.7
- (1) Added FileSharing: Introduced the StarBeam Transfer Protocol. Magnet Links are related to Crypto-Channels in the network, and are not related to files. One-Time-Magnets ("OTM' s") are a Crypto-Channel to one dedicated file-transfer. Magnets of StarBeam are linkable on any homepage, as they are not associated to a file. The "Rewind" function starts the seed again. Seeders within these kind of "Crypto-Torrent"-like Magnets as trackers keep anonymous. Chunks are Encrypted. Keep Magnets private or use Accounts for Neighbours you trust or provide the file-rar/zip-encryption key after the Transmit.
- (2) e*IRC: Added hash keys and types to Buzz channels.
- (3) Transport: Added UDP transport as Option next to regular TCP transport.
- (4) GoldBug now deploys 6 RSA keys for Scrambler with faked Impersonator chat Messages (install fresh; in case you upgrade: please delete ./spoton path and generate a new profile).
- (5) Added support for TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2, where available.
- (6) Introduced sequence numbers and UTC times to chat protocol (in regard of UDP commmunications).
- (7) Gui Improvements.
Changes for v0.5 - v0.6
- (1) Introduction of ElGamal encryption key pairs (as alternative to RSA-Keys). (2) Signature key pairs are extended to a choice of: DSA and RSA. (3) Added Accounts for chat-servers/neighbors-connections: Create a dedicated connection on your EMPP-Chat-Server for friends only with a password. (4) Added pop-up windows per 1:1-friend-chat (doubleclick on a friend to open it). (5) Allow neighbors to be defined such that (non-ssl)-plaintext connections are prohibited (HTTPS-Only-Connections, Default: enabled - For that reason, please remove neighbors.db. in case you overtake your ".spoton"-datapath). (6) Introduced threaded peers: Go parallel with your processes! (7) Added Magnet-Uri Scheme for e*IRC/Buzz-Chat Channels as kind of Booksmarks for your echoed IRC-like-Chatrooms!