Version history for Google Chrome
Changes for v33.0.1750.117 - v33.0.1750.146
- This update includes 19 security fixes
Changes for v32.0.1700.102 - v32.0.1700.107
- This build contains security updates for Flash player.
Changes for v32.0.1700.76 - v32.0.1700.102
- This update has fixes for the following issues:
- Mouse Pointer disappears after exiting full-screen mode.
- Drag and drop files into Chrome may not work properly.
- Quicktime Plugin crashes in Chrome.
- Chrome becomes unresponsive.
- Trackpad users may not be able to scroll horizontally.
- Scrolling does not work in combo box.
- Chrome does not work with all CSS minifiers such as whitespace around a media query's `and` keyword.
- This update includes 14 security fixes
Changes for v31.0.1650.57 - v31.0.1650.63
- This update includes 15 security fixes.
Changes for v30.0.1599.69 - v30.0.1599.101
- This update includes 5 security fixes.
Changes for v30.0.1599.66 - v30.0.1599.69
- This update fixes the top two user issues with the latest stable build:
- Tabs freeze up (Issue: 303293)
- Lag in some games/GPU issues with certain monitors
Changes for v29.0.1547.76 - v30.0.1599.66
- A number of fixes and improvements, including:
- Easier searching by image
- A number of new apps/extension APIs
- Lots of under the hood changes for stability and performance
Changes for v29.0.1547.66 - v29.0.1547.76
-  Flash Player does not work in Metro mode
-  Unable to submit client certificates over TLS 1.2 from Windows
-  Canvas loses ability to render, is blank even if page reloaded
- Other stability improvements
Changes for v29.0.1547.62 - v29.0.1547.66
- This version contains a Flash update, as well as fixes an issue with Sync.
Changes for v29.0.1547.57 - v29.0.1547.62
- This release fixes a number of crashes and other bugs.
Changes for v28.0.1500.95 - v29.0.1547.57
- Improved Omnibox suggestions based on the recency of sites you have visited
- Ability to reset your profile back to its original state
- Many new apps and extensions APIs
- Lots of stability and performance improvements
Changes for v27.0.1453.116 - v28.0.1500.95
- This update includes 11 security fixes.
Changes for v27.0.1453.110 - v27.0.1453.116
- This automatic update includes security fixes.
- - Clickjacking in the Flash plug-in.
- This build also has fixes to the following issues:
- - Multiple flash movies on one page not playing
- - Arc rendering bug in canvas
- - Select box with Multiple option fires Onchange event on scroll
Changes for v27.0.1453.94 - v27.0.1453.110
Changes for v27.0.1453.93 - v27.0.1453.94
- Fixes a GPU-related crash
Changes for v26.0.1410.64 - v27.0.1453.93
- Web pages load 5% faster on average
- chrome.syncFileSystem API
- Improved ranking of predictions, improved spell correction, and numerous fundamental improvements for Omnibox predictions. Please see the Help Center for more information on our updated policies.
Changes for v25.0.1364.172 - v26.0.1410.43
- Contains number of new items including:
- "Ask Google for suggestions" spell checking feature improvements (e.g. grammar and homonym checking)
- Desktop shortcuts for multiple users (profiles) on Windows
Changes for v25.0.1364.160 - v25.0.1364.172
- This release contains stability improvements, and a new version of Adobe Flash.
Changes for v25.0.1364.152 - v25.0.1364.160
- This release contains security fixes.
Changes for v25.0.1364.97 - v25.0.1364.152
- This release contains security and stability improvements along with a number of bug fixes.
Changes for v24.0.1312.57 - v25.0.1364.97
- Improvements in managing and securing your extensions
- Better support for HTML5 time/date inputs
- Better WebGL error handling
- And lots of other features for developers
Changes for v24.0.1312.56 - v24.0.1312.57
- This build contains the following fixes:
- Mac: r177690 Fix renderer crashes when using certain IMEs. (Issue 152566)
- Mac: r178517 Fix microphone input dropout with Pepper Flash. (Issue 168859)
- Chrome Frame: r178591 Fix renderer exiting in certain cases when opening a new Window from Chrome Frame. (Issue 171877)
Changes for v24.0.1312.52 - v24.0.1312.56
- Fixed performance of mouse wheel scrolling.
- Fixed visited links regression.
- Fixed windows installation when installed as admin.
Changes for v23.0.1271.95 - v23.0.1271.97
- Some texts in a Website Settings popup are trimmed
- Linux: selection renders white text on white bg in apps
- some plugins stopped working
- Fixed a known crash
- Windows8: Unable to launch system level chrome after self destructing user-level chrome
Changes for v23.0.1271.64 - v23.0.1271.91
- This version fixes several issues including:
- No audio from Flash content when speaker configuration is set to Quadraphonic
- Aw, Snap renderer crash on Windows Server 2003
Changes for v22.0.1229.96 - v23.0.1271.64
- Chrome 23 contains a number of new features including GPU accelerated video decoding on Windows and easier website permissions.
Changes for v22.0.1229.92 - v22.0.1229.94
- This release contains fixes for the security issue.
Changes for v22.0.1229.79 - v22.0.1229.92
- This update contains a number of stability fixes, including an issue with multiple profiles on Mac OS X 10.8.2. It also contains a fix for text display on the Mac, as well as security updates.
Changes for v21.0.1180.83 - v21.0.1180.89
- •Several Pepper Flash fixes
- •Microphone issues with tinychat.com
- •devtools regression with "save as" of edited source
- •mini ninjas shaders fails
- •page randomly turns red/green gradient boxes
Changes for v21.0.1180.79 - v21.0.1180.83
- This build fixes the following issues:
- •Duplex Printing defaults to Yes, which prints extra pages even for a 1 page print out (Issue 138312).
- •Print preview takes forever on Win XP (issue: 140044)
- •Anti-DDoS inversion of logic (Issues: 141643, 141081)
- •Pepper Flash: in file uploads, treats HTTP status != 200 as failure, breaking (e.g.) uploads to Amazon S3 (Issue: 140468)
- •Projectmanager.com application causes Flash to hang (Issue: 141018)
- •Turn off TLS 1.1 in Chrome 21 Stable (Issue: 142172)
- •Setting and unsetting display:none obliterates current scroll position (issue: 140101)
Changes for v21.0.1180.77 - v21.0.1180.79
- This build fixes a security issue with Adobe Flash.
Changes for v21.0.1180.75 - v21.0.1180.77
- This build fixes a problem with an item in Node::attributes disappearing
Changes for v21.0.1180.60 - v21.0.1180.75
- This build fixes:
- •Flash videos not longer remaining in fullscreen when clicking a secondary monitor while the video is playing (Issue: 140366).
- •Flash video full screen displays on wrong monitor (Issue: 137523)
- •REGRESSION: Rendering difference in Chrome 21 and 22 that affected on Persian Wikipedia (Issue: 139502)
- •Some known crashes (Issues: 137498, 138552, 128652, 140140)
- •Audio objects are not "switched" immediately (Issue: 140247)
- •Print and Print Preview ignore paper size default in printer config (Issue: 135374)
- •Candidate windows is shown in wrong place in Retina display (Issue: 139108)
- •more of the choppy and distorted audio issues (Issue: 136624)
- •Japanese characters showing in Chinese font (Issue: 140432)
- •Video playback issues with flash-based sites (Issue: 139953)
- •Sync invalidation notification broken after restart (Issue: 139424)
Changes for v20.0.1132.57 - v21.0.1180.60
- Chrome 21 contains a number of new features including a new API for high-quality video and audio communication
Changes for v20.0.1132.47 - v20.0.1132.57
- Security fixes, updated Flash player, v8 (188.8.131.52) and couple of stability/bug fixes.
Changes for v19.0.1084.56 - v20.0.1132.47
- This release disables some of Chrome’s GPU acceleration features on Mac hardware containing the Intel HD 4000 graphics chip (e.g. the new Macbook Airs), in order to prevent a resource leak which is causing a kernel panic on that hardware. This is a temporary change while we work on fixing the root cause of the issue.
Changes for v19.0.1084.52 - v19.0.1084.56
- This build contains a new version of Flash Player (11.3), in addition to some minor stability fixes.
Changes for v18.0.1025.168 - v19.0.1084.46
- Chrome 19 contains a number of bug fixes and new features like tab sync
Changes for v18.0.1025.162 - v18.0.1025.168
- Security fixes
Changes for v18.0.1025.152 - v18.0.1025.162
- ?Facebook page hangs after a while
- ?black screen on Hybrid Graphics system with GPU accelerated compositing enabled
Changes for v18.0.1025.151 - v18.0.1025.152
- This release fixes issues with SSL (Issue: 118706). Please note this might reintroduce Issue: 117371 and we are actively working on a fix for it.
Changes for v18.0.1025.142 - v18.0.1025.151
- ?black screen on Hybrid Graphics system with GPU accelerated compositing enabled (Issue: 117371)
- ?CSS not applied to
element (Issue: 114667)
- ?Regression rendering a div with background gradient and borders (Issue: 113726)
- ?Canvas 2D line drawing bug with GPU acceleration (Issue: 121285)
- ?Multiple crashes (Issues: 72235, 116825 and 92998)
- ?Pop-up dialog is at wrong position (Issue: 116045)
- ?HTML Canvas patterns are broken if you change the transformation matrix (Issue: 112165)
- ?SSL interstitial error "proceed anyway" / "back to safety" buttons don't work (Issue: 119252)
- Known Issues:
- ?HTML5 audio doesn't work on some Mac computers (Issue: 109441)
- Security fixes and rewards:
- A new version of Flash Player is included.
Changes for v17.0.963.83 - v18.0.1025.142
- It contains a number of new features including faster and fancier graphics.
- This version also contains the new Adobe Flash release.
Changes for v17.0.963.79 - v17.0.963.83
- This release fixes issues with Flash games, along with the security fixes
Changes for v17.0.963.78 - v17.0.963.79
- This release fixes issues with Flash games
- Security fix: plug-in load and GPU process memory corruption
Changes for v17.0.963.66 - v17.0.963.78
- This release fixes issues with Flash games and videos and
- the $60,000]   Critical CVE-2011-3046: UXSS and bad history navigation.
Changes for v17.0.963.56 - v17.0.963.65
- This release fixes a number of issues including:
- ?Cursors and backgrounds sometimes do not load
- ?Plugins not loading on some pages
- ?Text paste includes trailing spaces
- ?Websites using touch controls break
Changes for v17.0.963.46 - v17.0.963.56
- This release fixes a number of stability and security issues in Chrome, and also includes a new version of Flash.
Changes for v16.0.912.77 - v17.0.963.46
- New Extensions APIs
- Updated Omnibox Prerendering
- Download Scanning Protection
- Many other small changes
Changes for v16.0.912.75 - v16.0.912.77
- Bug fixes
Changes for v16.0.912.63 - v16.0.912.75
- [$1000]  High CVE-2011-3921: Use-after-free in animation frames. Credit to Boris Zbarsky of Mozilla
- [$1000]  High CVE-2011-3919: Heap-buffer-overflow in libxml. Credit to Jüri Aedla
-  High CVE-2011-3922: Stack-buffer-overflow in glyph handling. Credit to Google Chrome Security Team (Cris Neckar)
Changes for v15.0.874.121 - v16.0.912.63
- Chrome 16 contains some really great improvements including enhancements to Sync and the ability to create multiple profiles on a single instance of Chrome.
Changes for v15.0.874.120 - v15.0.874.121
- ?Updated V8 - 184.108.40.206
- ?This build contains the fix to a regression: SVG in iframe doesn't use specified dimensions
Changes for v15.0.874.106 - v15.0.874.120
- ?Updated V8 - 220.127.116.11
- ?Fix small print sizing issues
- ?This new build also contains a new version of Flash which contains security fixes. (Release Notes)
Changes for v15.0.874.102 - v15.0.874.106
- The Stable channel has been updated to 15.0.874.106 for Windows, Mac, Linux, and Chrome Frame. This release fixes login issues to Barrons Online and The Wall Street Journal.
Changes for v14.0.835.202 - v15.0.874.102
- Chrome 15 contains some really great improvements including a new New Tab page.
Changes for v14.0.835.187 - v14.0.835.202
- Security fixes and rewards:
- Please see the Chromium security page for more detail. Note that the referenced bugs may be kept private until a majority of our users are up to date with the fix.
- High CVE-2011-2876: Use-after-free in text line box handling. Credit to miaubiz.
- High CVE-2011-2877: Stale font in SVG text handling. Credit to miaubiz.
- High CVE-2011-2878: Inappropriate cross-origin access to the window prototype. Credit to Sergey Glazunov.
- High CVE-2011-2879: Lifetime and threading issues in audio node handling. Credit to Google Chrome Security Team (Inferno).
- High CVE-2011-2880: Use-after-free in the v8 bindings. Credit to Sergey Glazunov.
- High CVE-2011-2881: Memory corruption with v8 hidden objects. Credit to Sergey Glazunov.
- Critical CVE-2011-3873: Memory corruption in shader translator. Credit to Zhenyao Mo of the Chromium development community.
Changes for v14.0.835.186 - v14.0.835.187
- These updates should help repair Chrome installs that were broken due to the issue with Microsoft Security Essentials
Changes for v14.0.835.163 - v14.0.835.186
- Pepper flash: update to 10.3.200.107
- Crash fixes
Changes for v13.0.782.218 - v13.0.782.220
- We're revoking trust for SSL certificates issued by DigiNotar-controlled intermediate CAs used by the Dutch PKIoverheid program.
Changes for v12.0.742.112 - v13.0.782.112
- includes an updated version of Flash Player
Changes for v12.0.742.91 - v12.0.742.100
- This release contains an updated version of Adobe Flash
Changes for v11.0.696.77 - v12.0.742.91
- Hardware accelerated 3D CSS
- New Safe Browsing protection against downloading malicious files
- Ability to delete Flash cookies from inside Chrome
- Launch Apps by name from the Omnibox
- Integrated Sync into new settings pages
- Improved screen reader support
- New warning when hitting Command-Q on Mac
- Removal of Google Gears
Changes for v11.0.696.71 - v11.0.696.77
- This release contains an updated version of Adobe Flash.
Changes for v11.0.696.68 - v11.0.696.71
-  Low CVE-2011-1801: Pop-up blocker bypass. Credit to Chamal De Silva.
- [$1000]  High CVE-2011-1804: Stale pointer in floats rendering. Credit to Martin Barbella.
-  Critical CVE-2011-1806: Memory corruption in GPU command buffer. Credit to Google Chrome Security Team (Cris Neckar).
-  Critical CVE-2011-1807: Out-of-bounds write in blob handling. Credit to Google Chrome Security Team (Inferno) and Kostya Serebryany of the Chromium development community.
Changes for v11.0.696.60 - v11.0.696.65
- After deleting bookmarks on the Bookmark managers, the bookmark bar doesn't display properly with existing bookmarks. (Issue 80580).
- About Google Chrome window shows unknown channel for 11.0.696.57 (Issue 80683).
- Chrome/Mac seems to clobber focus when uploading attachments to Gmail with the flash-based uploader (Issue 77172).
- Also included is an updated version of Flash Player 10.2.
Changes for v10.0.648.205 - v11.0.696.57
-  High CVE-2011-1303: Stale pointer in floating object handling. Credit to Scott Hess of the Chromium development community and Martin Barbella.
-  Low CVE-2011-1304: Pop-up block bypass via plug-ins. Credit to Chamal De Silva.
- [Linux / Mac only]  Medium CVE-2011-1305: Linked-list race in database handling. Credit to Kostya Serebryany of the Chromium development community.
- [$500]  Medium CVE-2011-1434: Lack of thread safety in MIME handling. Credit to Aki Helin.
-  Medium CVE-2011-1435: Bad extension with ‘tabs’ permission can capture local files. Credit to Cole Snodgrass.
- [Linux only]  Low CVE-2011-1436: Possible browser crash due to bad interaction with X. Credit to miaubiz.
- [$1000]  High CVE-2011-1437: Integer overflows in float rendering. Credit to miaubiz.
- [$1000]  High CVE-2011-1438: Same origin policy violation with blobs. Credit to kuzzcc.
- [Linux only]  High CVE-2011-1439: Prevent interference between renderer processes. Credit to Julien Tinnes of the Google Security Team.
- [$1000]  High CVE-2011-1440: Use-after-free with tag and CSS. Credit to Jose A. Vazquez.
- [$500]  High CVE-2011-1441: Bad cast with floating select lists. Credit to Michael Griffiths.
- [$1000]  High CVE-2011-1442: Corrupt node trees with mutation events. Credit to Sergey Glazunov and wushi of team 509.
- [$1000]  High CVE-2011-1443: Stale pointers in layering code. Credit to Martin Barbella.
- [$500] [Linux only]  High CVE-2011-1444: Race condition in sandbox launcher. Credit to Dan Rosenberg.
-  Medium CVE-2011-1445: Out-of-bounds read in SVG. Credit to wushi of team509.
- [$3000]    High CVE-2011-1446: Possible URL bar spoofs with navigation errors and interrupted loads. Credit to kuzzcc.
- [$1000]  High CVE-2011-1447: Stale pointer in drop-down list handling. Credit to miaubiz.
- [$1000]  High CVE-2011-1448: Stale pointer in height calculations. Credit to wushi of team509.
- [$1000]  High CVE-2011-1449: Use-after-free in WebSockets. Credit to Marek Majkowski.
-  Low CVE-2011-1450: Dangling pointers in file dialogs. Credit to kuzzcc.
- [$2000]  High CVE-2011-1451: Dangling pointers in DOM id map. Credit to Sergey Glazunov.
- [$500]  Medium CVE-2011-1452: URL bar spoof with redirect and manual reload. Credit to Jordi Chancel.
- [$1500]  High CVE-2011-1454: Use-after-free in DOM id handling. Credit to Sergey Glazunov.
-  Medium CVE-2011-1455: Out-of-bounds read with multipart-encoded PDF. Credit to Eric Roman of the Chromium development community.
-  High CVE-2011-1456: Stale pointers with PDF forms. Credit to Eric Roman of the Chromium development community.
Changes for v10.0.648.127 - v10.0.648.133
- Security fixes and rewards:
- Please see the Chromium security page for more detail. Note that the referenced bugs may be kept private until a majority of our users are up to date with the fix.
- [$1337] CVE-2011-1290  High Memory corruption in style handling. Credit to Vincenzo Iozzo, Ralf Philipp Weinmann and Willem Pinckaers reported through ZDI.
Changes for v7.0.517.44 - v8.0.552.215
-  Low Possible pop-up blocker bypass. Credit to Google Chrome Security Team (SkyLined).
-  Medium Cross-origin video theft with canvas. Credit to Nirankush Panchbhai and Microsoft Vulnerability Research (MSVR).
-  Low Browser crash with HTML5 databases. Credit to Google Chrome Security Team (Inferno).
-  Low Prevent excessive file dialogs, possibly leading to browser crash. Credit to Cezary Tomczak (gosu.pl).
- [$500]  High Use after free in history handling. Credit to Stefan Troger.
- [Linux / Mac]  Medium Make sure the “dangerous file types” list is uptodate with the Windows platforms. Credit to Billy Rios of the Google Security Team.
-  Low Browser crash with HTTP proxy authentication. Credit to Mohammed Bouhlel.
-  Medium Out-of-bounds read regression in WebM video support. Credit to Google Chrome Security Team (Chris Evans), based on earlier testcases from Mozilla and Microsoft (MSVR).
- [$1000]  High Crash due to bad indexing with malformed video. Credit to miaubiz.
-  Medium Possible browser memory corruption via malicious privileged extension. Credit to kuzzcc.
- [$1000]  High Use after free with SVG animations. Credit to Slawomir Blazek.
- [$500]  Medium Use after free in mouse dragging event handling. Credit to kuzzcc.
- [$1000]  High Double free in XPath handling. Credit to Yang Dingning from NCNIPC, Graduate University of Chinese Academy of Sciences.
Changes for v5.0.371.0 Beta - v5.0.375.29 Beta
- File drag-and-drop in Gmail
- App Cache
- Web sockets
Changes for v18.104.22.168 Beta - v22.214.171.124
- [r18038] [CRASH] Fix crash when opening and closing TaskManager multiple times. (Issue: 13361)
- [r18052] When closing a tab with the close box, highlight the close box of the new tab that slides into place. (Issue: 8838)
- [r18061] [MAC] Clicking a file link in the download manager should open the file. (Issue: 13552)
- [r18085] [LINUX] Ctrl-Q should quit.
- [r18086] [CRASH] Attempt to fix crash suspected to occur when closing the browser during certain page transitions. (Issue: 11493)
- [r18087] [LINUX] [CRASH] Fix browser crash if the renderer dies quickly. (Issue: 13715)
- [r18099] Don't auto-spell-correct abbreviations, e.g. "WTO" should not get corrected to "TWO". (Issue: 12921)
- [r18102] Show the time remaining in the downloads page. (Issue: 13386)
- [r18113, r18207, r18285] [LINUX] Add UI for blocked popups. (Issue: 12843)
- [r18116] Temporarily disable extensions in incognito mode. (Issue: 12326)
- [r18121] Show a scrollbar instead of truncating long lists (e.g. the list of languages in the Options UI). (Issue: 13438)
- [r18151, r18458, r18532] [CRASH] Fix crash when closing Incognito window after downloading a file from it. (Issue: 13681)
- [r18157] [CRASH] Fix rare renderer crash having to do with caching and V8 garbage collection. (Issue: 13780)
- [r18170] Show context menu for browser frame on mouseup, not mousedown. (Issue: 5695)
- [r18173] [MAC] Processes should not appear to be "Not Responding" in Activity Monitor. (Issue: 11319)
- [r18174] [LINUX] Resize tabs on a timer after the mouse leaves the tabstrip (like Windows). (Issue: 13471)
- [r18176] [LINUX] Pressing arrow keys inside the Find bar should scroll the page. (Issue: 12697)
- [r18196] [LINUX] Shift-enter in find bar should search backwards. (Issue: 13520)
- [r18217] Fix controls being cut off on the right side of the Fonts & Languages dialog. (Issue: 13366)
- [r18225] [LINUX] Context-menu options like copy/paste and correct misspelling were not working on some sites. (Issues: 13404, 13554)
- [r18290] [WINDOWS] Show accurate network usage for browser process in Chrome's Task Manager. (Issue: 13958)
- [r18292] Fix RTL issues on download bar. (Issues: 6103, 13217)
- [r18316] Implement signature verification for all extensions. (Issue: 12114)
- [r18335, r18402] Fix several problems when doing reverse-focus-traversal (using shift-tab). (Issue: 6785, 6871)
- [r18338] [CRASH] Fix crash when visiting site with invalid SSL cert. (Issue: 13979)
- [r18340] [MAC] Add bookmark bar favicons. (Issue: 8381)
- [r18344, r18463] [LINUX] [CRASH] Fix crashes and other problems (especially with dragging) in bookmark manager and bookmark bar. (Issue: 13110, 14019)
- [r18352] Make extension processes visible in the Chrome Task Manager. (Issue: 12127)
- [r18389] [MAC] Fix favicons getting corrupted on New Tab Page (only fixes new favicons, not existing corrupt ones).
- [r18390, r18491] [MAC] Incognito windows should have an Incognito graphic. (Issue: 12536)
- [r18401] Fix tab dragging glitches in RTL UIs. (Issue: 6223)
- [r18408, r18490, r18505] [MAC] Improve tooltip support. (Issue: 13995)
- [r18465] Support XHR in HTML5 Web Workers. (Issue: 4361)
- [r18472] [MAC] Don't hide the window when clicking sites in the New Tab Page. (Issue: 14144)
- [r18479] Remove advanced option controls relating to mixed content.
- [r18497] [LINUX] Fix memory leak.
- [r18503] [MAC] Beginnings of