Version history for NirSoft CSVFileView
Changes for v2.00 - v2.01
- Fixed bug: CSVFileView failed to remember the last size/position of the main window if it was not located in the primary monitor.
Changes for v1.96 - v2.00
- Added new file type in 'Save Selected Items' option: Custom Delimited File. You can set the desired delimiter and quote characters of this file type using 'Custom Delimited File Settings' (Ctrl+F9)
- Added 'Always On Top' option.
Changes for v1.93 - v1.96
- Added secondary sorting support: You can now get a secondary sorting, by holding down the shift key while clicking the column header. Be aware that you only have to hold down the shift key when clicking the second/third/fourth column. To sort the first column you should not hold down the Shirt key.
Changes for v1.92 - v1.93
- Added 'Keep Columns Size/Order on Refresh' option.
Changes for v1.91 - v1.92
- Added 'Clear Recent Files List' option.
Changes for v1.90 - v1.91
- Added /cfg command-line option, which instructs CSVFileView to use a config file in another location instead if the default config file, for example:
- CSVFileView.exe /cfg "%AppData%\CSVFileView.cfg"
Changes for v1.87 - v1.90
- Added 'Copy Sorted Column Data' option, which copies to the clipboard the text of all selected items, but only the column that is currently sorted.
- Added 'Select All' and 'Deselect All' options in the 'Choose Columns' window.
- CSVFileView now detects the date/time of Apache Web server log (For example: 29/Jul/2013:10:38:57 -0400)
- Added option to specify space character ( /s ) as delimiter in the 'Advanced Open' window.
Changes for v1.86 - v1.87
- Added 'Original File Order - Descending' and 'First Column - Descending' to the 'After Loading File - Sort By' option.
Changes for v1.85 - v1.86
- While loading large files, CSVFileView now displays progress information in the status bar.
Changes for v1.82 - v1.85
- CSVFileView now loads large files much faster and with less memory usage ( /FastMode command-line option is not needed anymore. If from some reason you want to run it in the previous mode, you can execute CSVFileView with /NoFastMode command-line option).
Changes for v1.81 - v1.82
- Fixed bug: When 'Auto Refresh' option was turned on, trying to load a large csv file caused CSVFileView to hang and to consume extreme amount of memory.
Changes for v1.80 - v1.81
- Added 'Beep On New Line' option. (Works only on partial refresh)
Changes for v1.76 - v1.80
- When selecting a single line, the line number in the original file is now displayed in the status bar (Be aware that empty lines are not counted by CSVFileView)
- Added option to display the csv lines with different font (Options -> Select Another Font).
Changes for v1.75 - v1.76
- Added 'Scroll To Bottom On New Line' option. If this option is turned on, a parial refresh is made, and new lines were added since the last refresh, then the List-View is scrolled to the bottom in order to show you the added new lines.
Changes for v1.71 - v1.75
- Added 'Partial Refresh' option (Ctrl+F5), which makes a smooth refresh, without reloading the entire table. However, Partial Refresh will not work properly if you add/remove columns or change their position.
- Added 'Auto Refresh Mode' which allows you to choose how to refresh when the 'Auto Refresh' option is turned on - Partial Refresh or Full refresh.
Changes for v1.70 - v1.71
- Fixed bug: CSVFileView crashed when opening a file with large amount of columns.
Changes for v1.67 - v1.70
- The properties window now supports multiple pages, for handling files with large amount of columns.
Changes for v1.66 - v1.67
- Fixed bug: When opening a file with /load command-line option, CSVFileView sorted the list by the first column, even if the 'Sort by original file order' option was selected.
Changes for v1.65 - v1.66
- Added 'Load only from line number...' option (In 'Advanced Open' window)
- Fixed issue: The properties and the other windows opened in the wrong monitor, on multi-monitors system.
Changes for v1.60 - v1.65
- Added option to load last xx lines or first xx lines from the file. (In 'Advanced Open' window)
- Fixed issue: If you open a file with 'Advanced Open' window and then do a refresh (F5) CSVFileView now loads the file with the last 'Advanced Open' settings. In previous versions, it opened the file with the default settings.
Changes for v1.55 - v1.60
- Added 'Open Text In Clipboard' option (Ctrl+F7), which allows you to open csv/tab-delimited text that you copied to the clipboard.
- You can also specify 'Clipboard:' as a filename in the 'Advanced Open' window or from command-line (/Load Clipboard:) , in order to grab the csv/tab-delimited text from the clipboard.
- The 'Automatic Date Sorting' feature now also works with combination of date and time, for example: 22/03/2011 21:34:25
Changes for v1.51 - v1.55
- Added 'After Loading File - Sort By' option, which allows you to choose how to sort the file after loading it into CSVFileView - by original file order or by the first column.
- Added 'Automatic Column Size' option, which allows you to choose how to set the columns size after loading a file - Fixed Size (Default), By Column Values Only, or By Column Values+Headers.
- You can now load a file from stdin, by specifying stdin: as a filename, for example:
- CSVFileView.exe /Load stdin: < c:\temp\myfile.csv
Changes for v1.50 - v1.51
- Added 'Auto Size Columns+Headers' option, which allows you to automatically resize the columns according to the row values and column headers.
Changes for v1.45 - v1.50
- Added 'Open Recent File' menu (Under the File menu), which allows you to easily open the last 10 csv files that you have previously opened.
Changes for v1.40 - v1.45
- Added new mode that allows you to load large .csv files much faster and with less memory usage. This mode is currently in Beta, so in order to activate it, you have to run CSVFileView with /FastMode command-line option: CSVFileView.exe /FastMode
- If you use CSVFileView for loading large files, it's highly recommended that you try this mode and report about any bug/problem you discover.
Changes for v1.35 - v1.40
- Added 'Hide Selected Lines' option (Ctrl+H)
Changes for v1.30 - v1.35
- Added 'Advanced Open' option, which allows you to specify the delimiter and quotes characters of the file you want to load. This option is useful for files that their delimiter character is not detected correctly by CSVFileView.
Changes for v1.25 - v1.30
- Added 'Allow MultiLine Fields' option. When it's turned on, CSVFileView will be able to load csv file containing field values with multiple lines.
- Added option to stop the loading process of csv file, by clicking the 'Stop' menu item, or by pressing the Esc key.
Changes for v1.20 - v1.25
- Added 'Auto Refresh' option. When it's turned on, CSVFileView automatically reloads the file when a change in the size/modified time of the file is detected.
- Added 'Descending Sort By Original Order' option (Ctrl+F8)
- When using the refresh option (F5), the lines are now sorted according to the last sorting you chose (by clicking the column headers).