Version history for Notepad++ Portable
Changes for v6.6.8 - v6.6.9
- Fix comment command bug that the comment symbols isn't set on the first column for Fortran.
- Add python parson for function List.
- Make icons' background colour transparent for functionList and projectManager.
- New feature: Apply new file default settings on created new file (opened via command line).
- Fix colour picker' chooser bug which does not work well.
Changes for v6.6.7 - v6.6.8
- Settings on cloud - Google Drive.
- Fix Settings on cloud - OneDrive detection error.
- Make internal docking dialogs apply the selected theme's background and foreground colours.
- Fix the bug that "backslash is escape char for SQL" setting is not saved correctly.
- Fix the bug that user cannot disable "backslash is SQL escape char" without restarting.
- Fix DocMap's syntax highlighting doesn't update while current doc apply a new syntax highlighting.
- Add 2 new plugins APIs: NPPM_GETEDITORDEFAULTBACKGROUNDCOLOR & NPPM_GETEDITORDEFAULTFOREGROUNDCOLOR
- Add new notification NPPN_SNAPSHOTDIRTYFILELOADED to notify plugins that a snapshot dirty file is loaded on startup.
Changes for v6.6.6 - v6.6.7
- Settings on cloud - OneDrive.
- Fix the crash issue on start up for some context.
Changes for v6.6.4 - v6.6.6
- Fix "Settings on cloud - Dropbox" not working problem if the dropbox path has been changed.
- Fix a saving issue in session snapshot and periodic backup feature while backup file is deleted or read-only.
Changes for v6.6.3 - v6.6.4
- New feature: Settings on cloud - Dropbox
- Add backup path info for session snapshot & periodic backup feature.
Changes for v6.6.2 - v6.6.3
- Fix SaveAll command hanging issue while session snapshot is enabled.
- Fix docking error messages displaying due to bad detection of windows version.
- Fix restoring saved files as unsaved due to SaveAll bug in session snapshot mode.
- Disable session snapshot while command line argument -nosession is used.
- Fix bug that backup is not performed (in session snapshot mode) while view is switched from one to another.
- Fix a bug in NppShell when trying to open many files.
Changes for v6.6.1 - v6.6.2
- a session snapshot bug has been fixed - The correct behaviour is: the session snapshot feature cannot be enabled if "remember current session" option is disabled.
Changes for v6.6 - v6.6.1
- A hanging issue has been fixed
Changes for v6.5.5 - v6.6
- The main feature of this release is Session snapshot & periodic backup.
- If this feature is enabled (enabled by default), user won't be asked to save unsaved file as he quits Notepad++, and on startup Notepad++ restores the unsaved file and unsaved untitled document of last session.
Changes for v6.5.4 - v6.5.5
- Add character encoding auto-detection feature.
- Fix the word-completion hanging problem by typing Chinese in ANSI document under Chinese Windows 7/8 64 bits.
- Enable word-completion in ANSI document under CJK environment.
- Add wildcard capacity for file name argument in command line.
- Add new command line argument "-r" for opening files recursively (with wildcard characters).
- Fix the crash bug while setting current document as Objective-C source code.
- Fix rename not replacing the existing file bug.
- Enhance Function list feature: reload on saving.
- Enhance Function list feature: better recognition of perl function.
- Fix sorting path in Windows document dialog makes Notepad++ crash.
- Fix the no extension column setting for Doc Switcher not initialized properly in preference dialog.
- Add "Command line arguments help" menu item command.
Changes for v6.5.3 - v6.5.4
- Enhance Notepad++ to conform with DPI-aware application.
- Make extension column optional in vertical file switcher.
- Add 3rd option "function + word completion" in auto-completion feature.
- Fix closing bug in doc switcher via the context menu (right clicking of an unselected item).
Changes for v6.5.2 - v6.5.3
- Make advanced scrolling optional so it can be disabled in case of touchpad scrolling problem.
- Enhance sort lines feature: if several lines are selected, only the selected lines are sorted.
- Add hex value column in Ascii Insert Panel.
- Enhance performance: prevent switched-in document from being parsed by function list and by document map while these 2 panels are hidden.
- Fix the bug that modified tab interface colour settings cannot be saved in stylers configurator.
- Fix text crazy flickering while resizing the frame on a specific position.
- Fix the context menu not shown for the all other users (accounts) in the same PC.
Changes for v6.5.1 - v6.5.2
- Add sort lines feature
- Make 2 external commands as build-in commands: Open containing folder in Explorer/cmd
- URL hovered highlighting can be customized
- Fix the bug that Global Styles are not loaded completely in Stylers Configurator
- Improve php and js parsers in functionList
- Add panel icons for 6 panels: ascii insertion, clipboard history, doc map, doc switcher, function list and project
- Fix function list class border determination problem (while open/close symbols are in the comment zone)
- Fix crash (buffer overflowed problem) for function calltip
- Fix a bug in path auto-completion feature
- Fix tab close button's color remains hovered while mouse leaves
- Update html auto-completion file
Changes for v6.5 - v6.5.1
- Add search and sort abilities into build-in function list.
- Add auto-completion for absolute path feature.
- Fix scrolling text problem while using "Synaptics touchpad".
- Fix EOL type not correctly determined for UTF-16 files bug.
- Fix tab settings bug in Normal text.
Changes for v6.4.5 - v6.5
- This new release with updated Scintilla, contains several new features and bug fixes. Here are the main added features:
- The language CoffeeScript is supported.
- Auto-close feature allows not only to complete parentheses, quotes, bracket and matched xml/html tag, but also to define user's delimiter pairs. You can enable them in preferences dialog.
- Multi-paste: the copied text will be pasted multiply when multi-selection or /and column mode is/are applied.
- Enhancement of function list: new reload button, user defined languages supported, new parsers (php, perl, xml, batch, ini and nsis).
Changes for v6.4.4 - v6.4.5
- Fix a regression on recent files history.
Changes for v6.4.3 - v6.4.4
- Fix a crash issue while there's missing tag in functionList.xml.
- Fix UTF-8 (w/o BOM) detection bug.
- Fix line numbers space problem while folding.
- Fix opening file in Notepad++ makes Aero-snapped cancelled.
- Change behaviour: statusbar reports the number of selected characters instead of number of bytes now.
- Add "close all tab to left" and "close all tab to right" features.
- Add direct access to the tab feature (Ctrl + NumPad).
- Fix macro replaying crash issue.
- Add insert blank line above/below the current line feature(Ctrl+Alt+Enter/Ctrl+Alt+Shift+Enter respectively).
- Add selection between matching braces feature.
- Fix opening file problem from the network drive.
- Fix C++ class (*.h) parsing problem in function list while there is comment on the beginning of document.
- Enhance function list's C/C++ parser.
Changes for v6.4.2 - v6.4.3
- Fix a crash issue while using Function list.
- Enhance delimiter selection (Ctrl + Mouse Double Click) - add GUI settings in Preferences dialog.
- Add open session in the new instance capacity.
- Add new command line argument "-openSession" for opening a session file.
- Add multi-instance option.
- Fix regression -systemtray command line option not working properly.
- Fix begin/end selection bug after the text modification between the begin and end position.
- Add localization command line option -LlangCode where langCode is browser language code.
Changes for v6.4.1 - v6.4.2
- Fix localization regressions.
- Make "Begin/End Select" Command recordable in macro.
- Enhance the delimiter selection(Ctrl + double click) feature.
- Fix Find/Replace dialog status bar overwriting memory problem.
- Fix Run dialog doesn't work with spaces in path.
- Fix "Find all in current document" asking for creating a new file bug (regression).
Changes for v6.4 - v6.4.1
- Fix a crash issue (regression).
Changes for v6.3.3 - v6.4
- Display the error/result in the new added statusbar of Find/Replace dialog instead in popup dialogs.
- Add delimiter select by ctrl+Double click feature.
- Add set begin position feature for selection.
- Fix fold all command bug (which folds partially).
- Fix opening the same file twice due to its different path (for example symbol link).
- Fix deleting macro from macro menu crash issue.
- Fix the bug of Window position not saved/restored properly.
- Fix small window size problem due to closing Notepad++ in icon state (reduced in the taskbar) on the last session.
- Enhance Block comment: remove 1024 bytes limit.
- Fix a detection error of UTF16 file from a binary file.
- Enhance the performance of switching files if folding is applied.
- Fix macro problem: Find functionality doesn't work in "Run a Macro Multiple Times".
- Enhance the performance while double clicking on a very long word.
- Enhance TAB/Space conversion: UTF8 support and preserving the current state.
- Change the Preferences dialog's UI (List interface instead of tab interface).
Changes for v6.3.2 - v6.3.3
- Add remembering folding between sessions feature.
- Optimize startup (loading last session) performance.
- Add multi-select feature in Document List Panel and Close/Keep the selected files commands.
- Add new spell checker plugin (DSpellCheck).
Changes for v6.3.1 - v6.3.2
- Fix a regression (performance issue)
- Recognize wscript and Rakefile respectively as python and ruby file
Changes for v6.3 - v6.3.1
- Fix replacing '\n' bug in both extended and regex mode
- Remember folding states for each file in session
- Fix a crash bug on uncommenting
- Add "Set Updater proxy..." command for setting the proxy of updater
- Fix the problem of Window position not saved/restored properly
- Add new API NPPM_GETCURRENTVIEW
Changes for v6.2.3 - v6.3
- Fix regex search replace hanging problem.
- Fix folding performance issue.
- Fix folding level N folds partially bug.
- Add UDL (User Defined Language) versioning.
- Make UDL line comment start position definition be more accurate.
- Add new options for UDL number definition.
- Fix applying wrong UDL bug while several UDL exist.
- Fix UDL incorrect folding while Unix EOL is used.
- Fix UDL stream comment hanging problem.
- Fix UDL multi-part keywords recongnition problem while "Ignore case" is checked.
- Fix a UDL number recongnition problem.
- Fix crashing on XP problem in UDL.
- Fix the bug that double clicking on tab with 2 views doesn't open new file.
- Fix the bug that file cannot be opened via Explorer context menu when Notepad++ is run as administrator.
- Fix the problem that calltip becomes garbage after switching document.
- Fix the bug that empty document cannot be saved when using special encoding.
- Fix the issue of document focus after canceling exit on an unsaved file.
- Fix folding performance issue
- Fix folding partially bug.
- Fix tab display bug when buffer's filename is changed or buffer is closed.
- Fix the problem of wrong starting window position on the second monitor.
- Remove the redundant message under win7/vista/xp while move file into recycle bin.
Changes for v6.2.2 - v6.2.3
- Fix find "\r\n" bug in RegExpr mode.
- Change "Delete file" command to "Move to Recycle Bin".
- Add Remove empty lines feature.
- Change document default value from ANSI to UTF8 w/o BOM.
- Enable Word-completion under CJK environment for unicode document.
Changes for v6.2.1 - v6.2.2
- Fix url link style problem in php document.
- Add selected line count display on the status bar.
- Add the capacity to treat path like "\test\test.txt".
Changes for v6.2 - v6.2.1
- Fix link hotspot colourising issue.
- Fix a regression bug about Configurator GUI: font setting controls are disabled.
- Fix a crash issue due to the inconsistent userDefineLang.xml.
- Fixed bug of UDL2 where "Folder in code" keywords were detected even outside of commnets.
- Fixed for the hex number detection bug of UDL2 (for example, 0xfece57 ok, but not 0xfe57ce).
- Fix a crash bug while file path as argument and its length is more than 260 characters.
Changes for v6.1.8 - v6.2
- In v6.2, much better UDL system (UDL2) is provided by Ivan Radic (aka Loreia). Not only many restrictions/limitations in UDL are removed, but also a lot of new features/enhancements are added in UDL2. In fact, you can almost define any language with it.
- The key features of UDL2 are:
- 1. More keyword groups were added (more syntax highlighting can be defined):
- 3 folding groups
- 8 keyword groups
- 2 comment groups
- 1 number definitons
- 2 operators groups
- 8 delimiter sets
- 2. Multipart keywords are supported (for example: "else if" can be defined as a single keyword)
- 3. Whitespace is no longer mandatory as keyword separator: Operators, Delimiters and Folding keywords can be recognized with or without whitespace separators.
- 4. Numbers recognition support is greatly improved (prefix, suffix, range and extra symbols supported).
- 5. Operators and delimiters can be longer than one character.
- 6. The same characters can be used as comments AND operators.
- 7. Comments and delimiters support nesting (even within each other).
- 8. Improvments to Comments include:
- Comment folding
- Comment continuation
- Comment only start at the beginning of line
- 9. In the case of several comment pairs defined, comment open symbols match only with comment close symbols of the same order. (for example: /* C comment */, /+ D comment +/, but not /* mixed comment +/)
- Thank Loreia for this new shining UDL engine, and thank Christian Cuvier for his multi-part keyword and number enhancement in UDL2.
Changes for v6.1.7 - v6.1.8
- Regression of wrong behaviour is fixed : a "No more disk space" message is displayed while saving an empty file
Changes for v6.1.6 - v6.1.7
- Fix config.xml zero length bug after Windows' update (Notepad++ is forced to quit)
- Fix a crash issue on save as command
- Fix saving file fails silently bug
- Fix a buffer overflow bug
- Add case sensitive option for smart highlighting feature
- Enhance the localization system
Changes for v6.1.5 - v6.1.6
- Fix (Walk around) Notepad++ hanging on CJK input with ANSI document while enabling word completion.
- Enhance folding performance on large documents.
- Check update without elevating to Administrator right.
- Add update auto-detection for the environment vista/windows 7/Windows 8.
- Fix bug: Doc switcher icon state not refreshed after '"save all" action.
- Make Document map togglable via menu.
- Enhance Find/Replace dialog result messages.
- Fix a issue that "max number of recent files" cannot be set to 0.
- Add font size 5, 6 and 7 in Style Configurator
Changes for v6.1.3 - v6.1.5
- Fix a html tag match freezing issue
- Fix the sidebar splitter failed in Windows 8 issue
- Fix un regression: folding/unfolding performance issue
- Fix tab context menu in the other localization regression due to adding new command "Reload"
- Fix lower/UPPER case on selected text which contains NULL characters
- Fix wrap/unwrap line position not being kept bug
Changes for v6.1.2 - v6.1.3
- Enhance the performance issue for xml matching tags highlighting and for displaying clickable links
- While the amount of file to open is larger than 200, a dialog will be shown to warn user
- Fix Notepad++ close bug while move one cloned new empty document into another view, in the destination contained only this new empty document
- Fix hanging problem while double-click on a project folder then (immediately) drag it
- Fix a bug while command argument contain an empty string ("")
- Fix mouse cursor disappearing bug on right click while a project item is dragging
Changes for v6.1.1 - v6.1.2
- Fix Notepad++ hanging bug due to the opened file containing a half of UTF-8 double byte sequence at the end of the file
Changes for v6.1 - v6.1.1
- Enhance project's License (GPL) to avoid the other malicious websites bundle Notepad++ release with their parasite software.
- Fix selectAll-copy-paste on the same document crash bug while document map has been activated.
- Fix a regression about auto-completion feature.
- Fix focus on document map problem after its launch.
Changes for v6.0 - v6.1
- Fix search/replace bug while Document Map is opened.
- Fix User Defined Language syntax highlighting problem while Document Map is opened.
- Fix showing Chinese characters problem while Document Map is opened.
- The old behaviour of comment/uncomment without selection is restored.
- Fix selecting all the text in document map while clicking on its dialog caption.
Changes for v5.9.8 - v6.0
- PCRE (Perl Compatible Regular Expressions) is supported.
- Add Document Map feature (via Menu View->Document Map): Screenshot 1, Screenshot 2
- Enhance the loading performance for the large file.
Changes for v18.104.22.168 - v5.9.8
- Add drag and drop capacity in Project Manager (only inside of Project Manager)
- Add "Move Up" (Ctrl+Up) and "Move Down" (Ctrl+Down) commands in Project Panel
- Edit Zone border can be customizable via "Editing" tab of Preferences dialog
- Fix an aesthetic problem in incremental search bar
- Fix "Save all" GUI bug
- Make plugins in %APPDATA%\Notepad++\plugins\ override les plugins in Notepad++ installation directory. (Plugins loading from %APPDATA%\Notepad++\plugins\ is enabled only if NPP_INSTALLED_DIR\Notepad++\allowAppDataPlugins.xml is present)
Changes for v5.9.6 - v22.214.171.124
- Fix the crash issue while executing "Add Files from Directory" command (Project Manager).
- Enhance "Add files from Directory" command in Project Manager - sorted result: first all folders, then all files, both of them alphabetically.
Changes for v5.9.5 - v5.9.6
- New features and fixed bugs in Notepad++ v5.9.6
- Add a new feature "Adding files recursively from a folder" in Project Manager
- Fix a bug in Project Manager regarding open and reload commands
- Included plugins (Unicode)
- Spell Checker v1.3.3
- NppFTP 0.24.1
Changes for v5.9.4 - v5.9.5
- Fix Project Panel loading non-project file bug
- Fix saving project file bug while saving it on the root
- Fix adding/hidding Language Menue item problem in Preference dialog
- Make Project Panel translatable
Changes for v5.9.3 - v5.9.4
- Add 3 Project Panels for the management of projects
- Doc Switcher can be sorted now.
- Fix a crash bug - crash on launch time if default User defined language was set on the previous session.
- Fix crash issue while printing for some printers.
- Fix ANSI version Clipboard history entries display bug.
- Fix wrong display of tab number setting dialog in Lang Menu/Tab settings of Preferences dialog.
Changes for v5.9.2 - v5.9.3
- Update Scintilla to 2.27
- Make Recent File List totally customizable
- Add Vertical File Switcher feature
- Add active folding area highlighting feature (only for box and circle mode)
- Detect if Scintilla is absent
- Add 2 plugins messages NPPM_GETLANGUAGENAME & NPPM_GETLANGUAGEDESC
Changes for v5.9.1 - v5.9.2
- Fixed bugs in Notepad++ v5.9.2 :
- Fix the Clipboard History crash issue while no data in Clipboard.
- Fix the local directory installation option ignored issue in Installer.
- Reduce the recent file history width to 32 characters.
- Included plugins (Unicode):
- Spell Checker v1.3.3
- NppExport v0.2.8
- Compare Plugin 126.96.36.199
- Plugin Manager 0.9.3.1
- Converter 3.0
- Included plugins (ANSI):
- TextFX v0.25
- NppExec v0.4.1
- Spell Checker v1.3.3
- NppExport v0.2.8
- Light Explorer v1.6
- Compare Plugin 1.5.5
- Plugin Manager 0.9.3.1
Changes for v5.9 - v5.9.1
- Add Character Insertion Panel.
- Add Clipboard History feature.
- Add find characters in range feature.
Changes for v5.8.7 - v5.9
- Update Scintilla from 2.21 to 2.25.
- New feature: Non-greedy regular expression (Scintilla).
- Add Copy/Cut/Paste Binary Content feature.
- Add "paste HTML content" and "paste RTF content" commands.
- Fix the inverse of title and message for some MessageBox.
- Add "Remove Unmarked Lines" command.
- Add "Column Mode Tip" to notice users the usage of column mode in Notepad++.
Changes for v5.8.6 - v5.8.7
- Notepad++ v5.8.7 new features and fixed bug (from v5.8.6)
- 1. Fix a regression bug: the notification message boxes were not modal. It can be ignored by user then cause wrong input characters.
- 2. In order to reduce the confusion, new "Mark" tab for "Mark all" feature is made in Find/Replace dialog.
- 3. Make "Fide what" and "Replace with" fields larger in Find/Replace dialog.
- 4. Make message dialogs in Notepad++ translatable (in progress).
- 5. Change user manual format from chm to html.
- 6. Make minimalist installation available in installer.
- Included plugins (Unicode):
- 1. TextFX v0.26
- 2. Spell Checker v1.3.3
- 3. NppFTP 0.23
- 4. NppExport v0.2.8
- 5. Compare Plugin 188.8.131.52
- 6. Plugin Manager 0.9.3.1
Changes for v5.8.5 - v5.8.6
- Fix langs.xml 0 length problem while user ends session without closing Notepad++
- Fix empty line count failure (RegExpr)
- Fix task list display glitch under Windows 7
- Add trim functions (header/trailing/compact feature)
- Add white space and TAB conversion features
- Fix folding margin to be displayed when opening Notepad++ with a new/empty file (Normal text)
Changes for v5.8.4 - v5.8.5
- Fix Shell Extension (32 bits) icon absent issue
- Fix the crash problem if config.xml is not present
- Fix tab settings not saved under Windows 7 problem
- Fix localization switching under Windows 7 problem
- Fix x64 system files problems : not included in recent file history list while closing a file
- Fix x64 system files problems : not remembered in the next session problem
Changes for v5.8.3 - v5.8.4
- Fix memory leak problem while switching tab.
- Fix User Defined Language dialog docking problem under Windows 7.
- Fix backwards search with Asian codepage problem.
- Add a new capacity in context menu: the menu item and folder item can be renamed (and in whichever language).
- All the supported encoding charsets can be set as default in "New Document Settings".
- Remove Calltip restriction from plugins side.
- Add "-alwaysOnTop" command line argument.
- Fix icon display glitch in shell extension context menu.
Changes for v5.8.2 - v5.8.3
- A new application icon.
- Add the capacity to open x64 system files.
- Add Edit context menu command.
- Add a new ability: sub-menus commands can be in the context menu.
- Fix context menu reload problem (plugin commands reload fails).
- Fix searching up fails while code page is set to Chinese/Japnese/Korean bug.
- Remove unsupported encodings by Microsoft Windows : ISO-8859-10, ISO-8859-11, ISO-8859-16.
- Fix move down current lines bug while moving down on the last line.
- Fix crash issue : crash in the next launch after setting MS-DOS-Style as default language.
- Fix zoom bug on the second view.
- Fix a heap corruption of ColourPicker.
- Due to UAC issue, doLocalConf.xml is ignored under vista and windows 7, if Notepad++ is installed in "Program files" directory.
Changes for v5.81 - v5.8.2
- Fix windows 7 crash bug while executing update
- Fix macro recording bug for the non-ASCII characters
- Fix C# syntax highlighting disabled problem after reloading
- Fix find performance issue related macro recording
- Modify SaveFile dialog behaviour: it browses inside the directory instead of creating the new file with the given directory name
Changes for v5.8 - v5.81
- This version might be unstable due to Scintilla updating.
- Hopefully there is no more crash issue.
Changes for v5.7 - v5.8
- This release integrates the newest Scintilla component (v2.21), so there could be some regressions.
Changes for v5.6.8 Rev 2 - v5.7
- Upgrade Scintilla to version 2.12.
- Add "Inverse bookmark" feature.
- Add NPPM_SAVECURRENTFILEAS message.
- Fix premature deallocation bug for import UDL.
- Add import/export User Defined Language features.
- File detection : Switch to modified or deleted file while user is asked to reload or keep the file.
- Fix closing several detected non-existing files bug.
- Fix language switching to English not working bug.
- Reduce PostIt/FullScreen restore button size.
- Fix PostIt wrong restore button position after toggling off fullScreen mode.
- Fix crashes on new 11 character long UDL names bug.
- Fix "Save all" inconsistent icon state on toolbar.
- Add new keywords of HTML 5 and css.
Changes for v5.6.8 - v5.6.8 Rev 2
- A fix for the misbehaving LightExplorer plugin has been added and the result posted as Revision 2.
Changes for v5.6.4 - v5.6.8
- Fix comment stream without selection bug.
- Fix Find in files results highlighting regression bug.
- Fix regression bug (include the correct SciLexer.dll) about insensible case search mode.
Changes for v5.5.1 - v5.6.4
- 1. Add feature of conversion from a localization encoding to UNICODE.
- 2. Fix status bar display bug that xml/html utf8 indicator makes status bar display ANSI instead of ANSI as UTF-8.