Version history for SMPlayer (Portable)
Changes for v16.8.0 - v16.9
- * New option to send the audio to the specified audio device.
- It can be useful to send the audio to a TV via a HDMI cable
- or wireless headphones via bluetooth.
- * Some improvements on the playlist. Now it's possible to hide
- any column (right click to see the options). The search field
- is also hidden by default, a new search button shows/hides it.
- This changes are intended to prevent the playlist window to
- be too wide.
- * Due to bugs and problems with Qt 5, the packages for Ubuntu are
- now built again with Qt 4 by default.
- * Bug fixes.
Changes for v16.4.0 - v16.8.0
- * The playlist has been improved. Now it's possible to sort by any column. There's a new column, with the path of the file (or URL) (this allows you to sort the list by folder). Now it's possible to search (actually filter) in the playlist. And finally there's a new option to load a playlist from internet. As example, you can enter this URL: http://smplayer.info/onlinetv.php It will download a playlist with some online TV streams.
- * Bug fixes.
Changes for v14.9.0 - v15.9.0
- Support for the 3D stereo filter.
- We added support for mpv, which is a player based on mplayer with new features and bug fixes.
- Now it's possible to select a secondary subtitle track which is displayed on top of the screen (mpv only).
- New option to set a template for screenshots (mpv only).
- Now it's possible to play videos from streaming sites (besides Youtube) like DailyMotion, Vimeo, Vevo and many more (mpv only).
- Option to step back one frame (mpv only).
- The Windows installer now allows to choose the playback engine to install: mplayer or mpv.
- Better support for YouTube (VEVO videos).
- Possibility to set a proxy.
- New action (assigned by default to key "I") shows the current playback time, total time and percentage, for 2 seconds on the OSD.
- Add the possibility to use the mouse buttons for "next chapter" and "previous chapter".
- New option to delete a file in the playlist from the filesystem.
- Support for MPRIS2.
- Possibility to compile SMPlayer without MPlayer or mpv support.
- The new H2O theme is now the default theme.
Changes for v14.3.0 - v14.9.0
- Fix for Youtube.
- New option to shut down the computer when playback has finished.
- The themes and skin icons are loaded from resource files (*.rcc).
- New fix for searching subtitles from opensubtitles.org that should return more results.
Changes for v0.8.6 - v14.3.0
- Possibility to play (non-protected) blu-ray discs.
- The control for fullscreen mode has been rewritten and improved. Now it is displayed over the video.
- (Windows) New option in Preferences -> Subtitles to enable or disable the use of the Windows font directory. Disabling this option prevents the annoying font scanning.
- Some presets have been added to the audio equalizer.
- Better support for multimedia keys. This can help control SMPlayer with a remote control.
- The option "Move the window when the video area is dragged" has been fixed.
- (Windows) Now it's possible to open Windows shortcuts (symlinks).
- Better support for Youtube encrypted signatures.
- (Windows) Better screensaver disabling.
- Many bugfixes.
- Possibility to compile with Qt 5.
Changes for v0.8.5.5592 (development version) - v0.8.6
- SMPlayer can now update its internal Youtube code from internet so it's not necessary to update smplayer everytime Youtube makes a change.
- A section "Updates" has been added to the preferences dialog, where it's possible to configure or disable the update checker.
- SMPlayer could still fail to find some subtitles from opensubtitles.org. Hopefully this is fixed.
- (Windows) The autoload of subtitles with non latin1 filenames has been fixed.
- The Windows installer gives the possibility to delete most of the configuration files of smplayer. This can be useful if the configuration files have been corrupted or smplayer has been misconfigured. Linux users can use the command "smplayer -delete-config".
- Several other bugfixes. See the Changelog for details.
Changes for v0.8.4 - v0.8.5
- Due to changes in opensubtitles.org, smplayer couldn't find subtitles anymore. This has been fixed.
- The interface with support for skins is now the default.
- An option to enter url(s) in the playlist has been added.
- The options to change the size of the main window work now even if the autoresize is set to never.
- Two new options for Audio -> Stereo mode: Mono and Reverse.
- The option "Move the window when the video area is dragged" is now disabled by default because it has some issues that need to be addressed.
- (Linux) The problem with mplayer2 and the -fontconfig option has been fixed (sort of).
- New translation: Malay.
- Some configuration options are changed to new defaults after installation to ease upgrade from old versions.
Changes for v0.8.3 - v0.8.4
- New option to select the fps for external subtitles.
- The video equalizer dialog has been rewritten.
- Now smplayer checks for updates automatically and notifies the user if a new version is found.
- Support for encoding ISO-8859-16 for subtitles.
- New translations: Thai and Hebrew.
- Some bugfixes.
Changes for v0.8.2 - v0.8.3
- Fix for Youtube playback
Changes for v0.8.1 - v0.8.2
- A skinnable interface has been added. Several skins are included.
- Support for 6.1 and 7.1 audio output.
- A "Privacy" section in the preferences dialog has been added. You can disable saving the recent files or URLs.
- The main window can be moved by dragging the video area.
- Fix for a freeze that may happen on Windows XP.
Changes for v0.7.1 Rev 2 - v0.8.0
- A toolbar editor has been added. Now it's possible to select the buttons and controls that want to appear in the toolbars.
- New video filters: gradfun, blur and sharpen.
- Now it's possible to change the GUI (default, mini, mpc) at runtime, no restart required.
- sub files from opensubtitles should work again.
- (Youtube) Recognize short urls (like this one: http://y2u.be/F5OcZBVPwOA)
- Better support for chapters in video files.
- Bug fix: remote m3u files work from the favorites menu or command line.
- Internal changes in the single instance option (switch to QtSingleApplication).
Changes for v0.7.0 - v0.7.1
- This version includes some bug fixes, some of them important. It's highly recommended to update.
- SMPlayer took more than 10 seconds to show when running for the very first time.
- The links to download subtitles from Opensubtitles were wrong.
- SMPlayer crashed in the favorite editor when trying to select a file if the KDE open dialog was used.
- Some translations were missing in the Windows package.
- By default the screenshots are saved in the user's pictures folder instead of the SMPlayer's config folder.
- Now it's possible to change the opensubtitles server.
- Youtube: seeking is slow with flv videos, so now flv videos have the lowest priority.
- Youtube: now it's possible to search and download videos from youtube. This is provided by an external application (in linux you have to install an independent package: smtube).
Changes for v0.6.10 - v0.7.0
- New favorite menu, where you can add your favorite videos, music, streams, youtube videos... It's also possible to add submenus.
- Support for youtube. Now you can open urls like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=..... using the Open -> URL dialog or dragging a link from a browser to the smplayer window.
- Support for mplayer2 (http://www.mplayer2.org). It's a fork of mplayer with interesting features like precise seeking, ordered chapters in mkv videos and better pause handling (e.g. seek works while the video is paused).
- New translation: croatian.
Changes for v0.6.8 - v0.6.9
- A serious bug has been fixed: sometimes smplayer failed to find subtitles in opensubtitles.org.
- Implemented the possibility to mark an A-B section, to play a part of the file only.
- (Linux) smplayer doesn't use alsa as default audio driver anymore. It should fix freezing problems on Ubuntu.
- Possibility to display the video resolution and frames per second in the status bar.
- Audio: selection of left or right channel does work now.
- (Linux) Improved support for vdpau.