Teen in China sells his own kidney to get iPad 2

Written by Andre Yoskowitz @ 02 Jun 2011 7:48 User comments (20)

Teen in China sells his own kidney to get iPad 2 The Shanghai Daily has reported today that 17-year-old teenager Anhui Province Zheng sold his kidney to be able to purchase an Apple iPad 2.
Zheng sold his kidney for about $3000 USD, but says now that his health is worsening.

"I wanted to buy an iPad 2 but could not afford it. A broker contacted me on the Internet and said he could help me sell one kidney for 20,000 yuan," says the teen.

The hospital in which his surgery was performed did not meet safety qualifications for organ removal/transplants but claimed they knew nothing of the surgery after police probed them.

After selling the kidney, Zheng bought an iPad 2 and an iPhone but when pressed by his mother as to where he got them he explained the surgery.

The video is in Chinese but you can see his scar:

12.6.2011 19:51

The retard got what he deserved...Stupid sheeple...

Piss me off, and I Will ignore You!

22.6.2011 20:20

"Boy Trapped in Refrigerator Eats Own Foot" - Airplane!, 1980.

32.6.2011 21:28

crazy people out there.

42.6.2011 21:37
Anti-Consumerist
Unverified new user

This is just one of the more extreme symptoms of a person living in a consumerist society, where the value of commercial products is perceived to be more important than the health and safety of oneself.

52.6.2011 22:11

I think he just fellow Steve job's advise, LOL. I think Steve Job should gave an Ipad 2 to whoever wants to donate their kidney.

62.6.2011 22:25

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

72.6.2011 22:27

I hope this kid survives and his health stays good. I also hope he drops his ipad down a flight of stairs, and his iphone in the toilet.

82.6.2011 22:40

Why didn't the kid go out and get a freakin' job?!? China has been stealing jobs away from the rest of the world for years now....

In two-three months, the kid could've had enough cash to buy his own iPad without sacrificing his kidney.

92.6.2011 23:07

It would probably take him at least half year to save up for one in china. I just bought an iPad 2 with about 4 days salary, I know I'm glad to be in America working as an engineering intern making the money I do. That desparation for a material object is pretty pathetic though.

102.6.2011 23:23

I know apple charges an arm and a leg for their products...but this might be the first time they charged a kidney.

Originally posted by baxter00:
I hope he at least goes sterile...he isn't exactly a huge leap forward for evolution. As for his iCrap...I hope that nothing happens to either of them...that way, when he is confined to bed and sick as a dog in a few years, he can look over and see the outdated junk that no one wants...the outdated junk that he gave up his health for. MAYBE that will give him at least a grain of wisdom.

Originally posted by logola:
Yes, it is tough to save money in China...all the more reason that this is so stupid. He got enough money to change his life and his entire future...and he spent it on a couple of iDevices that will both be outdated within a year, and practically worthless within three years.

113.6.2011 01:30

Originally posted by ivymike:
Not a chance, those Foxconn guys make $165 per month, and that was with a 30 percent raise in the last year.

123.6.2011 07:44

Plus, it is hard to earn anything when you are so dumb that you can't even write your own name on the job application.

133.6.2011 09:04

The broker got that kidney for a friggin steal!!!
I bet you whoever ended up with it paid about $100,000 at least.

143.6.2011 13:54

Originally posted by CJ007:
Better yet, he now has an endless supply of kidneys now if his goes out, then he has donated ones at his disposal. - BLUEBOY

Chance prepares the favored mind. Look up once in a while and you might learn something. - BLUEBOY

153.6.2011 14:47

Originally posted by leemoo:
The broker got that kidney for a friggin steal!!!
I bet you whoever ended up with it paid about $100,000 at least.
LOL so true... Well, at least the kid didn't donate both kidneys :) It's sad, but that's the way it is when you want something that's way way beyond your reach.

Think about it, this is no different from prostitution... There are people welling to give blow jobs for a piece of bread. It's a sad world, really.

I believe there's an analysis of how much the iPad would cost if it's manufactured in the US. It probably cost an arm or leg (lol at the kidney joke by Killbug) for some of us.

Peace!

163.6.2011 15:55

LOL The price to pay for watching "Too much TV"

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 03 Jun 2011 @ 3:59

Live Free or Die.
The rule above all the rules is: Survive !
Capitalism: Funnel most of the $$$ to the already rich.

174.6.2011 04:45

Originally posted by Gnawnivek:
Originally posted by leemoo:
The broker got that kidney for a friggin steal!!!
I bet you whoever ended up with it paid about $100,000 at least.

There is a difference between being forced into prostitution in order to feed yourself and selling body parts to buy trendy electronics that you don't need. Also, it is UNFORTUNATE that he didn't sell both kidneys...now there is a chance that he will breed, and his son will sell his heart for a PlayStation 9.

184.6.2011 10:16

people are greedy they will do anything for money.the broker is a con man.my m8 got offered $10000 cash for his eyes and still said no.

custom built gaming pc from early 2010,ps2 with 15 games all original,ps3 500gbs with 5 games all original,yamaha amp and 5.1channel surround sound speakers,46inch sony lcd smart tv.

194.6.2011 16:46

Originally posted by KillerBug:
Originally posted by Gnawnivek:
Originally posted by leemoo:
The broker got that kidney for a friggin steal!!!
I bet you whoever ended up with it paid about $100,000 at least.

Can't argue with that... Forced to do something vs. choose to be stupid (I'm sure he's not born stupid). Jokes aside, I do feel bad for kids trying to blend into the pop culture.

Peace!

204.6.2011 17:58

♫ I believe the children are our are future...♫

babysatan will rip your soul...

Latest news

Guide: How to Kick Unwanted Guests from Your Netflix Account Guide: How to Kick Unwanted Guests from Your Netflix Account (26 Jan 2023 2:14)
Sharing a Netflix account with a person in a different location is possible and indeed very common, although the company doesn't necessarily enjoy this behavior from their customers. However, ....
1 user comment
Guide: Turn an Old Computer Into a Chromebook Easily and for Free Guide: Turn an Old Computer Into a Chromebook Easily and for Free (07 Jan 2023 2:11)
Do you know someone whose computer is way beyond its best-before date, and they, unfortunately, do know have the skills or the expertise to do much about it? Or do you own a pile of old laptop ....
How to Choose a Robot Vacuum? How to Choose a Robot Vacuum? (07 Jan 2023 9:12)
Robot vacuums are meant to make day-to-day life easier in several ways. When they are used efficiently, they can keep the house clean continuously - at least when it comes to floors. In addition, ....
Tech year 2022 wrapped up: The rise of the AI, EU to become the much-needed counterweight to tech giants, ... Tech year 2022 wrapped up: The rise of the AI, EU to become the much-needed counterweight to tech giants, ... (01 Jan 2023 2:11)
AfterDawn's wrap-up for the tech year 2022. The rise of the artificial intelligence was probably the most significant change that occurred during the year 2022, but there were many other interesting developments, too.
OPPO to follow Samsung, OnePlus: Promises 4 Android updates, 5 years of patches for upcoming flagships OPPO to follow Samsung, OnePlus: Promises 4 Android updates, 5 years of patches for upcoming flagships (21 Dec 2022 3:45)
OPPO has updated its official Android update policy. Phone manufacturer now promises four major Android operating system updates for its new flagship phones.