Tag Heuer launches carbon fiber Android phone with huge price tag

Written by Andre Yoskowitz @ 13 Mar 2012 12:14 User comments (9)

Tag Heuer launches carbon fiber Android phone with huge price tag Popular Swiss watchmaker Tag Heuer has announced the launch of their $3600 "The Racer" Android smartphone.
The phone's design is inspired by Formula 1 and GT racing, and has "unparalleled torsional strength."

Racer handsets will be built with carbon fiber and titanium elements and have a shockproof rubber chassis.

Tag did not provide any specs on the device but does say it will run on the "latest Android software," implying Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.

The device will hit luxury stores in July.

More info here: Racer Heuer collection

113.3.2012 12:37

When your penis just can't be small enough.

The economy is still in the shitter & people still design the crap like it's going to fly off the shelf.

Hey! I've got a phone coming out too! I got my inspiration from the neighboring pig farms... It's not exactly sleek, but it does all the exact same functions. Your friends will recognize it immediately. It gets the same reception & you don't have to worry about tearing it up. Why? Because it's a peace of shit.

No, I'm not jealous because I can't have one. I wouldn't have this thing. Most people would be turned off if I showed up flashing the thing around. If it's made to military specs, then the military should have it. Those boys need them. But it's still a waste at that price.

213.3.2012 13:01

All I can say is WOW.......lmao

313.3.2012 15:54

now days the phones are getting thinner and less bulkier, this, is not evolution.

Being nice always has its own consequences

413.3.2012 19:10

I replace my phone an average of 1 to 2 times a year.
Trowing away 3.6K every +6 months or live with an outdated phone forever is not my cup of tea.

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 14 Mar 2012 @ 1:09

Live Free or Die.
The rule above all the rules is: Survive !
Capitalism: Funnel most of the $$$ to the already rich.

513.3.2012 20:16

Originally posted by Hyasuma:
was thinking the exact same

614.3.2012 01:03

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 14 Mar 2012 @ 1:06

Live Free or Die.
The rule above all the rules is: Survive !
Capitalism: Funnel most of the $$$ to the already rich.

715.3.2012 14:39

Frankly, I don't even like their watches. Why the @#$% would I want to pay $4k for one of their phones? And, HELLO, rich people don't have mobile phones -- their assistants do, so they can't even claim that it's only for the elite wealthy. This is quite possibly the dumbest overpriced gadget I've heard of since...since...since...well, since Tag Heuer started putting out dumb overpriced watches.

815.3.2012 15:29

I guess just about everything's been said.

916.3.2012 09:41

Why don't they show it being run over by a car or something?

@LordRuss, HAHAHAHA! Gave me a nice laugh.

Latest news

Guide: How to Kick Unwanted Guests from Your Netflix Account Guide: How to Kick Unwanted Guests from Your Netflix Account (26 Jan 2023 2:14)
Sharing a Netflix account with a person in a different location is possible and indeed very common, although the company doesn't necessarily enjoy this behavior from their customers. However, ....
Guide: Turn an Old Computer Into a Chromebook Easily and for Free Guide: Turn an Old Computer Into a Chromebook Easily and for Free (07 Jan 2023 2:11)
Do you know someone whose computer is way beyond its best-before date, and they, unfortunately, do know have the skills or the expertise to do much about it? Or do you own a pile of old laptop ....
How to Choose a Robot Vacuum? How to Choose a Robot Vacuum? (07 Jan 2023 9:12)
Robot vacuums are meant to make day-to-day life easier in several ways. When they are used efficiently, they can keep the house clean continuously - at least when it comes to floors. In addition, ....
Tech year 2022 wrapped up: The rise of the AI, EU to become the much-needed counterweight to tech giants, ... Tech year 2022 wrapped up: The rise of the AI, EU to become the much-needed counterweight to tech giants, ... (01 Jan 2023 2:11)
AfterDawn's wrap-up for the tech year 2022. The rise of the artificial intelligence was probably the most significant change that occurred during the year 2022, but there were many other interesting developments, too.
OPPO to follow Samsung, OnePlus: Promises 4 Android updates, 5 years of patches for upcoming flagships OPPO to follow Samsung, OnePlus: Promises 4 Android updates, 5 years of patches for upcoming flagships (21 Dec 2022 3:45)
OPPO has updated its official Android update policy. Phone manufacturer now promises four major Android operating system updates for its new flagship phones.