Vista / Win2k / Win7 / WinXP
PeerBlock essentially picks up where PeerGuardian 2 left off. It looks almost exactly the same and still blocks more-or-less the same targets as PeerGuardian 2 (anti-P2P, Government, Spyware, Law Enforcement etc.), but PeerBlock has fixed many of the stability and other bugs that plagued PeerGuardian 2.
PeerBlock sits in the background and monitors the connections your computer attempts to establish with others on the Internet. If a remote IP address has been blocked in any of the loaded lists, PeerBlock will prevent the connection from being established.
- Block anti-P2P organizations that collect data for media companies or law enforcement use.
- Block fake P2P networks (fake eMule servers, for example).
- Block known peddlers of Spyware, Malware and Spam.
- Block advertisers
- Block Government or Law Enforcement sources.
- Block Educational Institutions
Please note however that PeerBlock does not guarantee to block ALL threats and the very fact that the IP blocklists are publicly available suggests that it would not be hard for an organization or others to get around PeerBlock. Nevertheless, most of its users still swear by it.
peerblock anti-p2p government law enforcement spyware malware
1License and operating system information is based on latest version of the software.
(No user ratings yet)