RIAA protects itself against hackers - sort of

Written by Jari Ketola @ 26 Jul 2003 13:36 User comments (11)

RIAA protects itself against hackers - sort of Obviously embarrassed by the numerous successfull hacking attacks made against their website, RIAA has recently upgraded their Web servers to stop it from happening again.
According to Netcraft RIAA first upgraded to Windows Server 2003 and IIS 6.0 in June, then quickly masked the operating system to "unknown", and finally, earlier this week, changed their Web server to "TST-SECURE-OS", which The Register suspects is just a modified IIS 6.0.

It'll be interesting to see how long RIAA manages to keep hackers away this time. It has, after all, been a school holiday season.

Source:
The Register

126.7.2003 16:28

"It'll be interesting to see how long RIAA manages to keep hackers away this time" -about 5 minutes...i'm on to them already !

226.7.2003 20:23

ooooohhhweeeee Man I can't wait for the Riaa to go down. I'd love for them to go bankrupt. A new rein of music industry head will probly charge less, and revolutionize to music industry soon. Thats what we need. A music company that promises this.

Shega
(adrenaline Is the closest Total freedom)

327.7.2003 1:51

Ah they can try all they like to protect themselves but i guarantee somebody will deface it again soon!

427.7.2003 1:55

*ahem* *ahem* that somebody could be *ahem* me... watch out RIAA, I'm coming to get YA!

Everyone is entitled to their own true opinion. Either respect that or don't.

527.7.2003 1:59

lol, ok man, remember what i said about all talk and no action lol, prove it to me!! lol! im just kiddin man ;-)

627.7.2003 2:07

Problem is, I need to get my hands on a Linux program. And I can't download it because I have dial up. My modem would fry, and my mum would fry me!

Everyone is entitled to their own true opinion. Either respect that or don't.

727.7.2003 3:07

support local / independent / diy music!!!

rob zero
global zero records

827.7.2003 9:15
Amakuza_8

Oh yea, i like to play David against Goliath.

927.7.2003 17:05

What do you mean, "My modem would fry" Toiletman?

1028.7.2003 2:30

What I had intended to say was that given the duration of 120 hours of continous downloading, my modem would overheat and probably become defected.

Everyone is entitled to their own true opinion. Either respect that or don't.

1128.7.2003 20:42
LIVE4DVD

When are the RIAA going to learn that they what they are doing is alienating everybody. If somebody comes up with an easy to use interface, inexpensive songs, gives the buyer full control of the music they buy, people might try it. Hackers and consumers will tear them up if they don't embrace the technology, instead of trying to continually fight it.