Avery Lee has released a new version of the popular non-linear video editing software VirtualDub. The most important changes are fixes some instability issues with VideoCDs and Windows 9x operating systems.
Here's the list of changes:
- Added: Removed "accept partial streams" from MPEG-1 options and made it enabled by default; added warning.
- Added: Filters are now notified whether a render is for preview or output purposes.
- Fixed: Fixed a stall condition at end of render when advanced audio pipeline is active.
- Fixed: Fixed "frame not found" errors when processing truncated MPEG-1 streams.
- Fixed: BMP reader can now handle BITMAPCOREHEADER type headers (fixes incompatibility with ZSNES screenshots).
- Fixed: Filters were receiving garbage frame timings in capture mode.
- Regressions fixed: Fixed instability in application when parsing VideoCD streams.
- Regressions fixed: Fixed crash on exit on Windows 9x systems.
- Regressions fixed: Fixed visual errors in input pane when decoding Microsoft Video 1 to a 565 16-bit display.