AfterDawn: Tech news

Panasonic launches in-car Blu-ray player

Written by Andre Yoskowitz (Google+) @ 20 Aug 2009 23:25 User comments (14)

Panasonic launches in-car Blu-ray player Panasonic has introduced the first in-car Blu-ray player today in Japan, dubbed the CY-BB1000D, which includes a 1280x720 resolution 7-inch screen that will playback Blu-ray films in 720p.
The player supports Bonus View features but not BD-Live as there is no active way to connect to the Internet.

The CY-BB1000D will hit Japan next month and will sell for about $1060 USD. There was no word on a NA or EU release.

Previous Next  

14 user comments

121.8.2009 3:23

This would be great if it was affordable, and it didn't have a screen...I'd buy this and a bluray burner for the ability to put 50GB of mp3s on one disk...that's my whole collection at maximum quality, times two or three.

221.8.2009 6:08

^ Thats actually not that bad of a price if you've looked into in dash systems. I wounder if it has nav and touchscreen as well.

321.8.2009 12:14

Are you really going to notice the HD picture on a 7 inch screen???

421.8.2009 13:48
pphoenix
Inactive

Originally posted by klassic:
Are you really going to notice the HD picture on a 7 inch screen???
lmaf, idiots will still purchase it, and it will be marketed as having next gen visuals!

521.8.2009 21:34

i like it when people, total there vehicles and this stuff is in them.

you don't get it back.

622.8.2009 0:01

bluray on a 7 inch screen? totally pointless... whats wrong with dvd for this? ugh, why would you even consider buying such a useless item....

722.8.2009 3:54

$1000 Bucks you might as well just get a laptop with BD Rom in and duct tape it to the dash.

You will even get wifi then :-p

822.8.2009 21:34

Originally posted by plazma247:
$1000 Bucks you might as well just get a laptop with BD Rom in and duct tape it to the dash.

You will even get wifi then :-p
And a bigger screen :)

But still, I think this is pretty cool... Really would have to see it though...

928.8.2009 11:58

I like the duck tape idea, lol

1028.8.2009 18:26

Duct tape it to the dash, darn it, I wish I'd thought of that. Now I have to take out the nails.

1128.8.2009 18:44

Originally posted by DADEO1:
Duct tape it to the dash, darn it, I wish I'd thought of that. Now I have to take out the nails.
what kind of nails did you use i have a hard time nailing anything to the steel bulkhead of mine.

1228.8.2009 23:04

Is it even practical? I mean, you will still be watching it on a small screen. If my upconverted DVD's look nice on my 32" HDTV, I don't think you will appreciate the difference on a small screen.

1328.8.2009 23:08

Originally posted by hermes_vb:
Is it even practical? I mean, you will still be watching it on a small screen. If my upconverted DVD's look nice on my 32" HDTV, I don't think you will appreciate the difference on a small screen.
Error cannot compute specified values. please insert more core logic.

1431.8.2009 21:43

What a waste of money. Like others said, hidef on a tiny screen?

Comments have been disabled for this article.

News archive