Mark Zuckerberg losing $16 million an hour after failed IPO

Written by Andre Yoskowitz (Google+) @ 30 May 2012 19:07 User comments (19)

Mark Zuckerberg losing $16 million an hour after failed IPO It took just under 2 weeks for Mark Zuckerberg to fall well off the 40 richest billionaires list.
The company's shares fell to $28.18 today, down from the $38 IPO price from May 18th, easily the biggest failure for an IPO of this nature in the last decade.

Zuckerbeg, for his part, has been losing about $16 million per hour of his fortune, which now stands at $14.4 billion. Of course, Zuckerberg still remains extremely, extremely rich, and has zero complaints, but his fortune has declined in the last week by a figure that is equal to the annual GDP of more than 20 countries on earth.

Facebook, as a company, started with a value of $104 billion but has since been torpedoed to its current $61 billion valuation which many believe is a lot more reasonable for the social networking giant.

Related news

130.5.2012 20:03

"lol"

Carpe Noctem

230.5.2012 20:33

Can you spell b-u-b-b-l-e...

330.5.2012 22:30

Big risk Big loss

430.5.2012 22:51

I'm sure it will bounce back, but for now this is fucking hilarious

Carpe Noctem

531.5.2012 0:50

Originally posted by flyingpen:
I'm sure it will bounce back, but for now this is fucking hilarious
If I call you a name for making such a ridiculous and meritless statement then I'll get banned so I won't. Not gonna "bounce back" most likely.

FB shouldn't be worth much at all considering ad revenue generated is superficial because it makes FB money but no one I know EVER EVER EVER clicks ads and I'd bet that the companies that do advertise on FB probably don't see much business. However.........they continue to pay high prices to list on Facebook's clusterfuc*ed, unflowing and time-wasting website.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 31 May 2012 @ 0:50

631.5.2012 2:54

I don't know why he didn't sell facebook long ago. Why hold onto it and risk it losing more value? What, you have to keep it so you can be known as the owner of facebook? Why don't you sell that shit and be a guy with 20 billion dollars. You can invest in anything you want. Why hold onto facebook? Stupid, if you ask me.

731.5.2012 4:23

After this Wall-Street butchering. Are you want to help M. Fuckerberg Free-fall? Just delete your Fakebook Acc. lol :)

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 31 May 2012 @ 4:39

Live Free or Die.
The rule above all the rules is: Survive !
Capitalism: Funnel most of the $$$ to the already rich.

831.5.2012 9:53

Uhh...16million?Ohh my god..

931.5.2012 10:34

:D

Now I know schadenfreude is not aways a bad thing. Time to rewrite the bible.

1031.5.2012 10:49

I would have cashed out on day 1

1131.5.2012 14:11

Originally posted by Mrguss:
Ha! I did a year or so ago but somehow they brought it back. Guess that's one way to keep your numbers up but I haven't been on there since I closed it. Fakebook is a joke and as embarrasing as saying you had an AOL account back in the day...

Just my $0.02,

dEwMe

1231.5.2012 14:25

He still has enough bills to wipe his a$$ with currently. Not trying to be offensive, just stating.

1331.5.2012 17:31

Soon this thief will be broke !

1431.5.2012 18:50

so is he still going to try to buy browser and make fb phone?

1531.5.2012 20:04

Hopefully, he'll leave Opera alone and concentrate on propping up his faceburp website. We don't need another MySpace Tom.

1631.5.2012 21:32

Originally posted by ivymike:
Using RockMelt, it uses FB so no point using Opera... I started using RockMelt because Firefox keep freezing up and using way too much ram since FF 19th build came out even though they claim that FF uses less ram... right now my pc never warn me that it uses too much ram withe ff it warns me every time and it's faster. I found about it from afterdawn, so the banner :)
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 31 May 2012 @ 21:33

171.6.2012 7:32

I don't feel bad for him at all...he still has more money from this than he deserves. Also don't feel bad for investors that lost money...it was obvious this would happen, I am just amazed the stock price is still so high.

181.6.2012 22:24

Gee.... Doesn't that really make him a 1%er that people should hate?? Come'on you double standard people... even hating needs to have equality ;-)

192.6.2012 3:38

technically he hasnt lost a cent the value of his product has gone down.no different to when you buy a car and find out a year or so later its not worth as much as you paid for it anymore.

@xaznboitx sounds like a ram issue with your computer not with ff.im using win 7 (64bit) with 4gbs ram and ff runs fine on mine.anyway this is going offtopic post in general forums if you want advice on ram.

custom built gaming pc from early 2010,ps2 with 15 games all original,ps3 500gbs with 5 games all original,yamaha amp and 5.1channel surround sound speakers,46inch sony lcd smart tv.