Here is the 5-minute long GTA V official gameplay video

Written by Andre Yoskowitz (Google+) @ 09 Jul 2013 11:41 User comments (24)

Here is the 5-minute long GTA V official gameplay video Rockstar Games has released a 5-minute long gameplay video for their upcoming blockbuster, GTA V.
This is the first video to show off actual gameplay, as past teaser trailers have have mainly displayed cut scenes.

GTA V will feature three protagonists, each of which are already established in the world, unlike in past games where you really have to start from the bottom. The game allows you to control all the characters at any time you want and others move to "autopilot" until you switch back.

In the demo, you can see a few new features like the ability to go skydiving and play tennis, or even meditate if you choose to.

In this author's opinion, the game looks incredible.

Check it out:

110.7.2013 0:49

Never really got into the GTA games, but this one looks amazingly fun. Might have to give it a go.

210.7.2013 1:34

Looks good. I can't wait! I hate to be that guy, but I really hope it comes to the PC eventually.

310.7.2013 2:58

wow ... finally we may be able to forgive them for gta IV

410.7.2013 18:49

Originally posted by pensfan12:
Nope, you're not "that guy". There's a bunch of us who want the same.

With IV being a success on the PC, it would be a surprise if RS didn't have a PC release.

510.7.2013 20:55

Originally posted by pensfan12:
I'm looking forward to the PC release too...not just for the massive improvement in graphics you get going from a PS3 to a basic gaming PC, but also because I hate aiming with joysticks and the controls of joystick games are always crippled so aiming is slow even if you use a mouse adapter and turn up the speed to max. I'm still a little sore at Rockstar for failing to release Red Dead on PC.

611.7.2013 6:12

If I use a mouse for aiming it always feels like cheating to me for some reason.

Its a lot easier being righteous than right.

DSE VZ300-
Zilog Z80 CPU, 32KB RAM (16K+16K cartridge), video processor 6847, 2KB video RAM, 16 colours (text mode), 5.25" FDD

711.7.2013 10:15

i'm just hoping for the day when every building is accessible and hundreds of thousands of npcs.

811.7.2013 15:12

3:31,"oh oh"! gay alert

I wish to see Niko again.

911.7.2013 23:00

I can't friggin wait!!! Unfortunately, I have to :( I refuse to buy consoles. So, I'll be waiting for the PC release. No... I'm not gonna pirate it! Grand Theft Auto is a PERFECT example of a game, that deserves return for the effort ;) And clearly a LOT of effort went into this.

To delete, or not to delete. THAT is the question!

1012.7.2013 22:44

I cant wait for this. This and battlefield 4 will take all my time.

1113.7.2013 1:35

Originally posted by Jemborg:
LoL...it isn't cheating when the people you are playing against have mice too.

1213.7.2013 1:38

Originally posted by KillerBug:
Originally posted by Jemborg:
LoL...it isn't cheating when the people you are playing against have mice too.
Ha ha, I use my xbox controller on my PC. Best $50 I've ever spent on a controller :) A lot of games recognize it immediately. I don't own an xbox. Probably never will. I prefer PC gaming.

Though I must admit. Left 4 Dead is much more comfortable with mice/keyboard ;)
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 13 Jul 2013 @ 1:38

To delete, or not to delete. THAT is the question!

1313.7.2013 20:20

Originally posted by KillerBug:
Originally posted by Jemborg:
LoL...it isn't cheating when the people you are playing against have mice too.
You're absolutely right. I meant not challenging enough and not "real" enough feeling.... something along those lines.

But yes, if I was in your position I would use a mouse too I suppose... in single player mode I have no trouble using a controller on PC... even on the hardest setting in games without controller support. Dumb perseverance I suppose.

Originally posted by omegaman7:
Yup, and at this point I usually plug Xpadder for all the games and programs that don't have controller support... it's absolutely brilliant.

Its a lot easier being righteous than right.

DSE VZ300-

1414.7.2013 6:05

Originally posted by omegaman7:
Originally posted by KillerBug:
Originally posted by Jemborg:
LoL...it isn't cheating when the people you are playing against have mice too.

Though I must admit. Left 4 Dead is much more comfortable with mice/keyboard ;)
sorry omegaman i had to laugh.you own an xbox controller but no xbox.i actually use a program called motioninjoy for ps3 controller to use as xbox 360 controller (on pc) and i do own a ps3.also i have heard of xbox 360 controller going for as little as $10 on ebay.

@jemborg first person shooters feel like cheating using a mouse to aim its a lot easier than using a controller.

i just hope if the gta comes to pc it wont have the same issues as the last 1.

@voyager people in real life are gay some of them I dont see why its an issue in a videogame.some straight criminals even turn gay while in prison.

custom built gaming pc from early 2010,ps2 with 15 games all original,ps3 500gbs with 5 games all original,yamaha amp and 5.1channel surround sound speakers,46inch sony lcd smart tv.

1514.7.2013 12:00

I've had the controller for quite some time. I don't recall seeing it much cheaper then I got it at the time :p I used "xinputemu3" an xbox controller emulator once upon a time.

What issues did GTA IV have? I recall when it was new, having install problems, regarding securom, and .NET framework. Other than that, it was pretty smooth sailing after that. Mmmm, I also recall Games for windows live having sign in problems. Not a GTA problem though :S

To delete, or not to delete. THAT is the question!

1615.7.2013 9:37

Originally posted by omegaman7:

GTA IV ran very badly on my computer.ran badly on a lot of peoples computers.

1715.7.2013 10:23

What, it didn't improve with updates?

Its a lot easier being righteous than right.

DSE VZ300-

1815.7.2013 10:24

Originally posted by xboxdvl2:
Originally posted by omegaman7:

GTA IV ran very badly on my computer.ran badly on a lot of peoples computers.
At launch.

That issue was addressed, though.

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 15 Jul 2013 @ 10:25

1915.7.2013 10:53

Well, here's hoping for a day one smooth install, and smooth(ish) game play :D

To delete, or not to delete. THAT is the question!

2015.7.2013 11:02

Originally posted by omegaman7:
Well, here's hoping for a day one smooth install, and smooth(ish) game play :D
Look... up in the sky. Is it a bird? Is it a plane? It's... it's... a pig?

Its a lot easier being righteous than right.

DSE VZ300-

2115.7.2013 11:07

Heh heh, I can be hopeful can't I? :p I'll be waiting a lot longer than a few months anyhow :(

To delete, or not to delete. THAT is the question!

2216.7.2013 0:02

Originally posted by bhetrick:
Originally posted by xboxdvl2:
Originally posted by omegaman7:

GTA IV ran very badly on my computer.ran badly on a lot of peoples computers.
At launch.

That issue was addressed, though.

At launch the PS3 version hardly worked at all on my system...and even today there are some problems (sniper rifle is still useless). I waited a couple weeks to get the PC version and by then it was already working good...and I could enjoy sitting on top of sky scrapers with my rifle.

As for the added challenge of using a gamepad for aiming, you can have it. Difficulty created by the controls kills the immersion for me.

BTW...if someone from Rockstar happens upon this...PLEASE REMOVE THE QUICKTIME EVENTS THAT I KNOW YOU ALREADY PUT IN BECAUSE EVERYONE DOES THAT STUPID CRAP AND IT HAS NEVER MADE A GAME BETTER.

2316.7.2013 0:46

Originally posted by KillerBug:
"Immersion" that's it! It's absolutely the opposite for me, a mouse just feels completely unnatural. I just don't use guns irl like that... there's no sense of heft to the weapon with mouse aiming.

Its a lot easier being righteous than right.

DSE VZ300-

2416.7.2013 12:47

Originally posted by Jemborg:
Originally posted by KillerBug:

I use a mousepad on a 15 degree angle, and I use a logitech g mouse with the weights at maximum weight. Obviously it is nothing like holding my 1911...but moving my whole hand in the direction I want to point is a lot closer than holding one thumb in that direction for a period of time. That said, I have no desire to use a 2 direction treadmill for movement...so there comes a time when comfort is more important than immersion.