Japanese consumers buy 300,000 PlayStation 4 consoles in 2 days

Written by Andre Yoskowitz (Google+) @ 26 Feb 2014 19:18 User comments (6)

Japanese consumers buy 300,000 PlayStation 4 consoles in 2 days Japanese video game industry publication Famitsu is reporting that the PlayStation 4 is already a hit in the nation.
The company has sold 322,083 units in the first 48 hours of availability, adding to the company's 5.3 million sold in North America and around the globe to date.

Sony now expects to sell 12 million units by the end of 2014, making it a huge success. The company is handily beating the more expensive Xbox One, as well. In Japan, it is expected to be no contest, as Microsoft has historically had a very tough time competing there in Sony's home country.

For Japanese consumers, the PS4 is offered in its standard package for for 41,900 (~$405 USD) and a bundle with a PlayStation Camera and a free download of Knack for 46,100 (~$450 USD).

More news

Related news

128.2.2014 14:28

Microsoft,wassap with you?; You know that in years B4, PS3 was more xpensive than XB360 and that was your advantage and was one of the reason why you sold more XB360 for that time.

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 28 Feb 2014 @ 14:29

228.2.2014 15:26

The PS 4 controller, as well as its predecessors is not as ergonomically suited to my hands as the XBox controllers.

Its heft is wrong.
The buttons are too close together.

If Sony had made an ergonomically pleasing controller suited to bigger hands, I would surely have purchased a PS 4.

I would willingly have paid more for a better controller.

The current one makes game play more difficult than it needs to be.

Lemerdique

328.2.2014 17:33

Here's a very simple solution to all of that ~ CronusMax

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 28 Feb 2014 @ 17:40

428.2.2014 20:53

Originally posted by igor2know:

Its heft is wrong.
The buttons are too close together.

I would willingly have paid more for a better controller.

The current one makes game play more difficult than it needs to be.
I have a similar, but different issue with the xbox controller: I cannot get used to the d pad where the other knob should be. PS controller is a little on the smaller side, but at lease I can use it easier than the xbox one. MS one does not feel right to me. I guess I need to learn.....

528.2.2014 21:26

Originally posted by igor2know:

Its heft is wrong.
The buttons are too close together.

I would willingly have paid more for a better controller.

The current one makes game play more difficult than it needs to be.
that baffles me that you think that the controller is much bigger dare I say the best controller I have ever used.

61.3.2014 8:27

Originally posted by igor2know:

Its heft is wrong.
The buttons are too close together.

I would willingly have paid more for a better controller.

The current one makes game play more difficult than it needs to be.

What's wrong with your hands that they don't work as well as most others'? ;-)

Many equally hate the standard Xbox controllers, finding them awkward to use or just not feeling right.

Latest user comments