Germany rules that taking pictures of food infringes the chef's copyrights

Written by Andre Yoskowitz (Google+) @ 23 Aug 2015 21:38 User comments (12)

Germany rules that taking pictures of food infringes the chef's copyrights According to a new report, Germany has apparently ruled that taking photos of food can infringe on the chef's copyrights.
Sharing images of the food can be illegal, and if you are taking photos at a famous restaurant, you must ask the master chef for permission before you upload it to Instagram.

In 2013, a German court widened copyright law to include applied arts, meaning almost everything can be copywritten if you build it. The report even notes that any restaurant owner can put up a notice in their restaurant that photos cannot be taken without permission and it is acceptable.

Of course, such measures could lead to less innovation in the world of food, but for now it seems that the law is little known, even in Germany.

Source:
TechDirt

Tags: Copyright

123.8.2015 22:30

Germany....we need to have a talk

223.8.2015 23:54

Originally posted by PraisesToAllah:
Germany....we need to have a talk
What is 50 Lawyers at the bottom of the ocean?

qazwiz is qazwiz everywhere. If you see me say HI!

324.8.2015 10:24

A good start?

What a load of horseshit eh?.

Its a lot easier being righteous than right.

DSE VZ300-
Zilog Z80 CPU, 32KB RAM (16K+16K cartridge), video processor 6847, 2KB video RAM, 16 colours (text mode), 5.25" FDD

424.8.2015 11:12

I should move to Germany and sue anyone who takes photos of my tattoos. I'd have enough to retire on after a year or two.

When laws allow unlimited ownership of ideas, it is to a society as iron fusion is to the core of a star.

When verified realities lead us to anger, we must learn to reevaluate our beliefs.

524.8.2015 14:39

The last time I was in Berlin, we stopped and had dinner one evening. I puked that night about 2AM in the morning from food poisoning! Next time I'll be sure to take a photo of my vomit and share it with the good folks in Germany.

"Do not underestimate the power of an enemy, no matter how great or small, to rise against you another day." - Atilla

624.8.2015 17:56

This kind of crap is exactly what happens when "IP" (Intellectual Property) laws get out of hand =p .

724.8.2015 20:24

Originally posted by Semperfipal:
That's some funny shit right there, I don't care who you are!

825.8.2015 0:12

What crap!

I bought it therefore it's MINE. And if the place allows take out then F YOU!..........I'll snap pics at home.

The irony here too is that German food.......well it just plain sucks! (some exceptions)

925.8.2015 0:30

I'd tell them to suck my weiner schnitzel.

108.9.2015 13:16

Originally posted by Jemborg:
A good start?

What a load of horseshit eh?.
yep!

the thing here is a photo would prove a meal was a piece of shit or was not as advertised but such proof is illegal?

this just proves that photography of copyright material should be legal while the illegal part would be if it were to be sold

qazwiz is qazwiz everywhere. If you see me say HI!

119.9.2015 10:19

Originally posted by qazwiz:
Originally posted by Jemborg:
A good start?

What a load of horseshit eh?.
yep!

Was in a swish cafe the other day and out of curiosity asked if they would mind if I photoged the dish.... "yes please do!" was their answer.

Its a lot easier being righteous than right.

DSE VZ300-

129.9.2015 15:51

right, what establishment is going to say:

"Oh, no that's a piece of shit we scraped off our shoe, we don't want you to show it to anybody.... not even your self actually.... please wear this blindfold while you continue your meal."

qazwiz is qazwiz everywhere. If you see me say HI!