AfterDawn: Tech news

SoftBank considering selling their stake in gaming giant Supercell

Written by Andre Yoskowitz (Google+) @ 15 May 2016 16:46 User comments (1)

SoftBank considering selling their stake in gaming giant Supercell According to sources, Japanese carrier SoftBank is looking to sell their stake in Finnish gaming giant Supercell after seeing significant interest in the company.
It appears the potential buyers are based in China, but it is unknown who may be interested.

Supercell, known for massive hits like Clash of Clans, Boom Beach and Clash Royale, is 73 percent owned by SoftBank. SoftBank is alleged to have paid near $3 billion for the stake, and the full company is expected to net a $5 billion valuation in an outright sale. The other 27 percent of the company is still owned by management and employees.

SoftBank has struggled to use Supercell's popularity to break into the notoriously hard Japanese market and Supercell has even called the country "the toughest market in the world."

For the time being, any discussions are preliminary and the sources say SoftBank may choose to not move the company.

Source:
BBG

Previous Next  

1 user comment

127.5.2016 3:27

the innokin can play games in somedays.

Comments have been disabled for this article.

Latest news

Intel announces: First commercial 5G modem in development Intel announces: First commercial 5G modem in development (20 Nov 2017 16:46)
The world's second largest semiconductor manufacturer, Intel, has announced a major project in mobile chips. The company has introduced a future portfolio for commercial 5G modems. According ....
1 user comment
CCleaner becomes adware, here's how to avoid Avast ads CCleaner becomes adware, here's how to avoid Avast ads (20 Nov 2017 13:00)
One of the more popular Windows cleanup tools, CCleaner, has added Avast ads on to their software. After being acquired by Avast, CCleaner wants you to install the virus protection suite along ....
2 user comments
Tesla's power pack charges your phone like a Supercharger Tesla's power pack charges your phone like a Supercharger (18 Nov 2017 13:25)
Tesla announced yesterday two incredible products that are due in two or three years. However, you might not have the money, nor the interest, to buy either Tesla Semi or Roadster, but there ....
Apple's newest product misses the entire holiday season, hits the stores in early 2018 Apple's newest product misses the entire holiday season, hits the stores in early 2018 (18 Nov 2017 12:20)
Apple has decided to push back one of the products originally revealed nearly 6 months ago in WWDC. The smart speaker, dubbed HomePod, has been delayed further and won't be seen in stores this ....
1 user comment
Tesla unveils two new vehicles, electric semi and super-fast new Roadster Tesla unveils two new vehicles, electric semi and super-fast new Roadster (17 Nov 2017 10:53)
Tesla has today announced two new vehicle prototypes that will bring the total number of Tesla cars, and now trucks, to six. As expected Tesla unveiled their "beastly" semi-truck the first time ....
1 user comment

News archive