Last week's charts -- now including top forum users!

Written by Petteri Pyyny (Google+) @ 25 Aug 2002 14:21 User comments (5)

Ok, we figured out that our regular forum users would like to see how well they "perform" in our forums compared to other users. So, we added a new weekly chart that lists most active forum posters during that week.
Anyway, to summarize the regular stuff, Nero's new version boosted its popularity all the way to number 5 spot. Otherwise the software charts look pretty normal, SmartRipper and Streambox ruling the charts, followed by bunch of other video tools.

MP3 charts were surprising as we now have a brand new number 1, Justin Clayton's Industry Overhaul which pushed DJ Quesito and rest of the guys down in the charts. Another new entry is from Past your bedtime at number 5, followed by yet another new entry from JCIO at #7.

In our brand new forum chart, this week's winner is Vinster, followed by nice mix of new faces and old-time forum freaks (jnihil, A_Klingon, etc :-). I'd really love to hear from you guys, if this chart is a good or a really bad idea to have :-) Anyway, the charts are here...

Hot programs

1. SmartRipper v2.41
2. Streambox VCR v1.0 beta 3.1
3. TMPGEnc v2.57.41.146
4. DVD2AVI v1.77.3
5. Nero burning ROM v5.5.9.6
6. DVD Decrypter v3.1.2.0
7. cladDVD XP v1.3
8. ForceASPI 1.7
9. VCD Galaxy DVDRip ComboPack v2.7
10. VirtualDub v1.4.10

Hot MP3s

1. Justin Clayton's Industry Overhaul : "Can I Call You My Home"
2. Dj Quesito/Gettopoet : "BIN LADEN vs BUSH CLUB EDIT"
3. ADreNaLiNe-DJ : "You are a God Creation"
4. Loud Sound Disorder : "Eminem Diss"
5. Past Your Bedtime : "2 4 2"
6. HOLOCHAUST : "Valley of Misery"
7. Justin Clayton's Industry Overhaul : "Comfort Zone"
8. Bryan Edman : "Always On My Mind"
9. DJ NoBeat : "My Destiny (orginal dancemix)"
10. Blind Lesbians of Uganda : "Masturbating Is A Crime (Wankers Will Be Punished)"

Top forum users

1. Vinster
2. falconGT
3. BlakBeard
4. jnihil
5. Deznaj
6. A_Klingon
7. Sazaziel
8. jmarkoa
9. pbxpress
10. steveng01

127.8.2002 6:17

Sure! Everyone loves to see his/her name in print. In an effort to nudge themselves up the list, though, maybe some folk(s) would just pen a bunch of semi-frivolous posts in order to be deemed 'most active' or what-have-you. Doesn't matter though -- we've got a pretty diligent group of family members here, wouldn't you say? We (the regular) users tend to keep an eye on each other and know what's going on. Besides, you're always 'watching' us anyway, for such things as cross-posting, posting emails, etc. (Cool! But where do you find the time?) I notice a fair amount of 'leeway' on your part too (tolerance) in the forum rules. (At least with me, sometimes). I'm just rambling here, because you asked for an opinion, and I just finished installing my brand-new 80-gig H/D and wanted to see if I've configured everything properly. Seems I have. :-) -- Klingy --

227.8.2002 12:12

Yes. It's interesting statistic. I'll be going on the road for 2-3 months starting this weekend, so you may not see post for a while... But I'll try and find a connection somewhere! Keep up the excellent work, dRD.

31.9.2002 15:35

Thanks guys, glad to hear you liked the idea. Obviously I know the possible downsides of the chart -- useless posts in order to get the name to the charts, etc. But at the level of traffic what we currently have in our forums, I think that only the guys who are really into replying to questions and posting their comments have a chance in the long run anyway. And as usual, I thank you guys -- including you two ;-) -- for making our site the "community" it is nowadays.

Petteri Pyyny (pyyny@twitter)
Webmaster

42.9.2002 2:15

(Aw, blush.....) But I'm much more handsome than jnihil, and way smarter too, just ask anyone. I wouldn't normally be this honest and modest, but I figure, since jnihil's on the road right now and can't see this post, I'll be safe for a while anyway. :) [running.............] -- Mike, the handsome [and modest] Klingon --

51.10.2002 3:38

Nice to see that helping people can put you on top (well...5th place anyway) of a chart. Really good idea!

Greetz Deznaj