Kazaa Plus service launched

Written by Jari Ketola @ 28 Aug 2003 13:32 User comments (14)

Kazaa Plus service launched Avalon Online Distribution has launched Kazaa Plus, a paid, premium version of the popular peer-to-peer sharing software. The software, just like the original Kazaa, is developed by Sharman Networks.
Priced at $29.95, Kazaa Plus will offer the users advertisement free service with better searching capabilities, and more download sources. Using a Search Agent the user can obtain up to 9000 search results for a single search, and download from up to 40 sources simultaneously (up from 8 in the advertisement paid -version). Kazaa Plus customers will also receive technical support via email from Avalon Online Distribution.

Kazaa Plus is available at www.kazaaplus.com

128.8.2003 19:26

LOL There has been Kazaa-Lite ++ that offers ad-free plus out for ages... If anyone pays $29.95 then well done for having too much money & no common sense !: )

229.8.2003 7:17

Indeed. I am trying to get more information out of the company, but as of yet have recieved no response.

Digital Media and Music News

329.8.2003 8:14

Kazaa Lite K++ (ad free , spyware free etc) http://www.kl-kpp.net/

429.8.2003 9:46

Looks to me like its another service that attempts to charge you for services you find free elsewhere. I've seen several of these while performing searches for P2P services.

529.8.2003 10:48

What is worse is that they are attempting to capitalize on an illegal act. *sigh*

Digital Media and Music News

629.8.2003 13:00

It's not illegal if you pay though , aslong as artists are paid royalties.

730.8.2003 5:48
willbstyl

Man LOL smells to me like another "RIP OFF" to me just like those peeps that just got "RIP OFF" buying "KAZAA PLATNIUM" and "KAZAA GOLD" boy oboy what a "RIP OFF" LOL no way i"m falling into thatmouse trap LOL

willbstylez

830.8.2003 5:48
willbstyl

willbstylez

930.8.2003 5:50
willbstyl

O and another thing if it is real so what u still downloading as the free version so what about the ads most important Kazaa Plus doesnt even say if it is faster downloading

willbstylez

1030.8.2003 6:17

It does say it's faster cos it can hook upto 80 users...way more than the usual amount I still wouldn't pay subscription ; ) I have a 1Mb modem & have no problem in being able to use my whole bandwidth on Kazaa-Lite K++

1130.8.2003 6:18

Sorry ... 40 users

1230.8.2003 10:02

Herbsman, you said "It's not illegal if you pay though , aslong as artists are paid royalties." And you are very correct. I doubt this is the case though. In fact, I'd buy you a pound if that was the case.

Digital Media and Music News

1330.8.2003 11:24
willbstyl

still smells fishy to me it's a scam it's all a scam isn't kazaa suppose to be free? theres kazaa light kazaa mania kazaa k +++light kazaa diet man nows theres kazaa plus and all of them u have to pay andthe so so phatoms kazaa platnium and kazaa gold i'll rather stick to the free kazaa

willbstylez

1410.9.2003 19:50

if you want the kazaa plus get from kazaa