The fox does the sheep

Written by Lasse Penttinen @ 27 Jul 2004 11:33 User comments (12)

The fox does the sheep SlySoft gave an interesting announcement today, that they will add CloneDVD to their software variety. The Antiguan company is previously know for producing the very popular AnyDVD and CloneCD software. According to their announcement, their co-operation with Elaborate Bytes strengthens further, as CloneDVD is added to their repertoire.
SlySoft Acquires Licence on CloneDVD

The software producer SlySoft is proud to announce that it acquired the licence of CloneDVD 2 which is restricted to distribution via the Internet only. The version sold by SlySoft, is totally identical to the original by Elby and will
complete the range of product by SlySoft. The consumer will benefit from the favorable package prices offered.

About CloneDVD:

CloneDVD 2 copies movies in unparalleled picture quality. If it's only the main movie or a complete DVD - CloneDVD compresses even long footage in brilliant quality and at high speed: A special transcoding technology compresses your choice of DVD titles according to your audio and language selection automatically to a freely adjustable target size. Our unique Film Strip assistant will guide you step by step through all settings. With the help of the Video Preview you select the desired DVD titles and decide if you want to trim individual chapters. Quality bars show the direct influence of the title and language selection on the quality of the movie copy. Even beginners always keep track.

About SlySoft, Inc.:

SlySoft was founded in 2002 by Giancarlo Bettini and is based on the carribean island Antigua. Our mission at SlySoft Inc. is to produce a line of high quality, user-friendly software tools and drivers for multimedia applications and hardware. We strive to ensure our products are state-of-the art, updating our product line to support the newest innovations in the multimedia industry, as well as those in the computer industry.
Source: SlySoft

127.7.2004 11:48

Interesting.... CloneDVD 2 is a good one-click operation but, NOTHING in the forseeable future will beat DVD-RB/CCE when it comes to picture quailty Just follow Vurbal's guide to make DVD-RB/CCE a one click operation the guide is located here: http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/dvd_rebuilder_tutorial.cfm

228.7.2004 20:44

Dvd shrink is the best software nothing comes closest to being better than it.

328.7.2004 20:51

Apparently you haven't tried RB/CCE :) I too was a die-hard Shrink fan, until i did LOTR: ROTK, its output quality is better with RB/CCE when compared to every one-click transcoder.

429.7.2004 0:48

It takes less time to watch LOTR than it does to read the guide. I'm not getting any younger you know..!

Athlon XP2500+Barton OCd to XP3200+ running at 2.2Ghz
Cooled by Thermaltake Extreme Volcano 12
Asus A7N8X-E DeLuxe
2Gig PC3200 400DDR Dual Channel Ram
160Gb Seagate Barracuda

529.7.2004 2:32

Well is it harder to use than DVD Shrink, DVD Shrink is really easy.......

629.7.2004 9:22

True, but, if you have the time you should setup DVD-RB/CCE do what you want....

"The only people who should buy Monster cable are people who light cigars with Benjamins." - Gizmodo

730.7.2004 1:39

The process for that program is to much. why bother? dvd shrink is fine for me

830.7.2004 10:33

Clone DVD2 used with Any DVD rocks but I would have to agree with neewbie shrink is good and has served me well on many occassions. but remember Clone can't handle copy protection on its own you must run AnyDvd with it.

931.7.2004 2:18

Dvd Shrink is a really good program.I will useDVD-RB/CCE when i need a big disc backup. When the prices of dual layer discs come down, we wont need to shrink our movies.........

101.8.2004 16:31
llongtheD

have any of you guys tried the dvd decrypter/pinnacle instant copy 8 combo to rip, and recompress, burn your dvd's. I have tried most of the others, shrink, recode, DVD2One,CloneDVD, and feel its the best combo. I haven't tried dvd-rb/cce though, I'll check that out.

111.8.2004 19:11

Being new to ripping what I have found to work well for me is to rip the movie with a ripping program I got at Wal-Mart for $19.65 + tax called "123 Copy DVD". It successfully rips without fail. It can go: 1) DVD to hard drive 2) DVD to DVD 3) Hard drive to DVD I've only used it so far to rip to hard drive and then use CloneDVD to burn the ripped movie to DVD WITHOUT FAIL!!! I also by the way have the latest AnyDVD running. Go to www.123copydvd.com

122.8.2004 0:26

Whats the point of paying for those products? DVD Shrink is free!!! Clone dvd, Pinnacle all cost money. id rather keep my money thankyou.....