A new "experimental test version" of VirtualDub has been released. The new version, v1.6.1, adds a support for AMD's AMD64 processor, but the 64-bit version is released as a separate download from the usual 32-bit distribution package. Anyway, the popular open source video editor once again has a rather impressive and long changelog since the previous "experimental" version, v1.6.0. The changelog is here:
- [features added]
- Rewrote command line parsing so that arguments to /s, /p, and /b no longer require the parameters to be adjacent to the switch.
- New /i (invoke) command line flag runs a script and passes additional parameters to it, which are available as VirtualDub.params[n].
- Unescaped, native-coded strings can now be embedded in a script using U"..." syntax. In particular, this allows filenames to be inserted directly from a batch file.
- The Abort button on the dub status dialog now confirms by default for non-preview operations; this can be disabled in Preferences.
- [bugs fixed]
- "AVIFile compatibility mode" no longer needs to be manually checked in extended AVI options when opening Avisynth scripts.
- JPEG output mode now properly checks that the output format is set to 16-bit, 24-bit, or 32-bit RGB.
- Fixed incompatibilities with some custom UI shells that subclass application windows.
- DV audio settings are now derived from the first frame rather than the header, which is sometimes incorrect.
- Fixed crash when attempting to append or check info on a DV type-1 AVI file.
- Removed prototype "triangular resize" filter.
- Jump To Frame dialog now takes source rate adjustments into account.
- Fixed some errant cases of "invalid handle" errors when files could not be found.
- Fixed decoding errors when rendering from an image sequence and the timeline format was customized to have frame byte size information.
- Image sequences didn't load properly if the numeric part of the filename was too large (>2^31).
- (AMD64 only) Fixed incorrect RGB888-to-XRGB1555 conversion.
- (AMD64 only) Fixed crash when loading scripts with filters that had more than one configuration parameter.
- [regressions fixed]
- Fix for timeline sometimes getting trashed after starting the frame server.
- Fix for erroneous first frame if first frame is displayed when starting Direct-mode render.
- Fix for bad parameters being sent down to video codec if codec's native decompression format is paletted or no compatible RGB format is supported.
- Preference settings common to 1.5.10 or earlier weren't saving properly in the Registry.
- Wave sources weren't taking effect immediately.
- Fixed crash on filter crop set script commands.
- Added the selection start/end markers to the new timeline control (sheesh).
- Fixed volume setting warping when saving job entries.
Download the latest version from here: