AfterDawn: Tech news

Orange France releases sales figures on iPhone

Written by Andre Yoskowitz (Google+) @ 02 Apr 2008 18:04

Orange France releases sales figures on iPhone Orange France,, the service provider for the Apple iPhone in France has released the sales figures for the device in the country marking the first time an individual country's iPhones sold stats have been released by anyone but Apple.
According to Pocketlint, an "Orange France spokesperson has said they have sold 90,000 iPhones in total since the device went on sale in late November last year."

Of the 90,000 units sold, 86 percent were sold with an iPhone-specific price plans and the remaining 14 percent were not which is odd because it is a legal requirement in France.

Last month, the UK iPhone operator O2 claimed the device was the "company's fastest selling device it has ever had in the UK," but did not go into any sales figure.

At the beginning of the year Apple announced that they had sold 4 million units worldwide.



Get regular news updates from AfterDawn.com by subscribing to our RSS feeds using the Subscribe button below. If you have been living in a cave for a few years now and don't know how to use RSS feeds, then Click Here to read a Guide on how to use RSS (and other) feeds.


Previous Next  
Comments have been disabled for this article.

Latest news

Intel announces: First commercial 5G modem in development Intel announces: First commercial 5G modem in development (20 Nov 2017 16:46)
The world's second largest semiconductor manufacturer, Intel, has announced a major project in mobile chips. The company has introduced a future portfolio for commercial 5G modems. According ....
1 user comment
CCleaner becomes adware, here's how to avoid Avast ads CCleaner becomes adware, here's how to avoid Avast ads (20 Nov 2017 13:00)
One of the more popular Windows cleanup tools, CCleaner, has added Avast ads on to their software. After being acquired by Avast, CCleaner wants you to install the virus protection suite along ....
3 user comments
Tesla's power pack charges your phone like a Supercharger Tesla's power pack charges your phone like a Supercharger (18 Nov 2017 13:25)
Tesla announced yesterday two incredible products that are due in two or three years. However, you might not have the money, nor the interest, to buy either Tesla Semi or Roadster, but there ....
Apple's newest product misses the entire holiday season, hits the stores in early 2018 Apple's newest product misses the entire holiday season, hits the stores in early 2018 (18 Nov 2017 12:20)
Apple has decided to push back one of the products originally revealed nearly 6 months ago in WWDC. The smart speaker, dubbed HomePod, has been delayed further and won't be seen in stores this ....
1 user comment
Tesla unveils two new vehicles, electric semi and super-fast new Roadster Tesla unveils two new vehicles, electric semi and super-fast new Roadster (17 Nov 2017 10:53)
Tesla has today announced two new vehicle prototypes that will bring the total number of Tesla cars, and now trucks, to six. As expected Tesla unveiled their "beastly" semi-truck the first time ....
1 user comment

News archive