Using leaked NXE will disconnect you from Live until November 19th

Written by Andre Yoskowitz (Google+) @ 02 Nov 2008 23:05 User comments (8)

Using leaked NXE will disconnect you from Live until November 19th Last month we reported that the New Xbox Experience dashboard update was headed to Xbox 360 gamers on November 19th.
However, like most media content, the NXE has been leaked online and has seen thousands of downloads already. If you download it though hoping to be the first person on your block to do so, you are in for an unwanted surprise though. Any user trying to log into Xbox Live while running the leaked NXE will be blocked from XBL until November 19th.

Although unconfirmed, you also run the risk of being blocked from XBL permanently, in the same boat as users using flashed firmwares and copied games.

If you are really that excited for NXE, I think it pays to wait the almost three weeks for it.

13.11.2008 8:03

Not sure this is true.

It was stated in the email sent out to the preview people.

In participation with this program, you should not move your storage device (hard drive, or memory unit if you do not have a hard drive) to any other console as it will also update that console. If an unregistered console is updated with the NXE update, that console will not be able to connect to Xbox LIVE until the NXE has been officially released on November 19th.

There's nothing about being banned, it's just not possible to connect to Xbox Live until the 19th.

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 03 Nov 2008 @ 8:06

http://my.afterdawn.com/mik3h/blog_entry.cfm/1394 - Guides written by me.
http://www.adbuddies.org/ - Join us Live on IRC!

(Kudos to Ripper For The Beautiful Sig!)

23.11.2008 10:10

@ Mik3h ~ That is correct. Not banned, just loss of connection to LIVE! until November 19th. I myself have the NXE files and have been contemplating installation as I refuse to pay for LIVE! anyway and haven't used my 360 in at least 6 months so the issue of connection wouldn't bother/change anything.

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 03 Nov 2008 @ 10:11

33.11.2008 10:23

Fair enough, Mike and Oner, I've edited the article. Although, not being able to get on XBL is pretty much the same as being banned :)

43.11.2008 10:27

Originally posted by DVDBack23:
True, I have to agree. LIVE! is an excellent service and to lose about 2 weeks of paid for play would suck.

53.11.2008 15:28

That's true, one of the main reasons i still my Xbox is because of Live. Still, good article, it serves as a head's-up to anyone considering the premature upgrade. I was considering it, but decided against it. Those who are curious about ripping games to the HDD and playing them may be disappointed, it still requires the disc in the console at all times. It does however speed up loading times and reduces "console noise" as Microsoft put it :P

http://my.afterdawn.com/mik3h/blog_entry.cfm/1394 - Guides written by me.
http://www.adbuddies.org/ - Join us Live on IRC!

(Kudos to Ripper For The Beautiful Sig!)

63.11.2008 23:30

im curious about one thing tho. i wonder if the hackers out there are gonna run some kinda homebrew version of NOcd cracks for the games now that microsoft lets u copy the game to your drive.

74.11.2008 2:53

I was thinking that myself, the only way I could imagine being able to run games from the HDD would be through some kind of patched copy of the game patching specific sectors on the disc, though if that were possible, we wouldn't need flashed or modded drives, so I suppose we'll have just have to keep our fingers crossed.

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 04 Nov 2008 @ 3:07

http://my.afterdawn.com/mik3h/blog_entry.cfm/1394 - Guides written by me.
http://www.adbuddies.org/ - Join us Live on IRC!

(Kudos to Ripper For The Beautiful Sig!)

810.11.2008 22:14

Although it would be possible to do the NOcd crack, I think microsoft has that in mind, but i'm going to cross my fingers too in hope of a badass hacker to set the stage of the first NOcd crack for Xbox 360!! yay