PS3 will integrate Facebook soon

Written by Andre Yoskowitz (Google+) @ 12 Nov 2009 12:21 User comments (21)

PS3 will integrate Facebook soon Scrawl is reporting today that Sony has accidentally leaked a few screenshots for the upcoming PlayStation 3 firmware update, in which you can change your gamercard colors, have direct Facebook integration, and view your pictures in a newly updated way.
The pics have been taken down from the Sony UK site, but JoyStiq still has the thumbnails up (view below).

We will keep you updated.

112.11.2009 12:33

To say that I am absolutely trepidating about receiving this information would be more than a slight exageration. My B Waves are flat here...

212.11.2009 12:35

I do like the little yellow guy with the tiny head balloon.

312.11.2009 13:10

Originally posted by siber:
I do like the little yellow guy with the tiny head balloon.
loco roco.....don't ask how I know that :P

412.11.2009 13:29
manrod

Can't wait till Facebook becomes just another fad and what then? QWe're left with a useless application :D

512.11.2009 14:58

Games, (Free) PSN, Movies, PSN Store, Media Server and Home are what matters to me, in that order. The rest of the stuff is just “me too” stuff that I don’t care about. Oh well, others may like it.

612.11.2009 15:13

Originally posted by manrod:
Can't wait till Facebook becomes just another fad
What do you mean, becomes another fad :)

Main PC ~ Intel C2Q Q6600 (G0 Stepping)/Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3/2GB Crucial Ballistix PC2-8500/Zalman CNPS9700/Antec 900/Corsair HX 620W
Network ~ DD-WRT ~ 2node WDS-WPA2/AES ~ Buffalo WHR-G54S. 3node WPA2/AES ~ WRT54GS v6 (inc. WEP BSSID), WRT54G v2, WRT54G2 v1. *** Forum Rules ***

712.11.2009 16:28

Originally posted by manrod:
Yeah we all know that this is true, but I have a hard time imagining what would be the thing to replace it. Facebook was like myspace, but better. How the hell do you make facebook better? Everyone was nuts over twitter once everyone on tv started talking about it, but all twitter was was just like the status updates in facebook.

812.11.2009 16:43

So called social networking is here to stay. Facebook is the present leader. It's the place where participants sell their images of themselves to the rest of the world. This type of conduit for one of our basic needs: "the need to bragg" will flourish until a better one is discovered.

912.11.2009 17:18

This was to be expected, didnt surprised me at all.
Even more personal info for the company's.
I really do hate facebook, only good thing about it, is that if you are a fun of e.x. armin, schulz etc you get all the news/releases/events in one page.

1012.11.2009 17:32

Originally posted by siber:
So called social networking is here to stay.
Exactly. Facebook's billion $ valuation means it will be around for some time.

1112.11.2009 23:34

So long as I can update my Mafia Wars....I don't give a rats azz...

1213.11.2009 2:00

Originally posted by siber:
So called social networking is here to stay.
Exactly. Facebook's billion $ valuation means it will be around for some time.

Isn't twitter valued at $1 Billion, and thats a fad.

1313.11.2009 3:09

True. Perceived Stock Market Value is only one of the criteria to predict longevity of a trend. America On Line was also valued by our Stock Market friends and has turned into a fleeting fad. Facebook and Twitter may not last but "Social Networking" will most certainly. It helps to satisfy our personal need for attention.

I'm not sure I'd interrupt watching a movie or stop playing a game on my PS3 to quickly check my Facebook page (if/when I get one). It would drive friends watching or playing with me nuts. Just give me my laptop.

1413.11.2009 3:27

hasn't PS3 got a web browser?

1513.11.2009 3:57

Yes it does but, it will be you know different to be "FB ready" ..fgs
i really dont want fb to my ps3, i dont event want that bloody icon to my PS3.

1613.11.2009 4:00

sounds good. I love FB

Nothing is impossible.

1713.11.2009 23:46

Heres an idea Sony how about you let people add there own avatars images before adding something useless like facebook support

1814.11.2009 7:15

Originally posted by bam431:

1922.11.2009 3:52

i have speculated that me joining facebook will bring about the destruction of the entire internet. i like the internet but not facebook, so i'm hesitant to do so. the insane part is that everyone and their mama is on facebook. i met a housewife who is on there constantly. i honestly can't imagine why she needs to be on facebook all day long. my wife is on there at least 10 min a day playing farmville. every now and again, i try to beat her score at bejeweled blitz. but outside of blitz, i have no interaction with facebook. i'm just not ready to destroy the internet.

2022.11.2009 9:55

Originally posted by SuperXL:
Glad to see i'm not alone in having no desire to waste time on 'social networking' sites. It's all just marketing for the gullible, to keep the gullible occupied doing/reading nothing of value, ie mindless drivel :)
I've said it before in some thread or other, but my analogy of 'social networking' sites are like the people in Demolition Man who think that the adverts are important, in between films and radio shows, not the actual films or radio shows themselves, ie fluff over content.

/quickly crawls back under rock, before any social networking advocates call me old fashioned or try to villify me for having a brain and knowing how to use it :)
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 22 Nov 2009 @ 9:57

2122.11.2009 10:02
scum101

I like the adverts.. best things on tv IMHO *grins*

"I ain't 'fraid of no goats" !!!