Update: 'Shrek 4' tickets in NYC will not cost $20

Written by Andre Yoskowitz (Google+) @ 22 May 2010 21:47 User comments (9)

Update: 'Shrek 4' tickets in NYC will not cost $20 Yesterday, we reported that four popular movie theaters in New York City had announced the ticket prices for the upcoming Shrek Forever After and for the first time ever, the IMAX 3D prices had reached the $20 threshold.
The theaters reported were the AMC Kips Bay, AMC Loews 34th street, AMC Loews Lincoln Square, and the AMC Empire 42nd street.

AMC now says the prices were incorrect, however, and the any online buyers who purchased for $20 can "visit guest services for a refund."

Reads the company's statement: "Unfortunately, a limited number of theaters posted incorrect pricing for ‘Shrek Forever After,’ which we immediately corrected. Any guest who purchased a ticket at the incorrect price can visit guest services for a refund."

I can confirm the price retraction, as checking the Lincoln Square theater, I was told the price was $19 for the showing.

While we may have not hit the $20 price point yet, at $19 now and rising, it is only a matter of time.

123.5.2010 3:53

wow $1 diff big whoop

223.5.2010 13:48

Originally posted by crunk15:
wow $1 diff big whoop
No different than what people pay here to see an IMAX 3D movie: $18. $1 difference. Whoop-te-do!!! Won't see the movie if it's in 3D only anyways.

323.5.2010 17:20
barricade

When I saw Iron Man 2 in Imax it was 19 bucks.... I live in southern california

423.5.2010 22:27

bullshit.

523.5.2010 23:29

I can't believe people actually pay that much. You can buy the DVD for that much or less when it comes out.

624.5.2010 12:46

Yeah, I concur. 1) No real difference, $19 is close enough to count as 20. 2) If it's only in 3d, I will not see it, period. 3) I don't want to see it anyways, only the first was halfway ok. 4) I'll buy/rent the movie for less (we're talking at LEAST $40, 'cos it's pointless to go alone.

I hope the movie is a serious flop. I hate this "3d" crap, for a myriad of reasons, not the least of which is then move focus is on effects "floying towards the viewer" than on story or acting. And I'm sick of hollywood pushing their crap on us and suing when their business models don't work

725.5.2010 4:41

3d has a serios future...3d allows a director to take a bad story with bad actors, and make it seem almost good. Given the fact that hollywood refuses to make good movies, this is all they have (other than the stars who don't have as much skill as the average hollywood coffee shop employee)

825.5.2010 9:12

Originally posted by KillerBug:
Touche! I stand corrected.

926.5.2010 9:14

wow last 3d movie i went to in imax in canada was like $9 go on the cheap nights like the rest of us poor people.

no way i would pay $20 a movie no wonder sales are so high for these new movies they just raised the ticket prices by $15 last time i went before seeing the 3d movie tickets costed like $3.50.