Teens in Colombia killed after death threats posted on Facebook

Written by Andre Yoskowitz (Google+) @ 24 Aug 2010 17:37 User comments (10)

Teens in Colombia killed after death threats posted on Facebook ColombiaReports, an English-language news site in the South American nation has posted today that three Colombian teens have been murdered after a death threat against them and other teens was posted on social networking giant Facebook.
The three victims, aged 15,16 and 17, were killed just outside of Puerto Asis, in southern Colombia.

In total, 69 teens were named in the death threat, which "kindly" asked all to leave Puerto Asis within 72 hours or get killed.

Volmar Perez, Colombia's ombudsman, said that the murders "coincide with ... the publication of a (Facebook) list with the names and aliases of 69 teenagers where (it) is said that they have three days to leave Puerto Asis and if not, be killed."

Perez condemned the threats and the violent deaths.

Added the news report: "It is unclear whether the murders are carried out by leftist guerrilla group FARC or drug cartel 'Los Rastrojos,' both highly active in the southern department."

124.8.2010 17:58

What if something was wrong with my internet connection for a couple days and I didn't get to see my facebook? :S

224.8.2010 22:17

wow, let's just start posting the "most wanted" ppl on facebook from now on. Let them get the job done so we have a safer world.

324.8.2010 22:23

Well that must be bad new's for you. hahahaa

425.8.2010 3:31

I get about 20 death threats a week with my Facebook Troll... Glad I don't live in Colombia.

525.8.2010 4:32

Originally posted by bam431:
I can think of a few other reasons to be glad not to live in Columbia...

So...does everyone still think that Facebook's privacy holes are harmless?

625.8.2010 7:31

if someone really wants to get you they can look you up in the phone book.all websites has security holes to a certain extent.maybe more so on facebook because people put the city there in there phone number and even their address sometimes and dont use the privacy setting properly.

custom built gaming pc from early 2010,ps2 with 15 games all original,ps3 500gbs with 5 games all original,yamaha amp and 5.1channel surround sound speakers,46inch sony lcd smart tv.

725.8.2010 21:01

Originally posted by KillerBug:
Originally posted by bam431:
I can think of a few other reasons to be glad not to live in Columbia...

So...does everyone still think that Facebook's privacy holes are harmless?
Yeah, I don't like coffee or Cocaine either.

www.inebriare.com
Xbox Live: Rogue Jello - PSN: bam431 - IGN: bam431
Youtube: electrowaffle - Twitter: bam431
i5 760, P7P55D-E, Vapor-X HD5770, 8GB DDR3, 1TB HDD,

826.8.2010 1:24

They ship both of those around the world; no need to go there unless you are involved in the shipping of these drugs.

931.8.2010 16:27

Originally posted by bam431:
LOL bam431

But wtf? This has probably nothing to do with "security holes" and more to do with drug gangbangers using the site to advertise their intentions.

1031.8.2010 17:33

why put personal data in facebook and set to private? anyone on facebook you want to know your address or phone number you can always email personally or call them up.

facebook is to keep in touch, share your experiences in life, play flash games, and keep you awake all night. not share your address, bank accounts, work and personal phone numbers, which room you sleep, where your gf lives, or anyone you know lives for that matter.