Google offered up to $4 billion for Twitter

Written by Andre Yoskowitz (Google+) @ 18 Nov 2010 22:55 User comments (8)

Google offered up to $4 billion for Twitter According to multiple sources, Google offered up to $4 billion for microblogging sensation Twitter earlier this year, but the offer was turned down.
Originally, Google offered $2.5 billion, which Twitter execs called "insulting."

As recently as 3 months ago, Google upped the bid to $4 billion, which was turned down, as well.

Each of the sources suggested that Microsoft bid on the service, also, although the software giant's offers are unknown.

The sources also suggested, however, that if Twitter was to really put itself up for sale, both companies would bid aggressively against each other.

118.11.2010 23:34

How is twitter possibly worth more than 4billion?

219.11.2010 0:24

Originally posted by Amak:
How is twitter possibly worth more than 4billion?
How is Twitter worth anything more than a few million? It's a popular site but it doesn't even produce any income as far as I can see.

"The only people who should buy Monster cable are people who light cigars with Benjamins." - Gizmodo

319.11.2010 0:54
stanley87
Unverified new user

I'm going to tweet about this story right away!

419.11.2010 1:37

I know a lot of people use it but I can not see why. If I owned it I would be thinking about selling.

519.11.2010 6:21

I think they should sell before twitter becomes irrelevant like My Space. My Space was huge and then WHAMMO!! no one gave a shit.

619.11.2010 7:41

It just goes to show how greedy people are. If someone offered me 4 billion for something I would sell in a hot second.

719.11.2010 8:22

Originally posted by dab0ne:
Damn, think i will just keep my 4 billion and use it for a hoose on the moon, with no social networking, lol.

819.11.2010 8:47
French stewart
Unverified new user

twitter is easily worth that valuation...they just need a stable revenue model now