9 minute demo of the Motrola Atrix smartphone and notebook

Written by Andre Yoskowitz (Google+) @ 09 Jan 2011 3:15 User comments (4)

9 minute demo of the Motrola Atrix smartphone and notebook DigitalTrends managed to get a really nice 9-minute video from a Motorola executive who was showing off the Motorola Atrix smartphone; which doubles as a full notebook computer.
The Atrix runs Android 2.2 on a powerful Nvidia Tegra 2 1GHz AP20H dual-core processor, alongside 1GB of RAM, 16GB of internal memory, a huge 1930 mAh battery, and a 4-inch multi-touch screen with Gorilla Glass.

Additionally, the smartphone has a 5MP standard camera and a VGA front-side camera and AT&T 4G LTE support.

Unique to the device is a biometric fingerprint reader, which can be used to literally block anyone who isn't you from turning on the device.

The notebook (Atrix dock) is incredibly thin and has a stated 10-hour battery life.

When connected, the notebook runs off the Atrix phone, allowing owners to use a Linux-based OS, or just run the phone's features in full-screen (15-inch) mode.

For anyone interested, the video is a bit long, but very comprehensive. The whole design is very innovative.

19.1.2011 17:28

If the PSPphone flops hardware wise, I am buying this

29.1.2011 17:58

This is going to be my next phone. I hope it comes to Canada, and to Telus. Rogers and Bell are horrible. Telus isn't that great either but they're a bit better. Some of the angles make it look a little thick, but it's actually about 1mm thinner than the HTC Desire, so considering what's inside this phone, that's pretty impressive. I might wait for MWC, just to give WP7 a second chance cause they really dissapointed with the hardware, although I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft doesn't show any WP7 phones that even comes close to this. If not, I can't wait to get my hands on the Atrix.

CRAP, I just read that it's coming to Bell. Hopefully it doesn't cost an arm and a leg to get it unlocked on a no term. At least it's not going to Rogers, I might consider signing up for 1 year for Bell just to get this phone.

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 09 Jan 2011 @ 18:08

39.1.2011 22:07

Something tells me that this is going to cost a lot of money no matter how you get it...

410.1.2011 11:10

Originally posted by KillerBug:
and for a change, i think it might be worth it too..unlike alot of phones in the market today.

mods go home