Furby is back, with LCD eyes

Written by Andre Yoskowitz (Google+) @ 06 Jul 2012 19:02 User comments (10)

Furby is back, with LCD eyes Furby, the creepy children's toy from the late 90s is back, this time with a bigger price tag and new tech.
The 2012 version has backlit LCD eyes with mechanical eyelids and touch sensors, a built-in microphone and more realistic fur and ears.

Hasbro, the toy maker behind the doll, added this: "You never know what Furby might do or say." The toy can now differentiate between the rhythm of different songs, the sound of your voice, and the sounds of another Furby.

Additionally, Furby "can understand high frequency audio codes to 'talk' with your iPad or another Furby," says the NYT.

Here is a review of the new toy:

Tags: furby toy LCD

16.7.2012 19:10

LCD eyes with touch sensors? Can't wait to see the hacked ones with robot legs.

27.7.2012 11:02

I WILL SHALLOW YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Copyright infringement is nothing more than civil disobedience to a bad set of laws. Lets renegotiate them.

---
Check out my crappy creations

37.7.2012 12:19

...Creepy. The original ones were bad enough.

47.7.2012 12:28

I would never buy my grandchildren one.I wouldn't want them possessed by the devil.

20 Year U.S.Army Veteran.Vietnam 1969-1972 101st Abn.Div.

57.7.2012 23:08

this is going to be a Epic fail, great toy for creepy ppl

Being nice always has its own consequences

68.7.2012 0:12

Originally posted by Hyasuma:
this is going to be a Epic fail, great toy for creepy ppl
*put 10 in his room with motion sensing set on high and have them say I WILL SHALLOW YOUR SOUL*

---
Check out my crappy creations

78.7.2012 10:26

good improvement i buy like 6 of total Furby toys in the late 90's
NOW...how much $$$$$?

88.7.2012 15:01

Originally posted by ZippyDSM:
Originally posted by Hyasuma:
this is going to be a Epic fail, great toy for creepy ppl
This thing looks like it would say "I WILL SWALLOW YOUR SOUL."

912.7.2012 0:20

i still have the original.

1012.7.2012 5:26

thinking one of them could be fun for an april fools day prank.

custom built gaming pc from early 2010,ps2 with 15 games all original,ps3 500gbs with 5 games all original,yamaha amp and 5.1channel surround sound speakers,46inch sony lcd smart tv.