Seller puts Xbox Durango dev kit up for sale on eBay

Written by Andre Yoskowitz (Google+) @ 12 Aug 2012 20:05 User comments (10)

Seller puts Xbox Durango dev kit up for sale on eBay A seller with the nickname 'SuperDae' has listed what he claims to be an Xbox Durango dev kit on eBay today, with bids sending the price through the roof.
Durango is the codename for the upcoming Xbox 8/720/Next, which is expected to be released before the holidays next year.

So far, with 40 bids, the tower is selling for $15,100.

There are no details of what is inside, with the seller only saying that it comes with a wired controller and the power supply.

Supposedly, SuperDae is actively watching the bidders, saying "I only expect people who know what it is to buy it. Otherwise you have no reason to bid."

Microsoft has not responded and the auction remains active.

If you are interested in bidding, check here:
Microsoft XBOX Durango Development Kit

112.8.2012 20:35

The auction just ended suddenly...

*\\\****//\\\***//\\\*****
**\\\**//**\\\*//**\\\*******
***\\\//****\\\ ****\\\****

212.8.2012 22:57

sold at just over $20k

312.8.2012 23:39

Must be nice to just toss 20k around like that. Even if I had the money to toss around like that I would not even take a chance on something like this. There is just way to many questions and risks involved. Who knows how he obtained it, let alone what MS could do if they do get involved.

413.8.2012 0:00

I would venture a guess knowing m1cr0soft's NDA for such things, if the dude actual sold it he would be hurting big time.

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 13 Aug 2012 @ 0:01

513.8.2012 1:30

When I went to check on it, ebay no longer had it listed.

Nevermind, Evidently the seller sold it for $20,000

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 13 Aug 2012 @ 1:32

613.8.2012 17:31

so much fail with that...

1) no indication on the photo of the machine that it IS an XBOX or Microsoft machine (usually their dev kits have some xbox logo on it... at least if my memory serves me right...)
2) the seller has 0 feedback and is selling a $20,000 item?
3) no questions asked about the item? like "can you put a screenshot of the controller?" or "does this come with the video cables?" or "can you show a screenshot or 2 of the system running to ensure it is actually working?"

looks like a scam to me... but I could be wrong...

713.8.2012 17:34

Originally posted by Gh0ce:
so much fail with that...

2) the seller has 0 feedback and is selling a $20,000 item?

looks like a scam to me... but I could be wrong...
Hahaha, ya good point! How you you spell Nigeria :)
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 13 Aug 2012 @ 17:35

815.8.2012 0:24

There's another one up now for $30,0000 and a few more pics. Looks fake.

Bilibong

915.8.2012 8:49

Originally posted by Bilibong:
There's another one up now for $30,0000 and a few more pics. Looks fake.

Rinse and repeat, I bet this is the same guy different ebay user name. I really find it hard that after the first one sold another one would instantly pop up like that, and again from a seller that is new with no feedback and with the same item description. Well if people are this dumb they have more money then brains.

1015.8.2012 9:15