Wii U selling for up to $1000 on secondary markets

Written by Andre Yoskowitz (Google+) @ 05 Oct 2012 22:21 User comments (8)

Wii U selling for up to $1000 on secondary markets Last month, Nintendo finally revealed the price of their upcoming Wii U console, with the base model selling for $299 and a Deluxe model selling for $349.
The console goes on sale in the U.S. on November 18th.

Pre-orders have sold out at all major retailers, and Nintendo has noted demand will likely exceed supply well into launch.

Wii U Deluxe set pre-orders are on sale via eBay, at a 60 percent mark-up, meaning prices above $550 for the console. The base model is selling for an average 15 percent premium.

Elsewhere, some sellers on Amazon have gone off their rockers and are offering the console for $1000.

15.10.2012 23:13

Some people will pay for it too. I pre-ordered mine but if I couldn't get one right away there is no way I would pay more for one.

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" ~ Roy Trenneman

26.10.2012 13:50

Same and i think 1000 dollars for a console are you stoned or just completely off your rocker indeed and your thinking people are going to give you 1000 dollars for a console with 8 gig's of storage not just the deluxe model but the base models going for this as well.

36.10.2012 16:11

That's what you get for laziness. People should have kept an eye on Amazon and pre-ordered their console. But then, I'm lecturing and counting my chickens before they hatch. Amazon better F******g deliver!!!!

46.10.2012 16:50

Originally posted by Frogfart:
Amazon did not participate in the pre-order FYI. I guess Amazon and Nintendo are fighting or something.

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" ~ Roy Trenneman

57.10.2012 14:47

Originally posted by bobiroc:
Originally posted by Frogfart:
Pre-ordered mine on Amazon.co.uk and it's due delivery on 3rd December. Ordered the Zombie Premium Pack Black version 329.00.

67.10.2012 14:58

Originally posted by Frogfart:
Originally posted by bobiroc:
Originally posted by Frogfart:
Hmmm then maybe it was just Amazon in the US. Saw several articles like this one: http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/9/1...lable-pre-order

All hinted that Amazon and Nintendo were in some sort of dispute.

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" ~ Roy Trenneman

77.10.2012 17:15

Remember the time when a Playstation 2 sold for about $10000 on EBay, and someone bought it only to find it was an empty box. The person who bought it went to sue the seller of the console only to find out in court he couldn't get shit because EBay wasn't responsible what's sold inside the box, and the judge threw out the case. Yep, I can see this happened all over again...

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 07 Oct 2012 @ 17:17

Chance prepares the favored mind. Look up once in a while and you might learn something. - BLUEBOY

88.10.2012 15:46

This is the Wii all over again. Wasn't Nintendo nearly taken to court for fabricating false shortages last time?