Samsung to announce first flexible display smartphone this week?

Written by Andre Yoskowitz (Google+) @ 07 Oct 2013 22:57 User comments (6)

Samsung to announce first flexible display smartphone this week? Multiple Korean sources are reporting that Samsung will be first to market with a flexible, curved display smartphone.
The tech giant could launch the phone as early as this week, with the tentative name "Galaxy Round."

By using a plastic panel, the display will be more durable and cheaper to produce. The device could also feature the thinnest bezel of any smartphone, due to its flexibility.

It is unclear how much the Round will cost, but it is expected to specs similar to the recently unveiled Galaxy Note 3.

LG today announced they would be building a 6-inch curved display for launch in November. The race is on.

18.10.2013 2:54

Why a curved smartphone? I don't get it. Smart watch, yes, but Phone what would be the point of that?

ZX Spectrum 128K

28.10.2013 4:28

1 thing that would be useful in a curved phone is the screen wouldnt break easily it would curv.

custom built gaming pc from early 2010,ps2 with 15 games all original,ps3 500gbs with 5 games all original,yamaha amp and 5.1channel surround sound speakers,46inch sony lcd smart tv.

38.10.2013 9:15

I wonder how bad it'd be damage if I put it in my rear jeans pocket. Just how much could it tolerate.

48.10.2013 13:25

Originally posted by Mysttic:
Beano. Problem solved.

58.10.2013 17:33

How about an unfolded screen !?

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 08 Oct 2013 @ 17:33

Live Free or Die.
The rule above all the rules is: Survive !
Capitalism: Funnel most of the $$$ to the already rich.

69.10.2013 14:27

Yeah this seems pointless.

Just my $0.02,