DC Comics confirms 10 new superhero films over the next 5 years

Written by Andre Yoskowitz (Google+) @ 17 Oct 2014 0:17 User comments (9)

DC Comics confirms 10 new superhero films over the next 5 years Not one to be outdone by rival Marvel, DC Comics has announced 10 new superhero films over the next 5 years, with the goal of creating an interconnected universe for their popular characters.
Marvel's Cinematic Universe has brought an almost overwhelming amount of films in the past half decade, with no end in sight.

Here is DC's lineup

2016: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (Batfleck, Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman and the Suicide Squad)
2017: Wonder Woman and Justice League Part One
2018: The Flash and Aquaman
2019: Shazam and Justice League Part Two
2020: Cyborg and Green Lantern

Warner Bros., parent of DC Comics, also announced the LEGO Batman movie for 2017, although that won't count towards the DC universe.

Although unconfirmed on the dates, there are also two new standalone Superman and Batman films. Should be some interesting times for comic and superhero fans.

Source:
Warner Bros.

119.10.2014 3:13

Aquaman...? Shazam...? Hahahahahah

It's gonna be lameass times for comic and superhero fans imho. LOL

Its a lot easier being righteous than right.

DSE VZ300-
Zilog Z80 CPU, 32KB RAM (16K+16K cartridge), video processor 6847, 2KB video RAM, 16 colours (text mode), 5.25" FDD

219.10.2014 12:39

AS long as DC dose not rush things and dose not make them hella lifeless,bland and boring like MOS it should be good.

Copyright infringement is nothing more than civil disobedience to a bad set of laws. Lets renegotiate them.

---
Check out my crappy creations

320.10.2014 1:54

Not watching any. I think DC is just getting desperate for new superheros that they're bringing up the less popular which are less popular for a reason.

420.10.2014 5:32

Originally posted by ZippyDSM:
Oh come on, look at how lame the Green Lantern flicks were.

I was a big DC fan when I was a kid... then I just grew up. Apart from Batman and Spidey all the other heroes are irrevocably dated. And don't bring Supes into it... he's the silliest of the lot.

Its a lot easier being righteous than right.

DSE VZ300-

520.10.2014 8:41

Originally posted by Jemborg:
Originally posted by ZippyDSM:
Oh come on, look at how lame the Green Lantern flicks were.

I enjoyed the Green Lantern tho much more than MOS which was so half assed.

---
Check out my crappy creations

620.10.2014 8:54

Originally posted by ZippyDSM:
I enjoyed the Green Lantern tho much more than MOS which was so half assed.
I liked the representation of a Calabi-Yau manifold in the first Green Lantern I suppose.

EDIT: I broke google trying to find the image from the movie so here's what I mean ... just colour green:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 20 Oct 2014 @ 9:11

Its a lot easier being righteous than right.

DSE VZ300-

720.10.2014 9:52

I enjoy all these movies, and look forward to taking my kids to see more of them. -Sure, this is getting close to comic overload, but if you just go to watch them to be entertained and not to expect deep thought-provoking dialog, then it's good popcorn-eating fun. Just my .02.

820.10.2014 9:55

Originally posted by Jemborg:
Originally posted by ZippyDSM:
I enjoyed the Green Lantern tho much more than MOS which was so half assed.

Problems with the Green Lantern to heavy on cheap CGI, to long/dragy, poor adaptation of the lore/charatcers(if you want to nit picky). But over all it htis its marks and makes it point.

MOS is a mess it should have been 2 films, I did not mind the lore changes that much, Clark/Louis relationship was rushed like all hell,his move into becoming a reporter was dumb. Would have also been nice if they built up superman in the films lore before I dunno destroying a city....

---
Check out my crappy creations

920.10.2014 15:50

Wow...Not interested in any of these.

Just my $0.02,