Vista / Win10 / Win7 / Win8 / WinXP
Windows does this naturally, but the developer feels this app can do it better. This is intended for users with relatively low physical RAM on their PCs, in which case Windows will use the pagefile.sys swapfile on the system hard drive (by default) more than it would for PCs with more RAM.
Essentially, what this application attempts to do is free up physical RAM so that newly opened applications have more physical RAM available, and so theoretically should run faster. PC-wide though, there may be a cost to this type of process.
Here's a look at the key features for this app:
- Faster running applications and games by smartly optimizing the usage of the physical RAM memory of your computer against the virtual memory from the page file of your Windows operating system.
- Wide set of options and settings for personal customization of RAM memory usage: including low memory threshold to start the freeing up process, setting for full-screen applications, CPU usage for which memory should be freed etc.
- Background running: once installed, started and configured, RAM Booster will run quietly without user interaction and will free-up RAM memory.
- Is useful also on server machines (idle or in use), with no user logged in, giving access to more RAM to server programs.
- Includes a memory benchmark test to get an evaluation on the stability of your computer and RAM memory.
- Provides statistics for a complete overview on your computer performance with RAM Booster active.
- Provides dynamic systray icon which displays computer realtime memory usage.
- Simple and intuitive interface.
chris-pc ram booster physical ram free up ram speed up windows
1License and operating system information is based on latest version of the software.
(No user ratings yet)