Version history for 8GadgetPack
Changes for v26.0 - v27.0
- Made gadgets compatible with the upcoming Windows 10 1809 update. Clipboarder can now optionally override the new built-in Clipboard manager Win+V shortcut. Updated all outdated gadgets. The sidebar now adjusts its color when it is changed in Windows Settings.
Changes for v21.0 - v22.0
- Updated a bunch of gadgets. Removed intrusive window that appeared after major Windows Update. Glassy Network Monitor now scales the graph according to the maximum visible value. 8GadgetPack no longer overwrites Win+G per default. If you want to keep using Win+G for gadgets, go to 8GadgetPack Tools and reenable it there. Or use Win+Shift+G.
Changes for v15.0 - v16.0
- The default-theme of the clock is now crystal clear in high-dpi configurations (up to 200%):
- Left is the old, right the new clock on 125% dpi.
- Added a workaround for an issue that occured on Windows 10 Insider that caused high cpu usage and prevented some gadgets to open. Added the Sticky Notes gadget by Microsoft that was included in Windows Vista as an alternative. Removed the Microsoft weather gadget from the package. It is extremly unreliable and there are plenty of alternatives included.
- Clipboarder now lets you search the internet for a copied text with a single click. Added a How-to on this page. Improved HUT Time Gadget. Updated some gadgets.
Changes for v11.0 - v12.0
- Added a workaround to make gadgets stay visible when pressing Win+D or when using the Show desktop button under Windows 8.1. Fixed a bug that prevented access to gadgets by touch. Due to high demand, it is now possible to install 8GadgetPack on Windows 7. Improved startup reliability. Improved multi-monitor support in 7 Sidebar. Updated outdated gadgets and added a new gadget (that I made myself): Glassy Network Monitor.
Changes for v10.0 - v11.0
- Fixed a bug that often caused a crash at startup. Updated outdated gadgets.
Changes for v8.0 - v9.0
- Startup is more reliable now hopefully. Added a few gadgets and updated the outdated ones. The sidebar is now not always on top by default and accessible by keyboard.
Changes for v7.0 - v8.0
- Fixed a bug that prevented to start all gadgets at startup. The crash on startup should happen way less often now. Also fixed a bug that prevented the installation of 3rd party gadgets when the temp directory was not on the systemdrive. Added a few gadgets and updated the outdated ones.
Changes for v6.0 - v7.0
- Added Windows 8.1 compatibility. All gadget settings will remain during the update to 8.1 if you install this version. The new Internet Explorer in 8.1 is really buggy in combination with gadgets. It was really a lot of work to workaround that, so I hope you appreciate this. If you have a high DPI setting the gadgets will look smaller on Windows 8.1.