Version history for AIM
Changes for v18.104.22.168 - v22.214.171.124 Beta 1
- Menu item added in IM/chat for viewing archives
- UNC-type pathnames ("\server") can now be sent via IM
- Some keyboard navigation issues in the IM history
- Carriage returns are no longer stripped from status messages (still a display problem in Buddy Info)
- Long group names no longer distort the New/Edit Buddy window
- IM history is now always cleared when you sign on with a different screen name
- IM 'Save this conversation' did not work in some cases
- Navigating in Buddy List with number keypad now works
- If you were auto-reconnected, the IM status bubble would incorrectly tell you that the other user had gone offline
- Sign On screen no longer shows an error message when you sign off after a successful auto-reconnect
- Find in Buddy List can now be initiated by typing with the Shift key held down
- Sometimes the Lifestream/Me tabs would incorrectly appear for secondary linked screen names, and not for the primary
- If your PC goes to standby while you are Invisible, you now stay Invisible after the PC resumes
- Lifestream tab sometimes went blank
Changes for v126.96.36.199 Beta 3 - v188.8.131.52 Beta 4
- Notifying buddies of the plugins you have installed by posting them in your Buddy Updates, controlled from a new preference added to the Privacy tab in settings
- Minor UI updates to the plugin "Top Picks" manager
- Internet Explorer 7 support and AIM 6.8 software detection for AIM Gallery
- Default AIM chrome color changed from "Love, AIM" to "Skinny Dip" black and blue chrome
- A replace option for Load Buddy List
Changes for v184.108.40.206 Beta - v220.127.116.11 Beta
- Connection settings: Having issues signing on? AIM can help you configure your firewall or proxy settings. Look for the Connection tab in your settings manager.
- Status message in the Buddy List: Broadcast a personal message to your friends, even when you're available. Simply type your message in the field under your screen name at the top of your Buddy List. It will appear under your screen name on their Buddy List and when they hover over you name too. More status integration is coming soon.
- My Quick Access Panel: Rollover your screen name at the top of the Buddy List and get one-click access to your settings, email, expressions and buddy info
- Buddy Details: From the Buddy List, roll over your buddy's screen name and take action. Send a text message, call their PC, send an email and more. Don't forget to try expanding the form and save info for your buddy.
- Tips from AIM: Did you know you could do that on AIM? Look for a tip on the IM window.
- Updated Advertisement placement: Conveniently moved to the bottom of the Buddy List to allow easier access to your menus.
- Text Message Mode: Don't waste your mobile phone text messages. Send them from AIM. Clicking the TXT Msg button on the IM form is just one new place you can access this mode.