Version history for Eraser (Portable)
Changes for v5.8.7 - v5.8.8
- Eraser 5.8.8 is released. This release is mainly meant to fix the disk corruption which results from running a first/last 2KB erase on a sparse file as well as to fix the context menu causing Explorer to hang when installed with certain software which also inserts a context menu item.
- Do note that the Eraser 5.x series will be retired (i.e. unmaintained) after the release of Eraser 6.0.7. See complete details in the Eraser 6 announcement.
- Revision Description Author
- 1149 Do not erase sparse, compressed or encrypted files when FL2KB erasure is selected to prevent disk corruption. Joel
- 1150 Fix Win32 Eraser builds to be truly Unicode builds. Joel
- 1169 A few 64-bit fixes. Joel
- 1168 Ensure that Eraser uses the latest runtimes packaged with the installer. This should fix hangs when using the Context menu. Joel
- 1184 Fixed the About dialog after migrating to Unicode Joel
- 1279 Sign all binaries packaged with the installer Joel
- 1292 Allow erasing UNC paths Joel
- 1293 Fixed memory exhaustion when doing a free space erase for FAT drives Joel
- 1294 Migrate non-Unicode custom erasure methods to the Unicode methods so that old custom erasure methods are preserved upon upgrade Joel
- 1305 Ensure that Eraser is not running when the Eraser setup is run Joel
Changes for v5.82 Revision 3 - v5.8.7