Version history for FossaMail (Portable 32-bit)
<<Back to software description
Changes for v38.1.0 - v38.2.0
- This is a security and maintenance update, updating the platform code to Pale Moon 27.2.1.
- Please see Pale Moon's release notes for details on the updates involved.
- Important note: If you have previously changed the configuration to enable deprecated/vulnerable cipher suites to connect to old mail servers (you really should upgrade those where possible; e-mail by design is private so secure encryption is very important!) then you will most likely need an additional step:
- In Options, go to Advanced, open the Config Editor, find security.tls.insecure_fallback_hosts and add your insecure host(s) to it (comma-separated). This is needed for RC4 and 3DES.
Changes for v38.0.0 - v38.1.0
- This is a maintenance release to address theming issues.
- You will find that the default theme is now closer to what Thunderbird has; if you prefer more color and an even compacter view (and non-Australis tabs), I recommend you check out the "Classic TB2" theme which is a fast and professional theme very close to the classic view FossaMail has had since its inception.
Changes for v27.0.0 - v38.0.0
- This version bumps the application version to 38.0 for reasons of add-on compatibility.
- The only other change is no longer directly relying on addons.mozilla.org for extension updates, since it was causing problems for a number of people serving incompatible versions of the lightning calendar/Google data provider add-on, and allowing us to intervene in the future in case of unreliable updates to extensions
Changes for v25.2.4 - v27.0.0
- This is a major new milestone update!
- Both the application code and the back-end code have received a complete overhaul.
- A brief summary of the biggest changes:
- Switched the rendering engine to Goanna.
- Switched the back-end code to Pale Moon 27.
- Hoisted most of the application code to be Thunderbird 38 equivalent in functionality.
- Added support for a few additional authentication methods for connecting to mail servers.
- Integrated lightning into the application (no longer a separate download).
- Since this is a new milestone with new front-end code, you should expect the application to look slightly different (although changes have been kept minimal) but otherwise operate (hopefully) mostly the same.
- As usual, if you need support, please go to the Pale Moon forum's FossaMail section.
Changes for v25.2.3 - v25.2.4
- This is a security update with some minor improvements to image handling, updating the client's back-end to Pale Moon 25-LTS 25.9.6. Most of the changes are defense-in-depth preventative security measures.
Changes for v25.2.2 - v25.2.3
- This is a security and stability release, updating the client's back-end to Pale Moon 25-LTS 25.9.5.
- This incorporates all relevant core security/stability updates from the latest Pale Moon version.
- This version also changes the default setting for the "condstore" (IMAP conditional store) to have it disabled, since there are some implementation issues on servers and clients that cause discrepancies which prevent proper flagging of newly arrived mail. Condstore also does not offer a way to track removed messages, which is a serious problem and has caused confusion for a number of users.
Changes for v25.2.1 - v25.2.2
- This is a security and stability release, updating the client's back-end to Pale Moon 25-LTS 25.9.4.
- This incorporates all relevant core security/stability updates from the latest Pale Moon version, as well as an additional fix for potential problems with address lookups from LDAP servers.
Changes for v25.2.0 - v25.2.1
- This is a security and stability release, updating the client's back-end to Pale Moon 25-LTS 25.9.1.
- This incorporates all relevant core security/stability updates from the latest Pale Moon version, as well as a fix for a potential problem when composing using an LDAP-based address book.