Version history for FossaMail (32-bit)
Changes for v38.1.0 - v38.2.0
- This is a security and maintenance update, updating the platform code to Pale Moon 27.2.1.
- Please see Pale Moon's release notes for details on the updates involved.
- Important note: If you have previously changed the configuration to enable deprecated/vulnerable cipher suites to connect to old mail servers (you really should upgrade those where possible; e-mail by design is private so secure encryption is very important!) then you will most likely need an additional step:
- In Options, go to Advanced, open the Config Editor, find security.tls.insecure_fallback_hosts and add your insecure host(s) to it (comma-separated). This is needed for RC4 and 3DES.
Changes for v38.0.0 - v38.1.0
- This is a maintenance release to address theming issues.
- You will find that the default theme is now closer to what Thunderbird has; if you prefer more color and an even compacter view (and non-Australis tabs), I recommend you check out the "Classic TB2" theme which is a fast and professional theme very close to the classic view FossaMail has had since its inception.
Changes for v27.0.0 - v38.0.0
- This version bumps the application version to 38.0 for reasons of add-on compatibility.
- The only other change is no longer directly relying on addons.mozilla.org for extension updates, since it was causing problems for a number of people serving incompatible versions of the lightning calendar/Google data provider add-on, and allowing us to intervene in the future in case of unreliable updates to extensions
Changes for v25.2.4 - v27.0.0
- This is a major new milestone update!
- Both the application code and the back-end code have received a complete overhaul.
- A brief summary of the biggest changes:
- Switched the rendering engine to Goanna.
- Switched the back-end code to Pale Moon 27.
- Hoisted most of the application code to be Thunderbird 38 equivalent in functionality.
- Added support for a few additional authentication methods for connecting to mail servers.
- Integrated lightning into the application (no longer a separate download).
- Since this is a new milestone with new front-end code, you should expect the application to look slightly different (although changes have been kept minimal) but otherwise operate (hopefully) mostly the same.
- As usual, if you need support, please go to the Pale Moon forum's FossaMail section.
Changes for v25.2.3 - v25.2.4
- This is a security update with some minor improvements to image handling, updating the client's back-end to Pale Moon 25-LTS 25.9.6. Most of the changes are defense-in-depth preventative security measures.
Changes for v25.2.2 - v25.2.3
- This is a security and stability release, updating the client's back-end to Pale Moon 25-LTS 25.9.5.
- This incorporates all relevant core security/stability updates from the latest Pale Moon version.
- This version also changes the default setting for the "condstore" (IMAP conditional store) to have it disabled, since there are some implementation issues on servers and clients that cause discrepancies which prevent proper flagging of newly arrived mail. Condstore also does not offer a way to track removed messages, which is a serious problem and has caused confusion for a number of users.
Changes for v25.2.1 - v25.2.2
- This is a security and stability release, updating the client's back-end to Pale Moon 25-LTS 25.9.4.
- This incorporates all relevant core security/stability updates from the latest Pale Moon version, as well as an additional fix for potential problems with address lookups from LDAP servers.
Changes for v25.2.0 - v25.2.1
- This is a security and stability release, updating the client's back-end to Pale Moon 25-LTS 25.9.1.
- This incorporates all relevant core security/stability updates from the latest Pale Moon version, as well as a fix for a potential problem when composing using an LDAP-based address book.
Changes for v25.1.9 - v25.2.0
- This release fixes a crash opening certain e-mails, as well as an issue with the client having an undesired light background in some areas on dark themes.
Changes for v126.96.36.199 - v25.1.9
- This release updates the back-end to Pale Moon 25.8, adopting all security/stability fixes in it.
- It also solves the final issues with timer threads not running properly which should solve any and all previously-seen hibernation/standby issues.
Changes for v25.1.7 - v25.1.8
- This is a maintenance release, updating the client's back-end to Pale Moon 25.7.2.
- Additionally, this removes telemetry from the front-end, and fixes issues with resuming from stand-by.
Changes for v25.1.5 - v25.1.6
- This is a maintenance release, updating the client's back-end to Pale Moon 25.6.
Changes for v25.1.4 - v25.1.5
- This is a maintenance release similar to 25.1.4, but with additional fixes for the broken operation on new profiles caused by telemetry code.
- No other mail client changes.
Changes for v25.1.3 - v25.1.4
- This is a maintenance release of the client, updating its back-end to Pale Moon 25.4.1.
- No other mail client changes.
Changes for v25.1.1 - v25.1.2
- Updated the Pale Moon back-end to the latest release version (25.3.1)
- Cleaned up code left over from the crashreporter and sunbird
- Added x86/x64 indicator to the about box
- Added Windows 10 OS support in manifests
- Removed LDAP Autocomplete code no longer in use
Changes for v25.1 - v25.1.1
- You will have to update lightning for this version in tandem. Important note is that you must uninstall the previous version of lightning when you install the 25.1.1 version! The new version will not automatically replace the old one because its identification has chenged (to prevent a bug with its listing in the add-on manager). If you don't remove the old one, you will have two installations side by side which will conflict, leading to unpredictable results.
- Extensions that use http traffic (e.g. to collect data from a service) might not have been able to properly work. This should now be fixed.
- Google Calendar integration (events) has been fixed and should be working. Please note that synchronizing "tasks" with Google Calendar is not possible from FossaMail at this time.
Changes for v25.0 - v25.1
- FossaMail 25.1 includes a complete overhaul of the chat component and several other changes.
- Switched mail context search option to DuckDuckGo.
- Fixed Windows jumplists.
- Updated the chat components (This is a massive update and only the highlights are listed below):
- Added the Yahoo/Yahoo.jp protocol
- Added the Odnoklassniki XMPP pseudo-protocol
- Fixed Bug 920801 - Port chat/ changes from Instantbird to comm-central - 6
- Fixed Bug 957918 - Port chat/ changes from Instantbird to comm-central - 7
- Fixed Bug 956487 - IM: Pseudo is messed after landing of bug 920801
- Removed OS/2 build support (Follow up to OS/2 support being removed in the back-end at 25.0)
- Updated back-end components to 25.2 (See Pale Moon 25.2 Release Notes)
- Changed internal handling of IMAP mail status messages to be string-based instead of numerical (this may impact some extensions).