Version history for LibreOffice (PortableApps.com)
Changes for v4.0.1 - v4.0.2
- This release is bit-for-bit identical to the 4.0.2 Release Candidate 2, so you don't need to download or reinstall if you have that version already.
- The distribution for Windows is an international build, so you can choose the user interface language that you prefer. Help content is available via an online service, or alternatively as a separate install.
- Our Windows binaries are digitally signed by The Document Foundation.
- For Windows users that have OpenOffice.org installed, we advise uninstalling that beforehand, because it registers the same file type associations.
- If you run Linux, the GCJ Java variant has known issues with LibreOffice, we advise to e.g. use OpenJDK instead.
- LibreOffice 4.x drops a few long-deprecated features, including support for legacy binary StarOffice files, export to legacy Word and Excel (version 6.0/95), and legacy ODMA document management.
- Some menu entries have changed or added. If you miss something, that may be due to the use of customised menu settings from your previous LibreOffice installation.
- This version still contains a few annoying bugs, as listed here. Specifically, the German Duden Korrektor extension needs a manual fix.
Changes for v3.6.1 - v3.6.2
- Added support for SPDY networking protocol v3.
- Implemented WebGL enhancements, including compressed textures for better performance.
- Optimized memory usage for add-ons.
- Implemented the CSS word-break property.
- Implemented high precision event timer.
- HTML5: Added native support for the Opus audio codec.
- HTML5: Added support for the source element media attribute.
- HTML5: Added support for the audio element and video element played attribute.
- Fixed several stability issues.