Version history for NirSoft RegScanner
Changes for v2.40 - v2.45
- Added 'Run As System' option (Under the help menu), which allows you to easily run RegScanner as system user in order to search Registry hives accessible only with system user (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SAM and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security ).
Changes for v2.36 - v2.40
- Added 'Copy As .Reg File Format' option (Ctrl+R)
- Added /sreg command-line option
Changes for v2.10 - v2.15
- You can now specify multiple base keys to scan, delimited by comma. (For example: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion, HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion )
- Be aware that if the base key you want to scan contains a comma character, you have enclose the key with quotes (For example: "HKLM\Software\My,Key")
Changes for v2.07 - v2.10
- The date/time values are now saved to the config file.
- Added 'Save Settings' button for saving the settings without scan.
- Fixed the edit mode in date/time controls.
Changes for v2.05 - v2.07
- Added 'Run As Administrator' option (Ctrl+F11), which allows you to easily run RegScanner as administrator on Windows Vista/7/8/2008.
Changes for v2.04 - v2.05
- Fixed bug: RegScanner crashed when searching values using wildcard.
Changes for v2.03 - v2.04
- Fixed to display date/time values according to daylight saving time settings.
Changes for v2.02 - v2.03
- Added 'Clear Recent Files List' option to the 'Recent Config Files' menu.
Changes for v2.01 - v2.02
- The find string is now displayed in the title bar of the main window.
Changes for v2.00 - v2.01
- When running RegScanner on Windows Vista/7/8/2008 without 'Run As Administrator', it now allows you to use the 'Open In RegEdit' feature (Elevation window will appear when using the 'Open In RegEdit' option).
Changes for v1.96 - v2.00
- Added option to search Registry items by wildcards. (For example: *num* , abc????)
Changes for v1.95 - v1.96
- RegScanner now remembers the last 20 find strings you used and allows you to easily choose them again from a combo-box.
- Fixed the flickering occurred while scrolling the Registry items.
Changes for v1.90 - v1.95
- Fixed the export and delete features to work properly on the Registry of remote computer.
- Fixed issue: The properties and the other windows opened in the wrong monitor, on multi-monitors system.
Changes for v1.85 - v1.90
- Added 'Recent Config Files' menu, which allows you to easily open the last 10 configuration files that you used.