Version history for PhotoDemon
Changes for v6.4 - v6.6 Beta 1
- This release is more about refinement than epic new features (although there are still some great new tools, like polygon, lasso, and magic wand selections). Some of the other new features, like automatic updates, should greatly reduce the “annoyance factor” of using PD on a regular basis.
Changes for v6.2.1 - v6.4
- LAYERS! PhotoDemon now provides comprehensive layer support, including variable opacity, custom blendmodes, on-canvas moving and resizing, and editing without flattening.
- New non-destructive edit options, including resizing, exposure, clarity, vibrance, temperature, and more.
- Numerous interface improvements, including new slider, radio button, and check box controls created specifically for PhotoDemon.
- Many new tools, including straighten, auto-correction, auto-enhancement, split-toning, HDR, colored pencils, glass tiles, stained glass, fragment, Kuwahara filtering, lens flare, sunshine, noise removal (bilateral smoothing), and more.
- Many improvements to existing tools, including overhauled Curve and Level dialogs, tonal range support when adjusting color balance, totally rewritten comic book, relief, emboss/engrave, edge enhance, find edges, rainbow, fog, and ignite filters, and many smaller tweaks and improvements.
- New Undo History browser
- Improved performance program-wide, including new Performance options, and significant performance improvements when language translations are active
- Much better support for non-English locales, including many bug-fixes for locales that use “,” as a decimal separator
- Improved drag/drop support, including improved support for dragging images from web browsers
- Improved status bar, including a clickable “resize image” button and “fit image on-screen” button
- New Malay language support (machine translation only, improvements welcome!)
- New Swedish language support (machine translation only, improvements welcome!)
- Improved support for using arrow keys to modify various settings
- New asynchronous image metadata processing. Images with extensive metadata now load (and save) much faster than before.
- Reduced program startup time, and greatly reduced shutdown time when many images are loaded
- Improved mousewheel zoom, with zoom now preserving cursor location, instead of defaulting to position (0, 0)
- Improvements to Content-Aware resizing, including faster performance, symmetrical seam removal, and ESC-to-cancel functionality
- Improved image load time, especially for large images and/or complex image formats