Version history for SciTE (Portable)
Changes for (64-bit) v4.2.0 - v4.2.2
- improves language support.
- The .s extension is now associated with GNU Assembler.
- improves IME behaviour on Windows.
Changes for v4.1.7 - (64-bit) v4.2.0
- adds support for the DataFlex language and offers 64-bit executables.
Changes for v4.1.3 - v4.1.4
- adds support for .NET's Common Intermediate Language CIL
Changes for v4.1.2 - v4.1.3
- improves support for the Nim language with the new "nim" lexer
Changes for v4.1.1 - v4.1.2
- drops menukey feature on Win32 to fix bugs
Changes for v4.1.0 - v4.1.1
- minor fixes
Changes for v4.0.4 - v4.1.0
- handles invalid DBCS files better.
Changes for v4.0.2 - v4.0.4
- allows more complex filepatterns with '?', '*' not at beginning or end, and multiple '*'.
Changes for v3.7.5 - v4.0.0
- Lua was upgraded to 5.3.
Changes for v3.7.0 - v3.7.5
- adds Reverse Selected Lines and Select All Bookmarks commands.
Changes for v3.6.0 - v3.6.1
- fixes bugs including making the find strip visible on Windows XP.
Changes for v3.5.0 - v3.5.7
- Version 3.5.7 adds "Selection Add Next" and "Selection Add Each" commands to the Search menu.
- Version 3.5.6 fixes bugs.
- Version 3.5.5 fixes bugs.
- Version 3.5.4 adds minor features and fixes bugs.
- Version 3.5.3 shuts down quicker.
- Version 3.5.2 makes minor improvements and fixes bugs.
- Version 3.5.1 fixes minor bugs.
Changes for v3.4.3 - v3.4.4
- fixes bugs.
Changes for v3.4.1 - v3.4.3
- Fixes hangs and crashes at shutdown on Windows.
- Performs word and search match highlighting as an idle task to improve interactivity and allow use of these features on large files.
Changes for v3.4.0 - v3.4.1
- fixes a regression in 3.4.0 that stopped the caret moving when lines were wrapped.
Changes for v3.3.9 - v3.4.0
Changes for v3.3.8 - v3.3.9
- fixes a bug in 3.3.8 that caused external lexers to fail.
Changes for v3.3.7 - v3.3.8
- improves scaling for high resolutions, fixes bugs, and improves some lexers.
Changes for v3.3.6 - v3.3.7
- enhances some lexers, with the C++ lexer adding user defined literals and digit grouping from C++11/14.
Changes for v3.3.5 - v3.3.6
- Version 3.3.6 adds support for the Rust language and allows more control over the appearance of indicators for the highlight current word and mark all matches features.
Changes for v3.3.3 - v3.3.4
- adds an 'immediate' subsystem to allow scripts that work while tools are executed.
Changes for v3.3.2 - v3.3.3
- fixes bugs on GTK+.
Changes for v3.3.1 - v3.3.2
- fixes bugs with multi-typing in virtual space and on Windows using Direct2D
Changes for v3.3.0 - v3.3.1
- contains minor bug fixes and improves some lexers.
Changes for v3.2.5 - v3.3.0
- Version 3.3.0 for find command, view scrolled so that start of matches visible when possible.
Changes for v3.2.4 - v3.2.5
- caret x positions are remembered when switching documents.
Changes for v3.2.3 - v3.2.4
- Version 3.2.4 does not truncate copies to clipboard at NULs.
Changes for v3.2.2 - v3.2.3
- defines PLAT_UNIX for all Unix variants and fixes minor problems.
Changes for v3.2.1 - v3.2.2
- Version 3.2.2 remains responsive by limiting highlight.current.word to 0.25 seconds.
Changes for v3.1.0 - v3.2.1
- retrieves string properties from the Scintilla API using property notation in Lua scripts.
- allows Ctrl to be used with mouse double and triple clicks to add words and lines to the selection.
Changes for v3.0.4 - v3.1.0
- Version 3.1.0 can define a button as the default in strips.
Changes for v3.0.3 - v3.0.4
- Version 3.0.4 can save files automatically in the background and scripts can create user interfaces as strips.
Changes for v3.0.2 - v3.0.3
- supports printing on GTK+ 2.x and uses fractional positioning in more situations.
Changes for v3.0.1 - v3.0.2
- saves files in the background and can print on GTK+ 3.
Changes for v3.0.0 - v3.0.1
- fixes bugs, most notably display bugs on Windows.
Changes for v2.28 - v2.29
- Version 2.29 can automatically run a program to determine file encoding.
Changes for v2.27 - v2.28
- makes Asian language input through an IME work on GTK+ 3.x.
Changes for v2.26 - v2.27
- fixes a performance problem on GTK+.
Changes for v2.25 - v2.26
- Version 2.26 can highlight all occurrences of the current word or selected text.
Changes for v2.24 - v2.25
- Version 2.25 is a minor bug fix and improvement release.
Changes for v2.23 - v2.24
- fixes a memory leak on GTK+.
Changes for v2.22 - v2.23
- fixes some bugs and includes minor improvements.
Changes for v2.21 - v2.22
- supports Scintillua which can define lexers as Parsing Expression Grammars.
Changes for v2.20 - v2.21
- performs much faster for Asian Double Byte Character Sets.
Changes for v2.11 - v2.20
- can use strips within the main window for find and replace rather than dialogs.