Version history for Screenshot Captor
<<Back to software description
Changes for v4.12.0 - v4.21.1
- [BugFix] Fixed GDI leak that could cause SC to hang after thousands of captures.
- v4.20.1 - Mar 24, 2017
- [MajorFeature] First High-dpi compatible version beta.
- [Feature] Added option to control whether an override filename specified in the post-capture pop-up dialog will always be used as the full filename (new default; see post-cap options tab) or whether it will be used as the %quickfield% field if present in the filename template (old behavior).
- [BugFix] Custom filename and comment is no longer cleared after each action on the post-capture pop-up dialog.
- [Feature] You can now use %APPDRIVE% and other replacement fields when specifying screenshot folder in options.
- [Feature] Workaround for trying to UNDO when using arrow tool.
- [Feature] Added option in uploader to preserve log across runs, and to copy log to clipboard.
- [BugFix] Right-click to pan/drag was not working right in object mode.
- [BugFix] Zoom level label was sometimes not updating if no images were found at startup.
- v4.16.1 - Dec 12, 2015
- [Feature] Added preliminary support for saving individual images from a scrolling window capture (instead of stitching them together); see [...] button at top right of scrolling capture dialog to perform. Currently filename is automatically assigned.
- [BugFix] Removed duplicate Ctrl+T shortcut in view menu (thanks dluby).
- [BugFix] Filenames with dots (.) would sometimes not be shown in thumbnails, sometimes .sctool object files were listed in thumbnails. (thanks lanux!)
- v4.15.0 - Nov 3, 2015
- [BugFix] The repeat region capture was not capturing the proper location for some multimonitor cases.
- [BugFix] The zoom panel in selected-region captures was sometimes failing to respond to cursor movements and could flicker.
- [BugFix] The Resize and Fine Rotate dialogs were not properly showing previews of image.
- [Feature] Fit Width and Fit Height actions added to View menu.
- [Feature] If the current screenshot is renamed outside of SC, SC will try to switch to the renamed file.
- [Improvement] When pixelating, any partial transparency is removed in order to reduce the risk of the original pixels being recovered.
- [Improvement] JPG quality/compression setting is now of a finer scale and scaled up to a more reasonable (higher quality) range.
- [Change] Using SaveAs will now use same quality/compression settings as default.
- v4.13.0 BETA - Sep 12, 2015
- [BugFix] On Windows 10 (and 8?), active window captures were taking too long and could be blank if Aero capture options were disabled.
- [BugFix] On Windows 10 (and 8?), active window captures sometimes looked as if they had an Aero theme added to them.
- [BugFix] Program settings were sometimes not being saved when computer rebooted/shutdown.
- [BugFix] Zip files were being shown in thumbnail panel.
- [BugFix] Fixed error in sample commandline for custom emailer tool.
- [BugFIx] Corrected link to ShareX website and improved instruction text for custom uploader configuration,
- [BugFix] Corrected a few miscellaneous typos.
- [Improvement] On Windows8/10, Aero capture mode was enabled by default, needlessly delaying active window captures; Aero options are now disabled by default for Windows 8/10.
- [Improvement] When changing screenshot directories, the program no longer creates a temporary file to test for directory writeability.
- [Improvement] Miscellaneous thumbnail panel improvements for compatibility with operating system.
- [Improvement] Error message when selecting a PDF file in thumbnail list was not accurate.
- [Improvement] Use of the -show commandline option was not bringing program to front if it was already visible.
- [Improvement] New "Open Image" item on main file menu.
Changes for v4.9.3 - v4.10.0
Changes for v4.8.5 - v4.9.3
- - Easy automatic or on-demand uploading of screenshots to image hosting services; easy emailing of screenshots to your friends and colleagues.
- - Take snapshots from webcams; record video with the ESR addon.
- - New optional quick-capture docking bar and post-capture action dialog.
- - Full set of scanner acquisition tools and scanner image correction.
- - Perfect capture of Windows 7 partial transparency effects.
- - The most powerful scrolling capture tool in the field.
- - Great special effects, including automatic active window enhancement, ragged edge splicing, pixelation, smart text removal, and many more.
Changes for v4.8 - v4.8.2
- [MinorChange] Removed the discontinued imm.io image hosting service from uploader services; defaulted to imageshack (supporting both anonymous and non-anonymous accounts).
- [MinorChange] Clarified warning about image files being visible to public if uploaded to anonymous hosting account.
- [MinorChange] If a second instance is launched, SC no longer displays a warning message, it simply un-minimizes the first instance.
- [BugFix] Pixelating a tiny region with large grid size could result in floating point error.
- [BugFix] Red box capture mode was capturing regions that were missing 1 pixel width around each edge.
- [BugFix] Resizing image from resize form could shrink the close-up zoom panel.
- [BugFix] Trying to undo from resizing image would not undo object size changes (hit undo twice to do this now).
- [BugFix] Automoving old screenshots at startup had not been working in recent versions.
- [MinorFeature] Added option to start the auto-capture timer at startup.
- [MinorFeature] New option to immediately jump cursor to arrow text edit box when selecting/adding line arrows for quick labeling and label changes (see drawing object options tab).
- [MinorFeature] Added option to disable docking behavior of Quick Capture Bar.
- [MinorFeature] Added detailed warning and confirmation dialog with tips before attempting to resize an image containing objects.
Changes for v3.08.01 - v4.7
- Optimized for taking lots of screenshots with minimal intervention; stays out of your way until you need it.
- Super easy to add and edit callout arrows and text boxes.
- Easy automatic or on-demand uploading of screenshots to image hosting services; easy emailing of screenshots to your friends and colleagues.
- Take snapshots from webcams; record video with the ESR addon.
- New optional quick-capture docking bar and post-capture action dialog.
- Full set of scanner acquisition tools and scanner image correction.
- Perfect capture of Windows 7 partial transparency effects.
- The most powerful scrolling capture tool in the field.
- Great special effects, including automatic active window enhancement, ragged edge splicing, pixelation, smart text removal, and many more.
- Smart autonaming of files, easy renaming and format conversion; automatic image file versioning.
- Ability to embed textual comments in files or add attractive captions to images and printouts.
- Unsurpassed multi-monitor support and lots of capture modes: Multimon (multiple monitors), Desktop, Active Window, Region, Windows Object, Scrolling Capture. Each mode has a customizable hotkey for quick access.
- Unsurpassed support for 3rd party user configurable tools, including file browsers and image editors; extend the program to do whatever you need by interfacing it with other programs.
- Sidebar thumbnail file browser provides full shell operations, drag and drop support, and right-click actions on screenshots.
- Deluxe thumbnail maker and watermarker.
Changes for v3.05.01 - v3.06.01
Changes for v3.04.01 - v3.05.01