Version history for SmallDVD for Mac OS X (PPC)
Changes for v2.0 beta 3 - v2.0
- fixed the occasional Applescript errors
- changed the default background image to something a bit blacker
Changes for v1.0 - v2.0 beta 3
- added control over the conversion bitrate for non-MPEG2 input files
- overhauled user interface, which merges the video file selection and template editor windows
- Known problems:
- Currently, only three conversion rates are available, “Good”, “Better” and “Best”. In the future I will add more, and allow custom settings. “Good” and “Better” fit about 130 minutes onto a 4.3Gb DVD, “Best” fits about 95 minutes. “Good” is does a single pass conversion, “Better” and “Best” do two-pass conversion which is slower, but higher quality.
- When selecting “New” or “Load” from the file menu, there’s an error displayed. You can just ignore this, it doesn’t do any harm.
Changes for v2.01 - v2.0 Beta 2
- The main new feature in this release is the ability to set custom video and audio conversion bitrates. There are also one or two minor bug fixes.
Changes for v1.0 - v2.01
- Control over the conversion bitrate for non-MPEG2 input files
- Overhauled user interface, which merges the video file selection and template editor windows
Changes for v0.8 (PPC) - v1.0
- doubled the size of the preview window
- fixed the “can’t get word 2″ error when trying to add invalid video files
Changes for v0.5 - v0.6
- Fixed problem where menus buttons were positioned wrongly when using a 16:9 menu on a DVD player configured 4:3 mode.
- Upgraded to dvdauthor 0.6.12alpha (to enable the button positioning fix
Changes for v0.7 - v0.8 (Intel)
- changed the remultiplexing utility to use ffmpeg. This also enables the input video to be converted to an appropriate format if necessary. See file formats for more details.
- changed the batch processor to use Growl notifications to deliver status messages. If Growl is installed, it will display a notification for the start and finish of each DVD being created. If you haven't got Growl installed, you won't see any messages.
- major code restructure, which you can't see, but was definitely necessary!
Changes for v0.6 - v0.7 (intel)
- adds support for NTSC menus (previously they were all forced to be PAL)
- adds ability to load and save DVD definitions (via the file menu)
- adds ability to save default template settings (via the file menu)
- includes simple batch processor for creating multiple DVD images in one go ("Using the batch processor" for more details)
- fix for bug which caused wrong fonts to be used in menus