Version history for SoftPerfect Network Scanner
Changes for v7.1.8 - v7.1.9
- Implemented [*] as array index in JSON query.
- Added regex replacement support for column data.
- Added support for NPcap without WinPCap compatibility installed.
Changes for v7.1.7 - v7.1.8
- Added a configurable delay between live display rescan rounds.
- Added a setting to show filtered/online/offline devices in the status bar.
- Added a MIB browser for easy OID selection in SNMP queries.
- Added official Windows Server 2019 support.
Changes for v6.0.4 - v6.0.6
- Added menu items for nested bookmarks to apply bookmarks as a group.
- Added showing the contents of a regex capture group rather than a match itself.
- Added basic HTTP authentication support for Remote XML to access protected devices.
- Fixed stripping control characters that could leak into columns. Improved saving columns.
Changes for v6.0.3 - v6.0.4
- Fixed sending ARP requests outside current subnet to resolve MAC addresses.
- Fixed using old IP addresses in DHCP Discovery and the IP detection dialog.
- Added support for multiple ranges on the /range command line switch.
- Added checkmarks allowing to show/hide third-party applications.
- Added a built-in credential manager and "try-all-logins" feature.
- Added password encryption in config files (except SNMP passwords).
- Added a custom font option for the main view in the settings.
Changes for v6.0.2 - v6.0.3
- Added an option to strip domain names out of group membership output.
- Added sorting and rearranging bookmarks in the bookmark manager.
- Fixed XML parser error with multiple nodes in UPnP discovery.
- Fixed import errors with host names that contain dashes.
Changes for v6.0 - v6.0.2
- Fixed painting odd/even rows and loading in-folder config files.
- Fixed transposing default WOL address when converting old config.
- Added service name lookup to display a service name rather than port number.
- Added a progress indicator in downloading MAC address and service definitions.
Changes for v5.5.12 - v6.0
- Added complete IPv6 support: a range scan and neighbour discovery.
- Added authentication when enumerating shares, not only when testing writability.
- Added getting a list of installed applications read from the registry.
- Heaps of tweaks and fixes throughout the application.
Changes for v5.5.11 - v5.5.12
- Added automatic OUI.txt downloading and updating for NIC vendor lookup.
- Added reading registry via WMI if the Remote Registry service is not available.
- Added domain names displayed with user names in local group membership query.
- Added detecting external IP address from LAN address detection dialog.
- Fixed reading EDID monitor info via the Remote Registry service.
- Fixed freeze when launched from a task scheduler via a batch file.
Changes for v5.5.10 - v5.5.11
- Fixed passing redundant quotes when using column name in user-prompted parameters.
- Fixed quoting variables and already quoted strings passed to third party applications.
- Fixed showing wrong glyph on Scan button under high DPI.
- Fixed broken UDP based services detection (DNS, TFTP, NBNS, NTP).
- Fixed showing any message boxes if launched without a visible desktop.
- Added import/export of variables used with third party applications.
Changes for v5.5.9 - v5.5.10
- Shutdown and powering off LAN computers made multi-threaded for faster operation.
- Fixed reading info from the remote registry (local values were reported instead).
- Fixed replacing ":" with "=" in default values for a user-prompted parameters.
- Fixed transposing IP address octets when when importing old bookmarks.
- Fixed duplicate MAC address detection (not all addresses were shown).
Changes for v5.5.8 - v5.5.9
- Added advanced filter on share level in addition to device level.
- Fixed loading share folder security information from a previously saved XML file.
- Fixed checking for double-assignment for empty shortcuts in the settings.
- Added comments for IP address ranges in the IP pane and the bookmarks.
- Added the /merge command line switch to join output with a text file.
- Added a scan for checking if a key exists in the Remote Registry.
- Added copying a script to the clipboard in the batch file creator.
- Added duplicate IP address discovery in the current subnet.
- Added natural sorting order for strings that contain numbers.
Changes for v5.5.7 - v5.5.8
- Added regex parsing to the remote XML feature to parse HTML or any text output.
- Added checking for duplicates in the WOL manager (duplicates are no longer allowed).
- Added e-mail alerts in the live log to track joining and leaving devices.
- Added Windows high DPI awareness for high-resolution displays.
Changes for v5.5.6 - v5.5.7
- Added multiselection for copying and deleting third-party applications.
- Added reading EDID data via WMI and fixed reading it from the registry.
- Added reordering IP address ranges with mouse drag and drop.
- Added Windows 8.1 and Server 2012 R2 into detected systems.
- Added performance counters query for various live system data.
Changes for v5.5.5 - v5.5.6
- Fixed a memory leak in WMI scan when obtaining unit qualifiers.
- Fixed filter value disappearance when changing filtered columns.
- Added reading and displaying binary data from the registry.
- Added importing and exporting thid-party applications list.
- Added "OR" filters in addition to "AND" for multicolumn filters.
Changes for v5.5.4 - v5.5.5
- Added trimming whitespace around hyphens when importing IP address ranges.
- Added a Test button in the WQL builder to facilitate quick testing of WMI queries.
- Added a system beep when no audio file name is provided in the live log notifications.
- Added filter by shared resource type (read only, writable, printer, administrative share).
- Added regular expression filters in columns to enable partial data extraction and manipulation.
- Added computing effective rights rather than share-level rights when scanning for shares security.
Changes for v5.5.3 - v5.5.4
- Fixed incorrect row highlighting for unique/non-unique filters.
- Added remembering custom LDAP URL for importing computers from AD.
- Excluded x.x.x.0 address from being treated as a broadcast address.
- Excluded disabled IP ranges when scanning previously undiscovered computers.
- Rescanning existing entries and previously undiscovered items made cancellable.
- Fixed painting custom column text colour in selected lines for better readability.
- Made launching third-party apps relative to netscan's location, not the current directory.
- Added displaying byte/kilobyte/megabyte values received from WMI in a readable form.
- Added folding repetitions for multiple values in a column (this can be turned off if it's needed)
- Added updating router MAC address cache before rescanning existing or discovering new devices.
- Added import/export of friendly names and mixed friendly name mappings (IP or MAC or host name).
- Fixed retaining filter to use the latest filtering condition and saving value for non-value filters.
Changes for v5.5.2 - v5.5.3
- Added retrieving HKEY_CURRENT_USER from a remote registry.
- Added double reverse lookup to check reverse/forward name resolution.
- Added SID (Windows Security Identifier) lookup for logged on users.
- Added a small removable ad featuring another our product Switch Port Mapper.
- Filters can now refer to another column and can be preserved between sessions.
Changes for v5.5.1 - v5.5.2
- Added remapping keyboard shortcuts for any action.
- Added FTP banner grabbing in addition to HTTP one.
- Added importing computers from Active Directory.
- Added partial rescan in the popup menu in the main view.
- Added trivial auto completion when entering IP addresses.
- Added missing Remote File menu item and fixed a minor drawing issue.
Changes for v5.4.12 - v5.5.1
- Replaced custom drawn toolbar controls with Windows native look-and-feel.
- Added recognising Windows NT 6.2 as Windows 8/Windows Server 2012.
- Added retaining even/odd row colour and filter highlight when exporting to HTML.
- Added creating filters for more than one column and multicolumn highlighting.
- Improved the options and bookmarks dialogs as they were made resizeable.
Changes for v5.4.11 - v5.4.12
- Added bookmark drag-n-drop in the bookmark manager.
- Added a warning if closing the application while scan is in progress.
- Added automatic saving to the most recent file in addition to automatic load.
- Fixed passing parameters in double braces when no user-prompted parameters were present.
Changes for v5.4.10 - v5.4.11
- Added reading MAC addresses from the ARP cache if sending an ARP request fails.
- Made several dialog boxes suppressible with an option not to show them again.
- Allowed to create batch files without %0 and %1 placeholders.
- Fixed looking up friendly names and NIC vendors when using different MAC address formatting.
- Added duplicate MAC address detection and a unique/non unique filter.
- Added device deletion in the main view and drag-and-drop in the bookmark manager.
- Fixed filtering out entries containing the string
when an Empty/NotEmpty filter is used.
Changes for v5.4.9 - v5.4.10
- Added a checkbox to enable/disable IP ranges.
- Added assigning host names as friendly names when sending a batch of MACs to WOL manager.
- Added a host properties dialog shown as a table where columns become rows.
- Added multiple TCP port groups selection.
- Fixed reading product version from remote files.
- Fixed reading OUI file as IEEE has changed its format.
Changes for v5.4.5 - v5.4.9
- Added support for host names import.
- Added manual entering IP addresses, ranges and host names (via File - Import).
- Added /live command line switch.
- Added a browse button for user-prompted application parameters containing the "file" and "path" tokens.
Changes for v5.4.2 - v5.4.5
- Added user-configurable CSV separator and file encoding.
- Discover Intel AMT clients when doing HTTP banner grabs.
- Fixed AV in the WOL manager when nothing was selected.
Changes for v5.3.1 - v5.4.2
- Added showing number of selected computers.
- Fixed uptime retrieval for Vista and certain Windows Server editions.
- Added default parameters for user prompts.
- Added compact view for multiple IP address range input.
- Application executables are now digitally signed.
Changes for v5.3 - v5.3.1
- Added an option to save login info in shutdown and suspend dialogs.
- Added local and global group membership discovery.
- Fixed populating 10th column when multicolumn queries are used.
- Added rearranging objects with drag and drop (WMI, SNMP, services, files and registry entries).
Changes for v5.2.3 - v5.3
- Added 64-bit build. Now the application comes in 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
- Added using NetBios when looking up server roles if available.
- Fixed positioning application on an auxiliary monitor.
- Added even/odd row colouring and filter matches highlight.
Changes for v5.0.3 - v5.2.3
- Added SMB protocol probe that improves reliability when resolving host name, domain membership, remote time and OS type.
- Fixed reading REG_MULTI_SZ values from the registry that ended up with garbled characters.
- Added decoding and displaying WMI arrays rather than just displaying "Array".
- Added namespace support for WMI, so that namespaces other than CIMV2 can be used.
- Added thread max run-time parameter to gracefully terminate stalled threads.
- When the live display is enabled it now also comes on after rescanning a loaded file.
Changes for v4.4.7 - v5.0.3
- Fixed incorrect SNMP uptime retrieval when a target host has been running over 100 days.
- Fixed incorrect SNMP string display where an ASCII string containing CR/LF was represented as a hex sequence.
- SNMP uptime column is now sorted properly as a number, not as string.
- Added multirange IP scan support (several different subnets can be scanned at once).
- Added a workaround in ARP address discovery based on querying SNMP capable gateway (some routers returned malformed data).
- Fixed sorting by friendly name in the WOL manager.
- If launched from a HDD, but the folder contains a XML/INI configuration file, the application will use it instead of the registry.
- Added horizontal/vertical grid lines shown in the tree. Improved main window positioning.
- Added F2 shortcut to quickly assign comments/friendly names.
- Fixed ignored 'ping broadcast addresses' option when scanning previously undiscovered nodes.
- Added parameter substitution for any column when launching third-party applications.
- Added bookmark grouping (bookmarks can be organised in groups by using a vertical bar in its name).
- Added product version and file CRC32 checksum to the properties retrieved from remote files.
- Added DHCP server discovery / rogue server detection.
- Added basic UDP port scan: DNS and TFTP servers discovery.
- Fully reworked core with full support of Unicode. Now the application should have fewer troubles in a multilingual environment.
- Multicolumn SNMP queries. Now you can run several SNMP queries at once with results going to separate columns.
- More reliable domain name, host name and logged user detection. If the standard methods fail, it uses NetBios to grab this data.
- More reliable uptime retrieval. Previously it could have incorrectly displayed "None" as the uptime.
- New command to selectively rescan certain columns on the display rather than performing a complete rescan.
- Improved performance on large networks, although gains should also be noticeable even on home ones.
- Reports the authorised/unauthorised status of found DHCP servers based on their registration in the Active Directory.
- Various UI enhancements and fixes throughout the application.
- Fixed a bug in SNMP MAC address discovery. A MAC addresses could mistakenly be understood as IP address.
- Added showing used/free disk space for shared folders.
- Added copy/paste in remote registry, services, files, WMI and SNMP dialogs.
- Fixed broken authentication when running workstation scans.
- Fixed incorrect filtering of administrative shares.
- Fixed DHCP module that mistakenly requested name server (option 5) instead of DNS server (option 6).
- Minor user interface fixes for systems with large fonts enabled.
- When scanning for shared folders administrative shares are no longer shown (reverted to version 4.x behaviour).
- Fixed 'argument out of range' message when scanning for shared folders.
Changes for v4.4.6 - v4.4.7
- Fixed doubling bookmarks when loading an external configuration file.
- Fixed inability to launch 64-bit applications in %SystemRoot% such as mstsc.exe (remote desktop client).
- Added a tool for creating batch files to run a command against multiple computers. This can be used to update files or remote registry, configure services, etc.
Changes for v4.3.3 - v4.4.6
- Added WOL manager button on the toolbar.
- Improved sorting in third-party applications in the options.
- Added passing host name to a third party application as %3.
- Added ignored IP addresses manager.
- Added /wolfile and /wakeall command-line switches related to Wake-On-LAN. See the manual for details.
- Added new MAC address discovery method. It works by querying the default gateway provided it is SNMP capable and enables you to determine MAC address of devices behind the router.
- Added a configurable delay between sending two WOL packets to avoid power consumption peaks.
Changes for v4.2.2 - v4.3.3
- Improved external application management.
- Added remote disk drive enumeration.
- Added uptime retrieval, plus minor optimisations.
Changes for v4.1.1 - v4.2.2
- Fixed broken remote registry scan (local registry was scanned due to a bug).
- Added several extra predefined registry keys related to Windows information.
Changes for v4.0.1 - v4.1.1
- Fixed showing host properties as they failed with an AV error.
- Fixed showing shared folder properties as they did not work.
Changes for v3.9.186 - v4.0.1
- Fixed overlapped toolbars when large fonts are enabled.
- If an error occurs while sending a network message, the application prints error code and description.
- Check whether a host is up and running before accessing it is made configurable.