Version history for SpiderOak for Mac OS X
Changes for v5.0.3 - v5.1.2
- New Feature: New command line option "--rename-device"
- Speed Improvement: Faster handling of purged files
- Fix: Folders were sometimes not listed in View Tab
- Fix: Windows client sporadically came to foreground when minimized
- Fix: Show warning when installation has been re-installed on another device
- Fix: Show "Make File Link and Create Email" errors in foreground (Windows)
- Fix: directory watcher didn't exclude SpiderOak folder on Windows, causing high cpu usage
- Fix: Syndication process doesnt run on first device setup
- Minor fixes
- Fix: New APT-Key in Ubuntu/Debian packages
Changes for v4.8.4 - v5.0.3
- Fix bug causing exclusion wildcards to fail for files with spaces in the names
- Fix file naming bug when restoring a deleted Hive folder
- Fix bug making text in program unreadable on dark themes under some Linux window managers Known issues:
- SpiderOak cannot currently communicate with the Metro Mail App in Windows 8. This means that the "Make a Share Link and Create Email" option in the OS integration menu will not work. We are working on a fix.
Changes for v4.7.9948 - v4.8.4
- Fix a bug causing upgrade from one version of 4.8.x series to a newer one to fail on Windows.
- 4.8.3 (General Release)
- Fix a bug preventing the client from opening the web browser on some Linux setups
- Fix further bugs causing warnings when installing through Ubuntu Software Center
- 4.8.1 (General Release, Linux)
- Fix a bug preventing the program from installing through Ubuntu Software Center
- 4.8.1 (General Release, Mac only)
- Fix an issue where non-administrator user accounts could not run the program on Mac
- 4.8.0 (General Release)
- Fixed bug causing synchronizations to not work correctly under Windows XP in certain situations
- Re-built the Windows installation file as MSI for greater flexibility and installation user management
- Fixed bug causing recycle bin downloads to fail
- Fixed bug causing custom download locations for file-restores not to work correctly
- Fixed bug causing un-installation to require reboot under Windows
Changes for v6.9945 - v4.7.9948
- Fix minor bugs affecting the preview generator
- Fix a bug causing the program to crash when attempting to create a sync with an entire drive in Windows
- Fix bug causing single files selected for backup (ie. not part of a folder which is selected for backup) to not be monitored for immediate changes
- Fix sync bug causing subfolder contents not to be synced in some circumstances
Changes for v4.5.9941 - v4.6.9945
- Do not include ShareRoom password support from previous beta
- Add digital signature to Mac builds
Changes for v4.5.9939 - v4.5.9941
- Sync and LAN Sync reliability improvements
Changes for v4.3.9928 - v4.5.9939
- Fixed bug causing scans to repeat constantly during scheduled time
- Fix a bug causing SpiderOak to upload duplicate directories due to Windows path separator
- Fix bug causing --generate-previews command line option to encrypted previews to the incorrect key in some circumstances
- Fix a bug causing sync to fail to update some often-changing files
- Fix a rare preference loading bug
- Fix a bug causing SpiderOak to constantly reconnect when proxy password is set incorrectly
- Fix backup tab lag in the presence of floppy drives
- Fix a rare download bug
- Addition of LAN Sync
Changes for v4.3.9917 - v4.3.9928
- Remove Windows Explorer "Favorites" category
- Fix out of memory issue caused by "Favorites" category
- Deduplicate backup selection when a folder is a part of multiple categories
Changes for v4.2.9913 - v4.3.9917
- Fix a bug causing client to hang in some circumstances when purging historical versions.
- Fix a bug preventing image previews from updating after deduplication.
- Fix local copy feature.
- Add --generate-previews command line option for generating previews for historical versions.
Changes for v4.2.9909 - v4.2.9913
- Fix a refresh bug on the view page.
- Fix an issue with non-English characters in passwords.
Changes for v4.2.9907 - v4.2.9909
- Fixed a problem with some large filetypes that could lead SpiderOak to falsely conclude the file had been modified during backup.
- Fixed a bug in the basic view causing category selection to be incorrect if any of the default categories appeared in Windows Favorites.
Changes for v4.1.9860 - v4.2.9907
- Fix bug causing changes to backup selection to be lost if a transaction is committed or received from another device before the save button is pressed.
- Fix a bug present only in betas 9895 through 9901 which inadvertently writes the user's password to the local log files during new device setup.