Derrow joins DVDXCopy development team

Written by Petteri Pyyny (Google+) @ 13 Nov 2002 13:44 User comments (22)

Derrow joins DVDXCopy development team We received interesting news directly from 321 Studios today. One of the best-known figures in the DVD ripping world, "Derrow", the author of the IFOEdit application, has agreed to join the development team of 321 Studios, authors of DVD X Copy, and will be physically relocating to their Headquarters in St Louis, Missouri, when his U.S. visa is granted.
According to 321 Studios, Derrow has already taken a look at present problems with DVD X Copy and is quite confident that current issues are only minor glitches that can be resolved very quickly. Until such time as his visa is granted, Derrow's work for 321 Studios will be in the capacity of Lead Engineer and will be performed from a remote location.

113.11.2002 14:15
chetan

Hello There Could any one tell me where I could download a copy of ifoedit. thanks

chetan

213.11.2002 14:45
scsi_boy

Chetan, go to DVD, Divx Forum and there you will find links to IfoEdit software. Or you can visit www.doom9.net to get the software as well. I suggest that you visit the DVD forum to gain extended knowledge of ripping and editing movies to your likings.

313.11.2002 18:22

How about getting it from here? http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd-r_tools/ifoedit.cfm

The old school is back. All hail the new http://BitBurners.com !

414.11.2002 0:42

Oh geeeez... How frigging complicated it can be to actually CLICK THE LINK IN THE ARTICLE. OMG...

514.11.2002 4:22

Huh? [Duhhhhh...] What's a 'link'? How does I 'click' it? Does I click *on* it, or *under* it? Why is IFOEdit [IN THE FREEKING ARTICLE *ABOVE*], underlined? Duhhh, fu----g Duhhhhhhh......... (Jesus). Clean the fog off your glasses. I'm sorry..... it just seems odd that anyone who would be savvy enough to actually use ifoedit, wouldn't also be able to see a direct link crawling up their butt. -- mgb --

614.11.2002 6:56

If you plan to create an image file, Derrow has, for some reason, forgotten to include imglib.dll (about 720K, there are other versions for other purposes). It was available in the older versions and is a dialogue to create an IMG from a video_ts on a root drive. BTW, does anyone else know how to create an IMG file, using a difrent program? TIA

714.11.2002 8:26
chetan

A-Klingon Are you referring your comments to me ! If you are why don't you go back in your own fantasy world and stop bothering us humans. I have seen you blasting RMOORE on the thread before, If don't like the product then get your refund and move along. I have a feeling you already have your refund, but just want to blast people for the hell of it. Get a life !!!!!

chetan

814.11.2002 9:10

Shut up now everybody and next post after this HAS TO relate to the news article itself or I'll ban the poster.

Petteri Pyyny (pyyny@twitter)
Webmaster

914.11.2002 9:12

I believe that this article is great news since Derrow is a brilliant guy who deserves recognition and cash for his efforts. I have used IFOEdit extensively.

1014.11.2002 9:16
chetan

I read on this forum somewhere that Derrow is releasing his own software does any body know what it is called or link to the software.

chetan

1114.11.2002 9:35

chetan: DVD Split and I'm fairly certain that this software will disappear now when he's working for 321Studios.

Petteri Pyyny (pyyny@twitter)
Webmaster

1214.11.2002 10:33
chetan

thanks Da Boss.. Could you tell me where I could get this.

chetan

1314.11.2002 14:18
SciFer
1414.11.2002 14:21
SciFer

does anyone know why my box/name is pink and where I can change it?

1514.11.2002 14:29

To indicate it's your post, not anyone else's. And yes, the color is seriously ugly, but that's life =)

Petteri Pyyny (pyyny@twitter)
Webmaster

1614.11.2002 14:39

Wow, this is the funniest thread I've read! -Smeee

1714.11.2002 18:00
krypdo

dRD: How "certain" are you that Derrow will cease developing Dvdsplit? I'm one of those who bought both split and xcopy. I'm just waiting for a more stable xcopy update but split is working great on my system. I agree that Derrow will only make xcopy better. But stop developing split just at it's infancy? That would make me real bitter. I guess that's life too. I've used ifoedit extensively so I guess if split evaporates, I would just treat that $25 as a donation to Derrow for his work on ifoedit. Or maybe Derrow is so good that he eventually makes an ifoedit with wizard interface for dummies (who paid for split) like myself so I don't need to find out which titles are needed to play the menu first etc etc.

1815.11.2002 0:43

Ah, I can't really say anything on DVDSplit issue as I don't have a slightest idea what plans Derrow has for it. We probably need to wait until he makes somekind of an announcement about the whole situation, the status of himself, IFOEdit, VOBEdit and DVDSplit.

Petteri Pyyny (pyyny@twitter)
Webmaster

1915.11.2002 5:18

I've never actually used Derrow's programs but I've heard good things about it on the web. I'm running os X and it would take too long trying to use the programs in Virtual PC. I really hope 321 Studios develops an os X version of DVDxCopy. I've already sent Derrow a little donation hoping to inspire him to work on the GUI for an os X port of IFOEdit. I have to suggest that others do the same an maybe someday soon I'll be able to rip.... heh, heh, heh

2015.11.2002 10:59

Petteri, What a news scoop. I note on doom9, Derrow has confirmed the move, but confirmed he will still be working on Ifoedit.

2116.11.2002 7:41

As part of our agreement with Derrow, he will cease working on DVD Split and incorporate/merge technology with DvdXCopy. Look for an update on his web site in the near future. However, he will continue to host IFOEdit and VOBEdit. These tools will still be freely available. Cheers!

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 16 Nov 2002 @ 7:43

2223.11.2002 13:29

Well done Derrow. Its about time you got your reward for all the hardwork you put into IFOEdit. Maybe you can solve the PAL problem with DVD XCOPY..... PS. rhmoore we are waiting for this release and hope your team can sort it out.. Manythanks TaffyDuck....